Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think 2m & Cosgrove for Bielik would be a good deal with him having 1 year left on his deal

We're never getting that much. I doubt the whole deal will exceed a million in total. 

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think 2m & Cosgrove for Bielik would be a good deal with him having 1 year left on his deal

We are not going to get £2 million for Belick from a championship club ( unless Coventry go up) and would we want a player who couldn’t get a regular game at Plymouth whilst being on a reported £18,000 per week - very hard to see any of that happening 

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Birmingham allegedly about to sell Jobe Bellingham to Sunderland for £3m, could that fund a transfer for Bielik or are their finances too dire until the takeover is done?

They will get more when his brother moves to Real Madrid in sell ons but they can’t exactly be spending very much money at all 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We are not going to get £2 million for Belick from a championship club ( unless Coventry go up) and would we want a player who couldn’t get a regular game at Plymouth whilst being on a reported £18,000 per week - very hard to see any of that happening 

I thought his wages were closer to £30,000 a week? £1.5m per annum. 

I seem to recall something along those lines when we were in administration but I could be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought his wages were closer to £30,000 a week? £1.5m per annum. 

I seem to recall something along those lines when we were in administration but I could be wrong. 

The Birmingham player is on £18,000 per week reportedly 

• 2 weeks later...

Direct quote from Bielik in the above article;
"This will certainly help me to reassure the interested clubs that I am fine.

“I still have a one-year contract with Derby. I don't close any doors. I also know there is a lot of interest from Birmingham City. I have a signal that the coach and the board of the club want me on the team. We need to sit down, talk and discuss this option."

It certainly sounds as though he is using the summer internationals to put himself in the shop window. No big surprises but this is fairly concrete evidence of Brum’s interest at least, I guess it depends on what happens with their ownership/management in the coming weeks. Says in the article not expecting anything to happen until June/July, also that his agent is in contact with the club while he has been focusing on his rest away from football. 

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The problem with Birmingham being the only club in for him is that they haven't got a pot to piss in. Could do with someone else coming in for him to bump the price up.

Bielik said “clubs” - plural, so perhaps his agent is aware of a couple of interested parties and he only commented on Birmingham as that’s the obvious one 🤔 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

36 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The problem with Birmingham being the only club in for him is that they haven't got a pot to piss in. Could do with someone else coming in for him to bump the price up.

Leeds Leicester and Southampton need well and truly contacting by his agent - Birmingham simply won’t pay much at all with our only benefit being him removed from the wage bill.