Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The "This is utter tripe " comment was an early warning for your post I take it. The fact that we are heading for league One and not been able to renew players contracts has nothing to do  with EFL,  yeah right.

Mel Morris put us into administration - thats the reason we cant extend contracts and thats why we're heading for League 1.

The EFL can be blamed for a lot of things but the above is nothing to do with them.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Mel Morris put us into administration - thats the reason we cant extend contracts and thats why we're heading for League 1.

The EFL can be blamed for a lot of things but the above is nothing to do with them.

So insolvency law says that firms in administration cannot extend contracts? And that firms in adminstration have to be deducted 21 points to make things harder for them ? And insolvency law says firms have to deal with dodgy claims from business rivals whilst in administration? Actually I think it says the opposite.    

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

Am I reading this right, some 'supporters' here would rather see the club liquidated, over a century of history wiped out? Academy players' dreams of hoping to be the next Plange. Our Rolls-Royce management team of Rooney-Rosenior looking for employment. Players like Buchanan who has black eyes on top of black eyes and gets concussed at least twice a game, they are off to find other teams. Shinnie who cried his heart out when shown the door. And on top of that HMRC, Dell and all other creditors not getting a penny? Pride Park would be flattened and replaced by an Aldi and the training facilities demolished to make way for some Redrow housing estate? It's bad enough that guy Beaufort1 who takes over the DET site saying he'd not go to a game ever again if Morris bought the club out of administration, even though he never goes, but some on here?

If one of the moderators here has any balls, I hope they delete the accounts of those voting liquidation ahead of someone stepping in to save our club. 

oswald-mosley-1.jpg

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

So insolvency law says that firms in administration cannot extend contracts? And that firms in adminstration have to be deducted 21 points to make things harder for them ? And insolvency law says firms have to deal with dodgy claims from business rivals whilst in administration? Actually I think it says the opposite.    

Who said anything about insolvency law?

The EFLs rules on this were quite clear before Mel decided to put us into administration. We're not allowed to extend contracts or buy new players because it is currently unclear where the money will come from to pay for any of that. The EFL is trying to protect other clubs as well as ourselves.

12 points for administration is automatic as per EFL rules and the 9 points was for breaching ffp, which again is part of their rules. There has to be a punishment for entering administration otherwise teams will just take advantage of it and if FFP isnt going to be enforced there is no point doing it (and before you say anything no i dont think ffp is a good system, but that is irrelevant)

I have no idea why you are trying to protect Melvyn, but everything that has happened is entirely his fault. We wouldnt even be in administration if it wasnt for his actions.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

@curtains - do yourself a favour buddy and relax. Posting articles that are 13 months old really isnt going to help you, or anybody else on here who are keen to grasp any bit of negativity and run with it.  Everything will be come more clear by the end of the week.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

@curtains - do yourself a favour buddy and relax. Posting articles that are 13 months old really isnt going to help you, or anybody else on here who are keen to grasp any bit of negativity and run with it.  Everything will be come more clear by the end of the week.

I’m totally relaxed and think we will be ok in the end .

People need to know how we got here .

25 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The EFLs rules on this were quite clear before Mel decided to put us into administration. We're not allowed to extend contracts or buy new players because it is currently unclear where the money will come from to pay for any of that. The EFL is trying to protect other clubs as well as ourselves.

12 points for administration is automatic as per EFL rules and the 9 points was for breaching ffp, which again is part of their rules. There has to be a punishment for entering administration otherwise teams will just take advantage of it and if FFP isnt going to be enforced there is no point doing it (and before you say anything no i dont think ffp is a good system, but that is irrelevant)

I have no idea why you are trying to protect Melvyn, but everything that has happened is entirely his fault. We wouldnt even be in administration if it wasnt for his actions.

Spot on, We cannot have a go at the EFL for imposing their own rules and ones we agreed to. The only thing that I feel that is up for debate (and this is not about Derby but generally) is that the penalties are issued in a way that dosnt reflect other penalties that have been give previously. Again we accepted the 9 points.

Mel is responsible for both and the ongoing administration issues. Re what the previous person commented about the cases involving Middlesbrough and Wycombe, he has a point, I don’t think the EFL were correct in what they did.

the EFL have a lot to answer but they are general football issues. Such as FFP, PP and the ridiculous system of COVID relief that benefits some more than their covid losses. It has allowed some clubs to potentially fall within FFP when they would not have done in a non covid period.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I’m totally relaxed and think we will be ok in the end .

People need to know how we got here .

Everybody knows, including you. But you and a great number would still have 'him' back to wreak more havoc. He shouldnt be allowed to run a Village under-8s team.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I am not trying to protect Mel Morris. He left the club six months ago. Since then we have had 21 points deducted by Efl. The appointed insolvency practitioners have been prevented from doing their job by the Efl. Where in the rules does it say anything about player contracts? Or 15 point deductions? Or that Efl made up rules take precedence over insolvency legislation? 

ffp wasn’t enforced for other clubs that sold their stadia. Or other clubs who used creative accounting. So why Derby? 
even the daily Mail say Efl have a vendetta against us.