Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

13 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think Cooper and Forest deserve some credit actually.

When you think back to where they were in October, they were rock bottom and had lost 7 in 10. They looked dead certs to go down, if we’re being honest. They could have easily spiralled.

Since then, they have lost just two league games in nine and picked up 15 points, including four against Chelsea and Liverpool.

They’ve given themselves a fighting chance of staying up.

But Europe still looks a long way off, so I guess they’re underachieving! ?

Forest’s new signings to help them with their late push to get into Europe ?

Everybody Dance GIF

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Lestah missed 2 sitters before Dogs scored. Once fixtures pit them against a half-decent team again there’ll be more tears. 

Big win for them yesterday, said before the table will give them confidence and it should. Park the cup games coming up, the game at Bournemouth will see if they look like their away form has truly turned, as Southampton proved nothing to my mind.

The game against Leeds though is equally as big as yesterday. Win that it will be a massive confidence boost, up front they look bang average but they are nicking goals. I’d say 3 or 4 points out the next 2 and afraid to concede, they will probably gain enough momentum to keep them up.

On 14/01/2023 at 22:58, Red_Dawn said:

Nice to see some sensible comments on here. Cooper is genuinely a phenomenal manager, the best we’ve had since the big man, without any doubt. 

He’ll end up at a bigger gig than Forest, but at present he’s clearly enjoying the role. 

I will say, the difference between Forest fans and Leicester fans is staggering. Bottom of the league, losing 0-4 against a fellow struggler and we sung our heart out for SC back in October. And look at what backing him has resulted in. 

On the flip side, you should read FoxesTalk and the vitriol they’re directing at Brendan Rogers. A man who won them the FA Cup? 

They’ve got far too big for their boots very quickly. As much as I have banter with you lot on here, they’ve got the worst fans out of any of the east mids clubs, by a distance. 

I'm not sure Cooper will go any higher than Forest, in all honesty. To put it politely, he's not very marketable and I think that would turn some of the bigger clubs off him.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm not sure Cooper will go any higher than Forest, in all honesty. To put it politely, he's not very marketable and I think that would turn some of the bigger clubs off him.

I doubt his face that only a gump mother could love would be a significant factor, if he was lighting up the league with a limited budget and attractive brand of football he might get more looks but I suspect he'll be seen as Dyce without the flair.

Forest have surprised me. They went from being laughably out of their depth to a team which looks comfortable. 

I think they have benefited greatly from a really poor PL this season.

I thought teams like Everton, West Ham, Wolves, Leicester and Southampton would be doing far better.

I tipped all three promoted teams to struggle and go down with about 25 points.

That Fulham are above Chelsea and Liverpool at the half way stage shows it’s been one of those years where everyone bar Arsenal seem off it. Even Man City are only on course for about 80 points which is crazy considering they have regularly hit 90+ over the past five years.

Forest and Cooper deserve credit.

And while it would have been funny to see them get battered every week, I think them and Fulham staying up will be good for the PL as it allows the cycle to break somewhat. 

I’d love to see Everton or West Ham go down. I hope Southampton pull out of it as then it would almost guarantee one if not both drop.

is it a poor premier league because of lack of quality or is it because the quality is so high? teams near the bottom are consistenly taking points off the top teams.

i would argue squads like west ham, everton even leicester / palace show how difficult the league is compared to previous years when you have whipping boys like norwich and watford.

i had hoped it would be forest but looking unlikely

Edited by alram

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Marketable? If that's what sells managerial jobs then more fool them. The likes of West Ham, Everton, Tottenham would be lucky to have someone as astute as Cooper. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest have surprised me. They went from being laughably out of their depth to a team which looks comfortable. 

I think they have benefited greatly from a really poor PL this season.

I thought teams like Everton, West Ham, Wolves, Leicester and Southampton would be doing far better.

I tipped all three promoted teams to struggle and go down with about 25 points.

That Fulham are above Chelsea and Liverpool at the half way stage shows it’s been one of those years where everyone bar Arsenal seem off it. Even Man City are only on course for about 80 points which is crazy considering they have regularly hit 90+ over the past five years.

Forest and Cooper deserve credit.

And while it would have been funny to see them get battered every week, I think them and Fulham staying up will be good for the PL as it allows the cycle to break somewhat. 

I’d love to see Everton or West Ham go down. I hope Southampton pull out of it as then it would almost guarantee one if not both drop.

Glad to see you admit you were wrong. Looking forward to quoting some of your more outlandish claims at the end of the season.. 

8 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Marketable? If that's what sells managerial jobs then more fool them. The likes of West Ham, Everton, Tottenham would be lucky to have someone as astute as Cooper. 

West Ham and Everton aren't going to pump as much money into the club as Forest currently are, so I doubt they would be of interest. Tottenham is a big club that is heavily marketed and sponsored. Cooper, through no fault of his own, is just horrific on the eyes and that would play a part - especially when there is other candidates with similar credentials that don't look like him. 

I also think it would be unfair on him to be on a bigger stage as the vitriol would only get worse.  

Forest is a good place for him; a club with an ambitious owner that isn't constantly in the spotlight.

28 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Glad to see you admit you were wrong. Looking forward to quoting some of your more outlandish claims at the end of the season.. 

I still think your squad is the second worst in the league.

Which reflects both positively on the work Cooper is doing, and the shambles that is going on at the likes of West Ham and Everton.

This season is very reminiscent of 2015/16 when Leicester won the league - a season where many clubs underperformed.

I think it’s safe to say so far that City, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Southampton are underperforming. That’s almost half the league. Villa were also in that group while Leeds are on for less than 40 points too.

40 points used to aim to avoid relegation. This season it will probably get you a top 12 finish.

13 hours ago, David said:

Game changer right here.

Yep. Hennessy is possibly one of the worst goalkeepers around. Rather have Patrick Foletti.