Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Getting a team marooned to the bottom of the championship, 1 point in 7, to the playoff (and almost top 2) has never been achieved before. No-one has even come close.

Obviously the playoffs are a lottery, but again, getting a side who've historically been bottlers in that competition to win? First Forest manager in 23 years to return us to the top flight. 

And then to get that ramshackle side to stay in the league, with all the ridiculous numbers of signings and media circus that followed, again a miracle job.

You lot might downplay it, naturally, but he worked an absolute miracle getting us up and keeping us there. He'll get another great job after us, no doubt. 

Thats fair comment

1 hour ago, JfR said:

It never rains

It’s been referenced before that Percy is getting his info from the hierarchy at Forest. Worrall and McKenna have been as poor as anyone else in defence and up until last night they were heaping praise on Murillo as a boy wonder.

Have little time for Cooper but this feels a low move, and theres little surprise for who it comes from.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Cooper has done a great job at Forest but he is at his limit. 

There is little evidence to suggest he can go any further. We have seen with the likes of Chris Wilder, Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert that it can just click at one club, but they can’t replicate it elsewhere.

Palace would be absolutely mad to go for him based on his limitations.

Tony Pulis has a better record.

Don't think you can lump Wilder, and arguably even Cooper, in with Pearson and Lambert.

Wilder has done great jobs at clubs other than Sheffield United, and Cooper won silverware with England and did a reasonable job at Swansea.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't think you can lump Wilder, and arguably even Cooper, in with Pearson and Lambert.

Wilder has done great jobs at clubs other than Sheffield United, and Cooper won silverware with England and did a reasonable job at Swansea.

Winning silverware with England isn’t a particularly great feat when you have world class youngsters and your opposition are the likes of Finland and Georgia. Interesting why he couldn’t get Swansea promoted, probably because both times he had better opposition like Brentford whereas Forest got promoted in arguably the weakest Championship in a decade.

I don’t think anyone can deny that he has done a great job there.

But I don’t see any more established top flight teams looking at how Forest play and thinking yeah we would like a bit of that. If he gets booted from Forest, his next job could be back in the Championship or a club likely to get relegated.

He doesn’t go higher from here. No chance.

11 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

But you would have been relegated the year before if it wasn't for Sheff Wednesday getting a points deduction. 

You should have got it in 20/21 really. So really you got away with it a year longer than you should. 

Technically, under the EFL's rules, punishments in line with all the other points deduction cases, if charged at the appropriate times, and without any appeals from the club, it would have been:

3 points in 17/18 = Preston would have replaced us in the Playoffs

5 points in 19/20 = would have finished 12th instead of 10th

1 point (or 2 if you choose to round up) in 21/22 = 18th on 54/53 (without administration) or 21st on 42/41 points (with administration), and avoiding relegation in all instances.

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Pearson took Leicester to two promotions, kept them up when it looked impossible and signed at least 5 or 6 players who won the premier league for some magic beans. He did a great job at Watford till they sacked him with 2 games of the season left and promptly lost them both.  He's a far better manager than Wilder for me. 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Pearson took Leicester to two promotions, kept them up when it looked impossible and signed at least 5 or 6 players who won the premier league for some magic beans. He did a great job at Watford till they sacked him with 2 games of the season left and promptly lost them both.  He's a far better manager than Wilder for me. 

I think the point is that they’ve all done well, but then hit a ceiling at lower premier league level. Like Warnock has an amazing record, but you wouldn’t put him in charge at Liverpool. Certain mangers just aren’t cut out for that elite level. Or even mid table premier league level. Just like certain players. But they’ll excel at championship level. But for a while they’ll have delusions of grandeur, until they get spanked 5-0 by Fulham and realise their place in the football pyramid. Cooper is one of those. 

10 hours ago, Crewton said:

I imagine Forest will be lobbying the Premier League for a bigger points deduction for Everton imminently.

I wouldn't bother in their position. They're pretty much safe already, as are Everton!

30 minutes ago, jameso said:

I wouldn't bother in their position. They're pretty much safe already, as are Everton!

I'm not so sure. Luton have shown enough to suggest that they could scrap their way out of the bottom three. They probably will survive, but not without a significant improvement on their form to date.

55 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm not so sure. Luton have shown enough to suggest that they could scrap their way out of the bottom three. They probably will survive, but not without a significant improvement on their form to date.

Bottom of the form table currently. They're even worse than Sheffield over the last 6 games which one would think would be next to impossible. One more loss and Coop's in the poop, I reckon, with Lopetegui already lined up to replace him. Shame really as I reckon he might have got them relegated.

image.thumb.png.44b30e874aeafdf743e8f84669d97bb5.png

14 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Bottom of the form table currently. They're even worse than Sheffield over the last 6 games which one would think would be next to impossible. One more loss and Coop's in the poop, I reckon, with Lopetegui already lined up to replace him. Shame really as I reckon he might have got them relegated.

image.thumb.png.44b30e874aeafdf743e8f84669d97bb5.png

It would be beyond an unexpected bonus if they went down. I didn't even bother getting excited about the prospect of it this season because even in second gear they've got to be better than the three who came up, although at least two of those are showing a bit of fight. Sheffield United would be below Forest in the form guide if they hadn't been given a dodgy pen against Wolves. They'd also still be winless and on course for breaking the coveted 11-point record!