Daily Mail Article 50 year anniversary a positive post

loweman2

I was privileged to be asked by @Matt_Barlow_DM of the Daily Mail to assist him in putting together a full double page article celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Derby County becoming the Champions of England, please share its a great write up, so great to see something positive about our great club.

#SaveDerbyCounty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10677815/amp/Derby-legends-trip-memory-lane-50-years-winning-league.html

45 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

I was privileged to be asked by @Matt_Barlow_DM of the Daily Mail to assist him in putting together a full double page article celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Derby County becoming the Champions of England, please share its a great write up, so great to see something positive about our great club.

#SaveDerbyCounty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10677815/amp/Derby-legends-trip-memory-lane-50-years-winning-league.html

Nice one Phil. ??

I had summat in me eye at one point reading that......

7 hours ago, loweman2 said:

#SaveDerbyCounty

Brilliant article. Can that really be the Daily Mail?

8 hours ago, loweman2 said:

#SaveDerbyCounty

Brilliant stuff @loweman2. Loved the joke by Peter Taylor about Roger Davies. Taylor had a brilliant mind and a fantastic sense of humour which often went under the radar because everyone was waiting for Cloughie to speak. We just did not fully realise at the time that we were in the presence of football gods. 

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I’m in. Let’s make it the Sombrero Game. Maybe a double celebration. 

Edited by Ellafella

9 hours ago, loweman2 said:

#SaveDerbyCounty

What a fantastic read. I don’t think we’ll ever see  days like that again.

But we have the memories forever

On 02/04/2022 at 08:28, Mucker1884 said:

Blimey!  That was quick!

arrived before 2pm today, so c. 30 hours delivered!  
Seem ok. Quite large/loose fit in me. (I’m a hat size 7 & one-eighth). 
large brim… too large to fit in a selfie… or I need longer arms!  ?

11D5503F-6514-4A0D-8830-DA4E66D84760.jpeg

On 02/04/2022 at 06:50, Mucker1884 said:

Regardless of how things go from here on in, I reckon we should all turn up in sombreros for the last match v Cardiff.

A nod to better times... the best times... if nothing else!  ?

This is a fun idea. Love it! Needs its own thread and dare I say pinning as tucked away on here. Then someone with lots of followers on Twitter will present the idea as their own but we will all know who the genius is

32 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sincere apologies for the intrusion, @loweman2.
I've now attempted to divert any potential further sombrero-talk to it's purpose-made thread here...

??

no intrusion, its a great idea, could maybe get a plank smuggled in a set up a diving board off the upper tier of the south stand !!

9 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

no intrusion, its a great idea, could maybe get a plank smuggled in a set up a diving board off the upper tier of the south stand !!

So I've got my flying saucer and big goggles outfit on, my Sombrero on, might put a pair of speedos on top of my flying saucer suit, might stick on my flippers...............should I give Tom Daley a ring, (ohh err!) see if he fancies it?

On 02/04/2022 at 08:28, Mucker1884 said:

Great idea, get your money's worth by taking them to Blackpool away for the last away game of the season as well.