Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I am Ram picked up on this first but I do wonder is Frank Clark just underrated by Forest fans or did he leave under a massive cloud or something? It's not the first time I've heard him overlooked by them (Wee Billy was the previous "Best since Clough").

Clark didn't leave under a cloud at all, in fact in the last decade or so he's been chairman and club ambassador and is often at games now along with other legends of the past. 

I don't think anyone overlooks Clark at all and the job he did over a 2 year period in particular was brilliant but there were mitigating factors. Time's were different then financially in football and we were able to virtually keep our entire team together, which included the England captain at the time. Collymore was absolutely electric too and basically a cheat code. 50 goals in 2 seasons says it all and once Stan left it was never the same. 

The job Cooper has done is incredible though, real fairytale stuff that surely even the most ardent Derby fan can't deny.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Why.  You shot you're entire bolt of promotion and parachute money on one years fees and wages.  Probably more now you committed 15 million quid in transfer fees and another 4.5 fee in loan fee and wages for a donkey on a one year contract.

I didn't realise you had access to the NFFC accounts. My mistake...

Any player reportedly on big money at Forest is here short-term, Lingard, Henderson, Aurier, Lodi and Navas. It's also standard practise now to have wage drops in the event of relegation so the overall wage bill would obviously no longer be an unmanageable Premier League level. Then you throw in the parachute payments and anything our increasingly generous owner wants to put in.

We'd be reet...

1 minute ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Any player reportedly on big money at Forest is here short-term, Lingard, Henderson, Aurier, Lodi and Navas. It's also standard practise now to have wage drops in the event of relegation so the overall wage bill would obviously no longer be an unmanageable Premier League level. Then you throw in the parachute payments and anything our increasingly generous owner wants to put in.

We'd be reet...

I didn't realise you had access either mate. 

He can desire to put in what he likes, the EFL won't like.  You can lose around 60million over 3 years I believe .  Minus the 8 million or so per season you won't get as you'll get a parachute payment.   

6 minutes ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Any player reportedly on big money at Forest is here short-term, Lingard, Henderson, Aurier, Lodi and Navas. It's also standard practise now to have wage drops in the event of relegation so the overall wage bill would obviously no longer be an unmanageable Premier League level. Then you throw in the parachute payments and our money laundering Olympiacos get out of jail free card.

We'd be reet...

FTFY

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I didn't realise you had access either mate. 

He can desire to put in what he likes, the EFL won't like.  You can lose around 60million over 3 years I believe .  Minus the 8 million or so per season you won't get as you'll get a parachute payment.   

As much as you'd want it to be the case it's highly unlikely that a newly promoted team signs up a load of new players on multiple year contracts without relegation wage drops. Especially when they've been sensible enough to only hand out short deals to the more high-earning signings.

14 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Clark didn't leave under a cloud at all, in fact in the last decade or so he's been chairman and club ambassador and is often at games now along with other legends of the past. 

I don't think anyone overlooks Clark at all and the job he did over a 2 year period in particular was brilliant but there were mitigating factors. Time's were different then financially in football and we were able to virtually keep our entire team together, which included the England captain at the time. Collymore was absolutely electric too and basically a cheat code. 50 goals in 2 seasons says it all and once Stan left it was never the same. 

The job Cooper has done is incredible though, real fairytale stuff that surely even the most ardent Derby fan can't deny.

Robot Wtf GIF  How well do you think you are doing Mr Cooper?

9 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

As much as you'd want it to be the case it's highly unlikely that a newly promoted team signs up a load of new players on multiple year contracts without relegation wage drops. Especially when they've been sensible enough to only hand out short deals to the more high-earning signings.

Good job, way your crowds would drop with relegation. Dont get this media thing about the 'great' Forest fans. The place is three times bigger than Derby or Leicester and both get bigger crowds. Never has been a football city, Clough used to moan about them year they won it. Sold out for cup matches but couldnt fill it for league. . . . except when Derby filled it

2 hours ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Good job, way your crowds would drop with relegation. Dont get this media thing about the 'great' Forest fans. The place is three times bigger than Derby or Leicester and both get bigger crowds. Never has been a football city, Clough used to moan about them year they won it. Sold out for cup matches but couldnt fill it for league. . . . except when Derby filled it

Clough actually moaned like feck that they had empty spaces all round for European games.  

20 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Fair enough, I didn't know that he was still in and around the club and yes I thought they did very well in his time and it's good that he is appreciated for it. The world has a bit too much of: "Yeah what have you done lately?" good clubs appreciate their legends like we both do with Clough and Taylor et al.

I was just wondering as I've heard Davies as rated higher than Clark in the past, during I think part 1: "not tonight Natalie" and during the inter regnum before part 2: "unfinished business". Plus also seeing Cooper rated as the best since the big man here in this thread, placing Clark at most 4th in a list of Managers that admittedly I dont know loads about, just surprised me given that at the time I'd have put Clark's team as in the top 5 clubs in England.

Conditions being right for Clark, and the achievements of those done under less felicitous circumstances or even downright adversity can impact impressions I'd not considered that. Shoestring budgets and such like, like Davies and Cooper must have operated under relative to Clark makes a difference. Point certainly conceded. Jim Smith gets love for wheeling, dealing and getting a superb team on a shoestring, Cox is appreciated but we had Peter Shilton, Mark Wright, and Dean Saunders, in his time so perhaps mitigated when we talk about it, even if we finished higher.

And yes bottom of Championship to holding your own in a dogfight for Premier survival in a year is fairytale stuff, enjoy the ride, we know it feels great. Hopefully we'll join you soon.

37 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Fair enough, I didn't know that he was still in and around the club and yes I thought they did very well in his time and it's good that he is appreciated for it. The world has a bit too much of: "Yeah what have you done lately?" good clubs appreciate their legends like we both do with Clough and Taylor et al.

I was just wondering as I've heard Davies as rated higher than Clark in the past, during I think part 1: "not tonight Natalie" and during the inter regnum before part 2: "unfinished business". Plus also seeing Cooper rated as the best since the big man here in this thread, placing Clark at most 4th in a list of Managers that admittedly I dont know loads about, just surprised me given that at the time I'd have put Clark's team as in the top 5 clubs in England.

Conditions being right for Clark, and the achievements of those done under less felicitous circumstances or even downright adversity can impact impressions I'd not considered that. Shoestring budgets and such like, like Davies and Cooper must have operated under relative to Clark makes a difference. Point certainly conceded. Jim Smith gets love for wheeling, dealing and getting a superb team on a shoestring, Cox is appreciated but we had Peter Shilton, Mark Wright, and Dean Saunders, in his time so perhaps mitigated when we talk about it, even if we finished higher.

And yes bottom of Championship to holding your own in a dogfight for Premier survival in a year is fairytale stuff, enjoy the ride, we know it feels great. Hopefully we'll join you soon.

Good post. Personally I never warmed to Billy Davies, especially second time around. There was just something about him that always wanted to make it about him, always with an agenda. Like a lower league Mourinho.

Cooper comes across as very genuine to me though with his loce of the club and the area and to be honest it's a two-way thing with him as he's obviously earned the adulation of the fans with his achievements but he also owes the fans a lot. Without the fans in the ground there's an argument to say we don't make it over the line in the play offs or in some of the home games this season. And back in October it was the swell of fan support that kept him in the job.

4 hours ago, popside ossie end popside said:

How many supporters at Pride Park are paying though? I'd heard local schools, Toyota and Bombardier were given thousands of freebies each home game.

7 minutes ago, Pontius Pilate said:

How many supporters at Pride Park are paying though? I'd heard local schools, Toyota and Bombardier were given thousands of freebies each home game.

I heard your grounds full of 23 yr old students paying more for a pre match pint than the cost of a ticket to get in. 

2 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

That’s great. Can you get me these thousands of tickets please it will save me a fortune! Seeming as I work In a school with friends working at Toyota who haven’t been offered a single ticket you clearly have your finger right on the pulse. To be fair we only have 3 fans, two of which are B4, whereas forest fans are great because they went to a match in the play offs and got their team over the line. If only we could be like you, Cloughie always thought it! ?

6 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

That’s great. Can you get me these thousands of tickets please it will save me a fortune! Seeming as I work In a school with friends working at Toyota who haven’t been offered a single ticket you clearly have your finger right on the pulse. To be fair we only have 3 fans, two of which are B4, whereas forest fans are great because they went to a match in the play offs and got their team over the line. If only we could be like you, Cloughie always thought it! ?

Well, he does have a spare, so he may as well put it to some use!  ?