Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If they don’t go down, the who will? Fulham are a better side and have better players. Bournemouth probably also feel they have a better side. 

Signing Jesse Lingard won’t make them suddenly that much better.

I believe Lingard is a player above their level considering that they are a newly promoted side. He will score goals and make them better. But if they are willing to break their wage structure to sign him then it could disrupt the harmony of the squad as another poster has alluded to.

? 

I’ll say I’m not the biggest fan of Lingard, he should have had ambition to play and left United years ago.. but he undoubtedly has quality that you need at this level.

Wages are a concern, maybe 1/5th of his demands and a flat in Bullwell is enough of an appeal?? 

Certainly makes a change from signing the likes of Harry Arter and Nuno De Costa ?‍♂️ 

They’re welcome to the cockwomble ……£180k/week if true then ??? they’ll be in exactly the same boat we’ve been in. Stupid 

11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

They’re welcome to the cockwomble ……£180k/week if true then ??? they’ll be in exactly the same boat we’ve been in. Stupid 

About 9m over a season. There will be a relegation clause in there if they go down

Please please please let them make the Lingard signing. He's s**** (relative to what he will cost in wages). I'll almost feel sorry for them. Imagine waiting all this time to get back in the top division and your marquee signing is 29 year old Jesse Lingard.

I honestly don't understand why West Ham are even still interested after he snubbed them to sit on United's bench for another year. I don't buy his sob story about "Ole promised me this, Ole promised me that". He'd been at the club for 10 years, if he hadn't worked out that he wasn't good enough for the Man U first team by then, it's his own fault and no one else's. A prize tit of human.

12 hours ago, alram said:

the florist fan I work with seems to think cooper is going to walk 

I hear Billy Davies is available if they need a replacement.

12 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Why would he walk, they're making signings and if they get this over the line then they're not going down no matter what some want to believe

Signing one good player isn't going to keep them up. ? 

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

About 9m over a season. There will be a relegation clause in there if they go down

Why would Lingard accept a relegation clause if West Ham aren't asking for one? 

Edited by Crewton

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Because Forest are obviously willing to pay him a sh*t ton of money

But he knows he'd be going to a team likely to be at risk of relegation - so taking a higher wage for one season and then getting a massive pay cut doesn't seem a clever move when he could move to West Ham and not face a pay cut (and probably get more win bonuses etc). 

My guess is that Forest aren't insisting on a relegation clause. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

But he knows he'd be going to a team likely to be at risk of relegation - so taking a higher wage for one season and then getting a massive pay cut doesn't seem a clever move when he could move to West Ham and not face a pay cut (and probably get more win bonuses etc). 

My guess is that Forest aren't insisting on a relegation clause. 

It doesn't really make much sense to me. I think he should go to West ham but money talks I suppose