Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

27 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He's either an outlier or an outright liar ?

I might be an outlier but I'm not a liar. I've certainly had my fair share of mentals over the years celebrating Rams goals against Forest at the Baseball Ground, Pride Park and the City Ground. Daly, Duncan, Emery, Duncan - I was there. We only had ten men; two down in the cup before coming back to win 3-2. Russell - get in there. And more, I was there. Grand memories. But, I can also wish fellow East Midlands teams well (sometimes anyway).

Edited by Yoxoram
I said both then named three grounds duh.

9 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

I might be an outlier but I'm not a liar. I've certainly had my fair share of mentals over the years celebrating Rams goals against Forest at the Baseball Ground, Pride Park and the City Ground. Daly, Duncan, Emery, Duncan - I was there. We only had ten men; two down in the cup before coming back to win 3-2. Russell - get in there. And more, I was there. Grand memories. But, I can also wish fellow East Midlands teams well (sometimes anyway).

I get where you’re coming from. If there was an all star East Midlands vs West Midlands team, I’d support the forest players just like they were one of our own. Just like I support all the England players, even Bamford when he got his five minutes. 

But I do think you’re missing the point, and the all important Bants, of a local rivalry.

Just try it for a sec - “@Red_Dawn smells like Brussels sprouts and fox piss”. It feels really good. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Very difficult night for us, particularly with the disallowed goal. Genuinely think VAR might be one of the worst thing to happen in footballs history. Get rid of it. 

Still doesn’t dampen what’s been a brilliant season so far.  Hope Newcastle turn them over in the final. 

It’s a surprise that VAR rightfully made a decision against you lot for a change.

If that had happened in May, you might not have even made it to the top table…

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Imagine my supprise, Notts Forest's spending unsustainable.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/26/good-governance-cash-fair-game-sustainability-index-premier-league-championship

"At the bottom of the Premier League table are Nottingham Forest, the result of a financial stability score of one out of 40.

Calculations of financial stability take into account assets, debt and loans owed in the coming year alongside the key industry measure of wages as a percentage of revenue. Fair Game analysts said the most recent financial information from the club showed Forest’s wage bill is equivalent to 202% of turnover."

I think football is in trouble, it used to be championship clubs lost a load of cash trying to reach the cash rich Premier, but now most Premier league clubs are losing money too.

£205 million spent this season - mind blowing amount and not including wages - what could possibly go wrong - whilst somewhat exciting for some over in Doggy town there must be more who must be frightened when it starts to go wrong because there seems no rescue possible 

30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I get where you’re coming from. If there was an all star East Midlands vs West Midlands team, I’d support the forest players just like they were one of our own. Just like I support all the England players, even Bamford when he got his five minutes. 

But I do think you’re missing the point, and the all important Bants, of a local rivalry.

Just try it for a sec - “@Red_Dawn smells like Brussels sprouts and fox piss”. It feels really good. 

But I like Brussels sprouts!

2 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I am no fan of VAR but Surridge was offside. It's possible that if VAR was not around the linesman might have put his flag up. I agree with you RedDawn that I'd like to see the back of VAR but sadly that won't happen.

I was shouting for you last night but sadly it wasn't to be. Despite being a Ram season ticket holder in 40 of the last 42 seasons I genuinely wish you the best for the rest of the season.

wtf GIF

56 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

£205 million spent this season - mind blowing amount and not including wages - what could possibly go wrong - whilst somewhat exciting for some over in Doggy town there must be more who must be frightened when it starts to go wrong because there seems no rescue possible 

Must have been some serious “laundering “ needed to have been done in Greece. 

3 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I am no fan of VAR but Surridge was offside. It's possible that if VAR was not around the linesman might have put his flag up. I agree with you RedDawn that I'd like to see the back of VAR but sadly that won't happen.

I was shouting for you last night but sadly it wasn't to be. Despite being a Ram season ticket holder in 40 of the last 42 seasons I genuinely wish you the best for the rest of the season.

It doesn’t have to be this way, there is help out there, you can change.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

It’s a surprise that VAR rightfully made a decision against you lot for a change.

If that had happened in May, you might not have even made it to the top table…

If there was VAR in our game against Bournemouth and Luton we probably would have won them and got auto’s and wouldn’t have needed the playoffs.. 

You can do this to the death, but the technology isn’t making the game more enjoyable or fair. It’s still massively open to interpretation. 

7 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

If there was VAR in our game against Bournemouth and Luton we probably would have won them and got auto’s and wouldn’t have needed the playoffs.. 

You can do this to the death, but the technology isn’t making the game more enjoyable or fair. It’s still massively open to interpretation. 

That is why proper guidance on the interpretation of the rules of the game needs to be drafted by an impartial body of experts. I nominate Rams Trust and I endorse the interpretation that if the player is representing Nottingham forest, they are offside.

Yep if VAR was in those game against us you wouldn’t have been given the points either 

9 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I honestly don’t know what you’re referring. That 2-1 win at the CG was without controversy if I remember correctly..

let it go GIF

Fortune has favoured your club let’s see how long it lasts but I say that with no malice intended

I'm not going to argue against you. I dislike VAR hugely and don't think the ones it does get right outweighs the huge amount of negatives with it.

But Forest have benefited hugely from its incompetence to do what it's meant to do, so it's a bit rich to see fans bemoan its use when it actually makes a correct decision for once.

11 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

Is u on glue though?

10 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I can go along with this.

Back in the 1970's, my father (A Rams fanatic) and his friend (a Gump) used to go together to watch Derby one week and Forest the next. There was rivalry and banter, but that's where it ended.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I can go along with this.

Back in the 1970's, my father (A Rams fanatic) and his friend (a Gump) used to go together to watch Derby one week and Forest the next. There was rivalry and banter, but that's where it ended.

I don't think I can go quite as far as watching the Rams one week and Forest the next but fair play to your dad and his mate. Nice story. Thank you for sharing it.