Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently Wolves are bringing a proposal to scrap VAR.

Be interesting to see if Forest vote for it.

I'd 100% bin VAR, but I'm resigned to never being rid of it and only hoping for it to become less bad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1ndlknk1o

I'd scrap it, Let Refs earn their corn, Disallowing a goal for a foul committed 1 minute earlier, Penalties given at the whim of VAR by sending the Ref to the screen who very rarely turned them down, A toenail offside, Refs were told to clamp down on shirt pulling at corners only for it to get worse as the season progressed.

In Sweden the fans have rejected VAR 

"Sweden has become the first country to refuse to use Video Assistant Referees (VAR) following widespread opposition from clubs and fans. The climbdown reflects Swedish clubs being at least 51 percent owned by fans, a large proportion of whom have been vehemently opposed to the technology"

https://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2024/04/sweden-refuses-to-use-var-amid-widespread-club-and-fan-pressure.html#:~:text=Sweden has become the first country to refuse,whom have been vehemently opposed to the technology.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently Wolves are bringing a proposal to scrap VAR.

Be interesting to see if Forest vote for it.

I'd 100% bin VAR, but I'm resigned to never being rid of it and only hoping for it to become less bad.

It would be in Forest’s interest to keep it…

They probably would be down without it…

Edited by WystonRam

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

That’s interesting isn’t it. And aresenal would've won the league. 

Not to mention they wouldn’t be in the league in the first place without VAR. 

Edited by TigerTedd

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

MaryKnickers will probably demand a Champions League place the minute he sees a table with them in 3rd.......

The 3 promoted teams have gone out with a whimper. Luton to their credit were never expected to put up much of a fight, but Burnley and Sheffield United have been appalling. 

You’d expect Leicester and Leeds to be far better equipped.

As for Forest, it depends on what their summer is like and how much wiggle room they have. Brentford could struggle next season if Toney leaves, or Thomas Frank. Wolves and Fulham both have looked poor for the last 1/4 of the season too, not sure if that is down to injuries, players on the beach or what. 

There are teams for Forest to reel in but next season could be the one where their luck runs out.

Posted (edited)

Leicester will have a points deduction & will have to sell to avoid another one for two in one season. Ipswich will probably try to survive on momentum which could work but hasn’t been successful in recent years. I think Southampton are the best equipped to give it a go. I wouldnt be surprised if the 3 up go down again, I think the gap is getting bigger every year. 

I agree above I think Forest and Brentford could struggle, when you look at their recruitment they seem incapable of improving on their current squad which is the same one that was in the championship 

Edited by alram

The relegated 3 have the worst accumulated points record in history. Also they’ve conceded the most amount of goals.

If you actually look at the PL table, you see the 8 biggest clubs in the top 8 on 60+ points. Then you have West Ham in 9th, and Everton would have been around there if not for the points deduction.

There is then a batch of similar size clubs in Wolves, Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth and Brentford. Clubs who were all Championship or below 10-15 years ago who have done well to cash in on the PL riches and stay there.

They are the 40-50 point group. Forest will look to break into this group.

But then again so will Leicester and Leeds - both look pretty capable.

It will be interesting to see a league table without results against the bottom 3. Forest for instance picked up 12 points from the 6 games against the bottom 3. They only picked up 24 points from the other 32 games. Pathetic.

I think Luton did better than expected, but even they were pretty abject overall. They could make a fight of it in most games, but the lack of quality and quantity in their squad really was obvious in their ability to blow leads and drop points. Look at the game against BMouth, absolutely criminal.

In all honesty, those two last minute draws against us really kept them afloat. Lose those (and without the points deduction) and we're 16 points clear of them. Burnley's home form was dreadful, and Sheff Utd have to be one of the worst teams to ever grace the PL. Even worse than their last outing. 

I see more of the same next season. As others have commented, the gap is widening, and those teams that already have established in the PL--which whether you like it or not, we've become--have a huge head start. 

Next season it'll be the bottom three plus us, Wolves, Fulham, Brentford, and probably BMouth. Palace look fantastic, why didn't we go for Glasner again? 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

For you lot, do you expect to challenge? Or is a relegation fight more realistic. I'd love to see the bookies odds. 

Rather than us all repeat our hopes and expectations, if you go onto the Derby County Forum page you'll see various threads about what we all think.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Rather than us all repeat our hopes and expectations, if you go onto the Derby County Forum page you'll see various threads about what we all think.

Oh my apologies. Just I've been told to restrain myself to posting here.. 

19 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm asking this genuinely - surely you must feel a bit weird about the fact that your owner makes Mel Morris look like Mother Theresa? I don't think I could ever support him if he owned Derby.

image.thumb.png.943c6b3af9798b89485c8dddc34eff33.png

Exactly this