Phil Bardsley

Animal is a Ram

Phil Bardsley… the worlds most exciting footballer.

Tbf it would make sense. We’d keep Byrne if we stayed up (which we won’t) and would need someone new to compete with him with Ebosele leaving. Bardsley would still be a very capable Championship player. But we won’t be in the Championship, so I’d be a bit pissed if I’d paid to read that story…

Remain hopeful that next season doesn't repeat the last two seasons transfer policy.

Spending almost nothing on players, and the bringing in old has beens which in my opinion don't strengthen the squad.

I'm hopeful that we have learned our lessons and want to see a strong enough team to win promotion if we are in League one.

In League there are a number of strong teams, many have a 20 goals a season player.

9 players in League one have scored at least 15 goals, 6 players have scored at least 19 goals.

Lawrence is on 11 goals.

Teams in League one need a strong defense.

5 players have 10+ assists in League one.

Lawrence our top assist player, is on 5 assists.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

Remain hopeful that next season doesn't repeat the last two seasons transfer policy.

Spending almost nothing on players, and the bringing in old has beens which in my opinion don't strengthen the squad.

I'm hopeful that we have learned our lessons and want to see a strong enough team to win promotion if we are in League one.

In League there are a number of strong teams, many have a 20 goals a season player.

9 players in League one have scored at least 15 goals, 6 players have scored at least 19 goals.

Lawrence is on 11 goals.

Teams in League one need a strong defense.

5 players have 10+ assists in League one.

Lawrence our top assist player, is on 5 assists.

It wasn't a policy, we were under transfer embargo.

Firstly,  we won't have money to bring in  players on transfer fees.

Secondly, I think Rooney has done pretty well with the players he has been able to bring in, limited as he was.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Secondly, I think Rooney has done pretty well with the players he has been able to bring in, limited as he was.

If we'd have just be able to sign Jagielka until the end of the season, I think we'd have stayed up. 

£4.5 a week for 6 months was (or maybe) the difference.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Well we could have once kircher take over the club and with what ever backer he brings with.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well we could have once kircher take over the club and with what ever backer he brings with.

Unfortunately, we'll be operating under an EFL-approved business plan until we've paid the creditors what we've agreed to pay them. If the rumours are correct, that  could take 3 years. The business plan will have limitations on squad size and, probably, a restriction on paying transfer fees of some kind, salary cap etc. 

Best to assume that there'll be no splashing out on players until further notice. 

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Unfortunately, we'll be operating under an EFL-approved business plan until we've paid the creditors what we've agreed to pay them. If the rumours are correct, that  could take 3 years. The business plan will have limitations on squad size and, probably, a restriction on paying transfer fees of some kind, salary cap etc. 

Best to assume that there'll be no splashing out on players until further notice. 

Bolton were under this till last year when they paid off the unsecured creditors. They had a embargo on the transfers allowing only free agents, no loans, 4.5k a week maximum wage and squad size off 23....exactly what we have now. 

29 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Bolton were under this till last year when they paid off the unsecured creditors. They had a embargo on the transfers allowing only free agents, no loans, 4.5k a week maximum wage and squad size off 23....exactly what we have now. 

That's what I thought. 

18 hours ago, angieram said:

The players hes brought in are definately not Rooney's first choice, they were the players he was forced to bring in given the restrictions.

Who says he will not have money, i mean why buy derby for a vast amount of money and then spend nothing on new players for a team that could lose at least 50% of its players in the summer, rooney has stated he wants at least 40 new players in the summer.

Of course that probably does mean we will get a lot of rejects to join the club again, but hopefully in the key and necessary positions derby will be signing some players on a budget.