Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

I don't know what pleased me more.  Seeing Florist panned or having captained Haaland in the FPL.  

But jokes aside, it does show the huge disparity in this league that they're still nowhere near the elite teams despite spending something like £150m, sticking someone like £100k a week Lingard on the bench, and rumoured for even more incomings on deadline day.  I really don't want to see any team fail but there's always exceptions  ?

44 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I don't know what pleased me more.  Seeing Florist panned or having captained Haaland in the FPL.  

But jokes aside, it does show the huge disparity in this league that they're still nowhere near the elite teams despite spending something like £150m, sticking someone like £100k a week Lingard on the bench, and rumoured for even more incomings on deadline day.  I really don't want to see any team fail but there's always exceptions  ?

Yeh but they spent £50mill on a guy thats only ever scored one premier league goal and didnt even play for Wolves most of the time. I could spend £100 mill to buy Jake Buxton, but it doesnt mean he would be capable of stopping Haaland scoring

4 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I wonder how many of these new signings will find themselves at Olympiakos in January at a massive profit for Forest?

If not the numbers just don't stack up, they are allegedly buying another forward today fir millions yet the ones that they have bought so far were only on the bench last night.

In my opinion that either means that Cooper is terrible at paying big money on players, like Arthur Cox whe Lionel gave him a Kings ransom to build a brand new team, or they are buying them as a group purchase and those that can't cut it have to go and play in Greece.

But a lot of these players are going to forest because it's the premier League. They may not want to go to Greece. If the player doesn't want to go, the transfer doesn't happen.

That said, I can see your point. There obviously is some dodgy money laundering scheme going on and the loophole should be patched up as it's allowed Forest a competitive advantage. They can afford to make a bad big money signing and then write it off as they get shipped out to olympiacos. It's a joke.

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Brentford spent £33m last season but still finished 13th. Only spent £45m this summer.
Brighton spent £60m in their first season for 15th place.
Leeds £53m for 9th place.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Brentford spent £33m last season but still finished 13th. Only spent £45m this summer.
Brighton spent £60m in their first season for 15th place.
Leeds £53m for 9th place.

Exactly. It is possible without spending huge sums of money. Those clubs are very well run football clubs. Despite promotion, Forest aren't.

It's like Supermarket Sweep over there, only this time compered by Dane Murphy rather than Dale Winton.

I notice that some of them have moved on from "but City have spent a Billion" to "as long as we beat 11 points I'll be happy".

Talk about "ambition" ....