Are you glad to be a Derby fan?

IslandExile

Are you glad to be a Derby fan?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

This doesn't feel like Derby County anymore

It's been burned down and then the scavengers came to take what the fire didn't. 

There's an empty feeling for me. Like a complete defeat. I expect relegation from League 1 but it's not just about that. 

I can accept tough times. Bad decisions, relegation, player sales, no money. This is so much worse than that. We're left with nothing to survive with. A couple of buildings and a badge. 

We can't even offer people who want to stay that contract. We can't focus on kits, transfer nonsense, fixtures and that often deluded optimistic thrill that comes with August. 

We're a business opportunity for a chancer. Quantuma have taken on the club and are so terrible that Mel Morris is asking his wife "was I as bad as them at this gig?"

Seeing Derby County in the news linked to the likes of CK, Alonso and some middle Eastern fella we can't even Google with any accuracy is horrible. Throwing ourselves at the mercy of characters like CK and Alonso. 

We're talking up Mike Ashley like he's alright. Spoilier; he's not. He's a tool. 

If the Devil bids we'll be like "yeah, but nobody ever gets cold in his realm. And he's kept that place ticking over nicely for 1bn years" 

Excited about a prospect? Gone. 

The lie we tell ourselves every year that we might actually be good? Gone.

The first world problems under Mac? The togetherness under Lamps? The budget battling of Clough? The inspiration of Rooney? The weighing up of Rowett? Having to like Billy Davies? All better places than now! 

Even Paul Jewell and Phil Brown were only utter rubbish

This isn't rubbish. We can't even gather enough players to be rubbish. Rubbish is literally what we hope to be. Cus the alternative is we don't exist. And to be honest it feels like we don't exist. We're going through all this to salvage a massive stadium that will be half closed soon, a badge and a history that can't be taken from us fans and means nothing to anyone else otherwise Chelsea wouldn't be the only club in the world suffering. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different but Derby County means nothing right now. Its exhausting trying to focus on a football club that's so broken, consumed by greed and arrogance and being whored out to anybody who has a few quid to lose. 

Rubbish game anyway. With its stupid VAR and weird obsession of messing with rules that were fine when Augustus played for Roma. Blokes rolling around everywhere while the brains at the top can't figure out how to stop the cheating or what to do when they find racism. Just grand gestures made from their morning s**** that fix nothing. Clubs going out of business but let's do a European Super Duper League. Let's have this player worth £150m but that club couldn't pay a fraction of that to exist in our league. 

I'm not necessarily at the same level of disenchantment, but I just wanted to say this is probably the best written post I've read on this or any other forum.

Just got back from Asda.

After yesterdays high then low I decided to look at what's available in the football isle

Top shelf.

20 teams who are minted but have too many millionaires who couldn't give a phuk about football only money, Crap officials and VAR.

2nd shelf

24 teams that will spend money at all cost to get to the promised land of the top shelf, Crap officials and poor gamesmanship.

3rd shelf

Real football with honest players who will strive to do their best at all costs, Sat 3pm kick offs are mandatory, Crap officials, Good away days with standing allowed, Ask for a cheese and onion cob and get a cheese and onion flat bap, Or a crusty bun that will break your teeth, Accents that you'll need to have a dialect book to understand what they are saying, Never ask for a fish n mix at the chippy as they will tell you to get the phuk out of my shop, Beer at 33p a pint, Ladies of the night for 1 Park Drive Cigarette and a match, Cheeky kids asking if you want us to look after your car mister for a mars bar, And if you don't like mars bars they give you a crunchie instead, Old couples walking hand in hand to the corner shop to buy a tin of beans and a small loaf in their string bag, Boys and girls playing hopscotch and the Dads playing marbles in the gutter while Mum is on the ladder cleaning the weeds out of the gutters on the roof.

So I decided to stick with Derby County why change 56 years of Madness, I walked out of Asda skipping with joy.

Always have been, always will be. Being pretty much the only Derby fan where I’m from, I’m used to having the mick taken out of me and always coming back to defend us.

It’s one of those where I’m allowed to say we’re poo as much as I like, but I’m not best pleased if anybody else does!

2 hours ago, Rample said:

I'm not necessarily at the same level of disenchantment, but I just wanted to say this is probably the best written post I've read on this or any other forum.

Thanks! Was just an annoyed moan. Makes you angry though doesn't it?

Maybe when there's some football being played everyone will feel better. 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's been burned down and then the scavengers came to take what the fire didn't. 

There's an empty feeling for me. Like a complete defeat. I expect relegation from League 1 but it's not just about that. 

I can accept tough times. Bad decisions, relegation, player sales, no money. This is so much worse than that. We're left with nothing to survive with. A couple of buildings and a badge. 

We can't even offer people who want to stay that contract. We can't focus on kits, transfer nonsense, fixtures and that often deluded optimistic thrill that comes with August. 

We're a business opportunity for a chancer. Quantuma have taken on the club and are so terrible that Mel Morris is asking his wife "was I as bad as them at this gig?"

Seeing Derby County in the news linked to the likes of CK, Alonso and some middle Eastern fella we can't even Google with any accuracy is horrible. Throwing ourselves at the mercy of characters like CK and Alonso. 

We're talking up Mike Ashley like he's alright. Spoilier; he's not. He's a tool. 

If the Devil bids we'll be like "yeah, but nobody ever gets cold in his realm. And he's kept that place ticking over nicely for 1bn years" 

The first world problems under Mac? The togetherness under Lamps? The budget battling of Clough? The inspiration of Rooney? The weighing up of Rowett? Having to like Billy Davies? All better places than now! 

This isn't rubbish. We can't even gather enough players to be rubbish. Rubbish is literally what we hope to be. Cus the alternative is we don't exist. And to be honest it feels like we don't exist. We're going through all this to salvage a massive stadium that will be half closed soon, a badge and a history that can't be taken from us fans and means nothing to anyone else otherwise Chelsea wouldn't be the only club in the world suffering. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different but Derby County means nothing right now. Its exhausting trying to focus on a football club that's so broken, consumed by greed and arrogance and being whored out to anybody who has a few quid to lose. 

Rubbish game anyway. With its stupid VAR and weird obsession of messing with rules that were fine when Augustus played for Roma. Blokes rolling around everywhere while the brains at the top can't figure out how to stop the cheating or what to do when they find racism. Just grand gestures made from their morning s**** that fix nothing. Clubs going out of business but let's do a European Super Duper League. Let's have this player worth £150m but that club couldn't pay a fraction of that to exist in our league. 

I have missed you brilliant rants, Alpha! 

You should continue more about football overall, there's lot to rant about.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Mate the best thing about yesterday was the reality DCFC will survive as a Football club. 
That’s all I wanted and we can than DC for that. 
I think the only way is up from now on. 
I wish Rooney well but quite honestly at this moment in time he is out of Derby pay league so him going as done is a favour.

He did great but a new era is dawning don’t be too hard on it mate. 

4 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Just to clarify.....I wasn't suggesting anyone change allegiance. That's impossible, right? No matter what we go through.

I was merely asking if people wished for Derby County to have a few hum drum years languishing in mid table, winning some, losing some, in the Premier League.

Or do they prefer the roller coaster ride that we always seem to be in?

I don't want us to be a boring mid table bottom half premier league club like a Crystal Palace or a Southampton. That's not us. With the right set up we are destined to be a force again. It's a roller coaster ride supporting this club but that's what we are. What's happened recently is terrible and should never happen. But we will be back!

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

I like Alpha he posts as he sees it but he needs to step back and think of the overall picture of DCFCs future. 
We survived before with S Webb and we will survive this. 
The outcome is a lot better than I expected with DC taking over. 
He IMO won’t let us down as he’s genuinely a Rams fan and I mean they. 
Up the Rams. 

19 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Haha! ? 

Even that waiting for a player to have celebrated and gone back to the dressing room to shower before the linesman flagging for offside nonsense is infuriating. 

It's hard to know if we're all nostalgic or if the game is actually past it's peak and is heading down the hill. 

Do you think one day people will be like "they used to have a man with a flag that decided offsides! Thank god we have an air raid siren go off when the laser field detects an offside now."

It's so bad now you don't know if you've scored until the ref gets an email back from FIFA. What they doing to this game!!? 

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I like Alpha he posts as he sees it but he needs to step back and think of the overall picture of DCFCs future. 
We survived before with S Webb and we will survive this. 
The outcome is a lot better than I expected with DC taking over. 
He IMO won’t let us down as he’s genuinely a Rams fan and I mean they. 
Up the Rams. 

You're probably right mate. 

Just be nice when you can type Derby County into Google and instantly discover its a football team and not an investment scheme