New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

If fozzy re signs,  we'll still need another LB, and if Byrne stays we'll still need cover at RB, presumably if the Brighton pair sign and Curtis re signs Gk,Cd, Mid sorted unless we lose so.eone, if we sign Collins as well, means Cf sorted, although I'd like a younger cf to come in personally,  ( Oliver for example). Still thing we need 3 more wide players as well, still,  it's going to be interesting and it's so nice to be talking about football related stuff

Perhaps this is for a different thread, however, since they would be ‘new’ to the first team squad they may be relevant for this thread. But I would imagine we will be seeing a fair few of our youngsters on the bench or around the starting 11 (depending on outgoings/and certainly in the early days of preseason). 

What are the best names (and positions) you lot see getting a shot? It is league one (which isn’t a cake walk, but is certainly not the championship), so a few should be given a blooding, Id think. 

Edited by Hanny

1 hour ago, observer said:

bear in mind dont have the full details

guessing it replicates ck bid

pays any other bill thats arose since and also the admin fee

Good point about the admin fees. Just really reporting what he said. 

Good business so far think we need a 20 goal striker and still need an enforcer in CM Its ok having Bird,CH, Thompson but still think we need a real strong player who puts himself about a bit to allow the likes of CH etc to be able to play unless Bielik is going to stay

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

That's not what @The Baroninferred. He reckoned DC may have paid something between £60-65M for the club and stadium. That suggests £38-43M for the club, thus £30-38M to HMRC, unsecured creditors and MSD for the further loans.

As you say, he may have paid, with having to work to a business plan agreed with the EFL i would say that was unlikely. Didn't we owe HMRC somewhere in the region of £30+ M alone. That does not imply the club is debt free.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

But we did clear the debt, we paid enough to ensure the EFL didn't give a 15 point deduction and at the same time, the amount that we paid was also enough for the creditors to accept and to not force us into liquidation. So the debts have been cleared, if not paid in full.

We know how much we had to pay to keep the EFL happy, 25%. What we don't know, is how much the creditors were prepared to accept, maybe it was the 25% or maybe we've had to pay more, maybe 30% or so?

Clearing the debt and creditors not being paid in full are Two completely different things. Unless DC has paid 100% of the debt then it has not been cleared. It was enough to avoid a 15 point deduction.

50 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

If fozzy re signs,  we'll still need another LB, and if Byrne stays we'll still need cover at RB, presumably if the Brighton pair sign and Curtis re signs Gk,Cd, Mid sorted unless we lose so.eone, if we sign Collins as well, means Cf sorted, although I'd like a younger cf to come in personally,  ( Oliver for example). Still thing we need 3 more wide players as well, still,  it's going to be interesting and it's so nice to be talking about football related stuff

I agree. Fulls backs are a priority. Especially as we have no senior left backs.

I don't think we will sign or need three new wingers though. I do agree we need to bring another wide man though. This could be a free agent, on loan or maybe from the lower leagues but we will also then give minutes to young wide forwards in our academy like Carlos Richards.

Wildsmith +  New  ( could be rushworth ) 

Bryne + New 

New + New    ( could be fozzy ) 

Cashin Chester 

New + New  ( could be davies & stearman ) 

Bird Bielik Thompson 

Hourihane Knight Sibley 

NML Burkhusien 

McGoldrick Stretton + New ( could be collins ) 

Still need 7 in yet but first 6 are great additions . 

9 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I agree. Fulls backs are a priority. Especially as we have no senior left backs.

I don't think we will sign or need three new wingers though. I do agree we need to bring another wide man though. This could be a free agent, on loan or maybe from the lower leagues but we will also then give minutes to young wide forwards in our academy like Carlos Richards.

I’m wondering if there is an element of us being able to spend small fees in the business plan, maybe we could see permanent transfers for a couple of young/lower league fullbacks that involve some money being spent. We’ve strengthened really well in some key areas using the freeby market, I wonder if we could re-invest the rumoured Palace compo for Ebiowei (for example) into a decent left back from league 2 or a league 1 rival. Don’t know the leagues well enough to suggest an option but there aren’t many left backs on frees from what I have read and seen. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I would of thought they’d try and get the keeper in from Brighton first the game on Saturday to play a half each 

It's a good opportunity for Roberts or Evans to show what they can do, or we may give 'trialist' Foulkes a shot. One of then will be 3rd choice GK this season.

55 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Definitely two LBs, but I'm not convinced we need another RB if Byrne stays. Byrne should be good for at least 40 league games, with Barkuizen stepping in if needed.

2 more wingers for the first team. The U23s will need a couple too.

22 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Clearing the debt and creditors not being paid in full are Two completely different things. Unless DC has paid 100% of the debt then it has not been cleared. It was enough to avoid a 15 point deduction.

This discussion should likely be moved to the admin thread.

However- I may be very wrong on my thinking here. but it was my understanding that the amount paid (25p/pound). Was the agreed amount by creditors as well as EFL/etc. Meaning that if someone (Now Clowes) agrees to pay the 25p up front, the rest of the debt will be wiped. 

Surely that’s the whole purpose of having an administration process. 

So, if My thinking is correct on this- yes, the debts will now be all cleared after the creditors/etc agreed to be paid 25p/pound, as opposed to being paid zero pounds for watching the team go bankrupt. 

Is this not correct? Or are you lot just arguing semantics? ?

Edited by Hanny

27 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

As you say, he may have paid, with having to work to a business plan agreed with the EFL i would say that was unlikely. Didn't we owe HMRC somewhere in the region of £30+ M alone. That does not imply the club is debt free.

Unless he has agreed a future payment plan with HMRC, or indeed the other preferred creditor, the club should be 'overdue' debt free, surely?

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a good opportunity for Roberts or Evans to show what they can do, or we may give 'trialist' Foulkes a shot. One of then will be 3rd choice GK this season.

Definitely two LBs, but I'm not convinced we need another RB if Byrne stays. Byrne should be good for at least 40 league games, with Barkuizen stepping in if needed.

2 more wingers for the first team. The U23s will need a couple too.

What about Grewal-Pollard, I like the look of him?