Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

Said for a long time that at 6 million quid a year, all you're getting for the money is constant exposure of the better young players to other clubs. Then they leave.  Until such time as add on for appearances, mandatory 25% sell on up to the age of 24 and the selling club gets 50% of loan fees when they constantly club hop for 4 years, the level of investment is pointless.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Said for a long time that at 6 million quid a year, all you're getting for the money is constant exposure of the better young players to other clubs. Then they leave.  Until such time as add on for appearances, mandatory 25% sell on up to the age of 24 and the selling club gets 50% of loan fees when they constantly club hop for 4 years, the level of investment is pointless.

Maybe be it's done for more than just the money?! But also the monetary returns are greater depending on the league the Club is in.

16 hours ago, angieram said:

Tonight's team.Getting younger by the game (Chester excepted!) 

All our back four are missing tonight, presumably all injured.

We were 1-0 down after eight minutes, but sounds like we've been holding on since then. 

I'm not there as not well.

Hope you’re feeling better 🤞🏻

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

U21's already 0-2 inside 3 minutes. Awful.

Bloody hell! Only just posting the team. 

So sad and I can't believe this is good for any of them. Between loans out and injuries, they can't buy a bit of good luck.

I can’t understand why they don’t use Stearman in the u21s - an old head to guide and coach on the pitch instead of getting battered absolutely every single week. After all, he isn’t doing a lot else and you never know when you are going to need a squad player like him. However, the morale of the academy seems to be of little concern to our current management from what I am led to believe so perhaps this isn’t a surprise. Still seems logical to me. 

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I can’t understand why they don’t use Stearman in the u21s - an old head to guide and coach on the pitch instead of getting battered absolutely every single week. After all, he isn’t doing a lot else and you never know when you are going to need a squad player like him. However, the morale of the academy seems to be of little concern to our current management from what I am led to believe so perhaps this isn’t a surprise. Still seems logical to me. 

Spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

What exactly makes you believe the academy is of little concern to the management?