Krystian Bielik - Joined Birmingham on a 3 year deal

DCFC1388

42 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Birmingham can't afford him, not permanently. Their club is almost as badly run as ours was before Mel pulled the plug.

It seems like we can’t afford to keep him either if we are in league one 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Birmingham can't afford him, not permanently. Their club is almost as badly run as ours was before Mel pulled the plug.

the potential of a Bellingham move might change things tho.

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

With their US Private Equity takeover they might have some cash to spend now. 

Realistically what do we think we can get for him with 1 year left on his contract. I think anything around £2m is reasonable. 

I would have thought with clubs knowing our limitations just taking him off us for no fee but freeing us from his sizeable wages would be deemed a win for us.

unless theres a dutch auction for him i highly doubt we’ll see anything sizeable fee wise.

given his injury record i highly doubt there will be 

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

With their US Private Equity takeover they might have some cash to spend now. 

Realistically what do we think we can get for him with 1 year left on his contract. I think anything around £2m is reasonable. 

His agent will be scouring EU football and others to get the best deal, I see another loan elsewhere...not Brum tho with either a cheap sell on fee £500k or Bielik seeing out his contract and moving for nowt next Summer

Hopefully we play hard ball with Birmingham but we are stuck aren’t we - we can’t afford his wages in this league and he doesn’t want to play in this league but I suspect we still owe Arsenal money so another wammy - we aren’t doing very well out of this very expensive transfer, in fact Birmingham probably got the best value out of it.

46 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Hopefully we play hard ball with Birmingham but we are stuck aren’t we - we can’t afford his wages in this league and he doesn’t want to play in this league but I suspect we still owe Arsenal money so another wammy - we aren’t doing very well out of this very expensive transfer, in fact Birmingham probably got the best value out of it.

Who scouted him originally?

48 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Who scouted him originally?

Arsenal?!

As a footballer I don't think he really needed much scouting. His ability and his dominance of League One whilst on loan at Charlton was plain for all to see.

It was known that he had had some issues with injuries, but unfortunately no amount of scouting can tell you he was going to do his ACL in (even if his all action, leggy style possibly contributed)

We paid too much for him, of course, but without the ACL injuries he was a beast, so much potential 

8 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Arsenal?!

As a footballer I don't think he really needed much scouting. His ability and his dominance of League One whilst on loan at Charlton was plain for all to see.

It was known that he had had some issues with injuries, but unfortunately no amount of scouting can tell you he was going to do his ACL in (even if his all action, leggy style possibly contributed)

We paid too much for him, of course, but without the ACL injuries he was a beast, so much potential 

I was meaning who identified him as a sensible signing for the price at the time ? I can’t remember who was head of recruitment? Mel probably. 

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

His agent will be scouring EU football and others to get the best deal, I see another loan elsewhere...not Brum tho with either a cheap sell on fee £500k or Bielik seeing out his contract and moving for nowt next Summer

We need him off our wage bill thats paramount importance, anything else is a bonus 

22 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I was meaning who identified him as a sensible signing for the price at the time ? I can’t remember who was head of recruitment? Mel probably. 

Agree, given our obvious financial problems that mel and co would have been aware of it was wreckless and irresponsible to sign him for that amount 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Arsenal?!

We needed to scout him before Charlton did. Always choosing obvious expensive signings was Mel's way. Whilst I'm not confident in Warne I hope we can be confident in the new recruitment team Clowes has chosen...

10 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I would have thought with clubs knowing our limitations just taking him off us for no fee but freeing us from his sizeable wages would be deemed a win for us.

unless theres a dutch auction for him i highly doubt we’ll see anything sizeable fee wise.

given his injury record i highly doubt there will be 

10 hours ago, The Last Post said:

But we could probably cope with his wages, and we don’t need the money, we’re in a much stronger bargaining position than we have been previously. If it is a loan then we should be pushing for a decent loan fee. I think after his performances for Brum we might get a couple of offers hopefully. 

31 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

But we could probably cope with his wages, and we don’t need the money, we’re in a much stronger bargaining position than we have been previously. If it is a loan then we should be pushing for a decent loan fee. I think after his performances for Brum we might get a couple of offers hopefully. 

I don’t think we got a loan fee from Birmingham this season and only around 80% of his wages paid from what I heard - anyway if it’s the best deal we could get that’s it really 

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think we got a loan fee from Birmingham this season and only around 80% of his wages paid from what I heard - anyway if it’s the best deal we could get that’s it really 

Well we should really because I swear they had pay fee for him.last season.

But other clubs could put in a bigger fee.

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ur right we can probably cope with his wages however if that is at the cost to 2/3 players that will fill the squad and give us options to change a game then its a tough call.

while bielik is quality we also have to be mindful of his injury record and having all our eggs in the one basket so to speak