Swansea vs The Rams Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

16 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Wayne Rooney on Radio Derby:
I don’t want to get myself into trouble ... but I hope the referee gets banned. 

The ref set the tone by allowing that stamp on Ravel in the first 10 minutes to go unpunished. His performance was downhill from there, culminating in not giving the penalty. Not surprised he didn't give it. He was directly in line with the play, so I expect he couldn't cope with the pressure from the home team.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The ref set the tone by allowing that stamp on Ravel in the first 10 minutes to go unpunished. His performance was downhill from there, culminating in not giving the penalty. Not surprised he didn't give it. He was directly in line with the play, so I expect he couldn't cope with the pressure from the home team.

I didn't see a stamp, but he gave Ravel a punch in the kidneys.

57 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Tbf today Curtis handled in the box first half and Alsop should have been sent off. We have been hard done by but all teams will point to decisions that they should have had. 

I for one am just glad we’ve taken it to the wire. 

Others have given the opinion that Curtis was only 3 yards from the shooter and his arm was in a natural position, but what was Allsop's offence that was worth a red card? (I didn't see the game). 

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Others have given the opinion that Curtis was only 3 yards from the shooter and his arm was in a natural position, but what was Allsop's offence that was worth a red card? (I didn't see the game). 

He blocked their striker who would have been clear through on goal…

Sounds to me like today was similar to the other 7 away defeats. Couldn’t Wayne have tried something a bit different today? Sounds like we created very few chances in a game we simply had to win. Not criticising Wazza, just asking the question ?

51 minutes ago, jono said:

You’re right. … It looks like it’s over with a 9 point gap, of course it does; but if we win 2 and Reading lose 2 ? Never say never, fight to the end

Reading have lost perhaps the easiest game they have remaining to play, at home. We have three winnable games for our last 3 games so long as we are still within 9 points of them with three or more to play there is still a chance.