We may be bottom but only way is up

B4ev6is

Well to the lads you all been so brave and played out of your skin to try and keep us up. If you can find that derby county black and white warrior spirt one more time it will be tough but these last 7 or 8 games remaining go out there and give everything you have left. Us the derby county fans will do it with you side by side we have stuck togather and will shall do it again.

What ever happens you go down as legends that tried so hard to do the most great escapes and I still have hope that we can still do it.

I really hope you're right B4. I hope they can raise themselves for a defiant finish but current form is really poor. 1 win in 7 and just 4 points from 21 available for those games. Hopefully it was just a wobble and we can finish the season strongly wherever we end up. COYR

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Having seen us in recent weeks outplay Hull, Peterborough and at times an inform Barnsley, still seems wrong we are below them and everyone else. 

it’s not just the points deduction also that we do not have the strikers to take advantage of our play.

Well if we would insist on getting rid of Chris Martin and Jack Marriott.....

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Efl got rid of Marriott for us but before that cocu made that choice and also chris Martin.

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Both were offered new contracts I believe. EFL wouldn't let us extend Marriott.  

Was playing devil's advocate (who me) but point was how did we end up with having zero recognised strikers at the club - when Martin didn't sign a contract renewal whom did we bring in to replace him?

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Was playing devil's advocate (who me) but point was how did we end up with having zero recognised strikers at the club - when Martin didn't sign a contract renewal whom did we bring in to replace him?

CKR who didn't do too bad really, scored more than Martin last season. . 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

CKR who didn't do too bad really, scored more than Martin last season. . 

I'm not a Martin fan boy btw....if CKR had got injured then whom would we have had as a striker which goes back to my original point...how did the club allow us to get into that situation....

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not a Martin fan boy btw....if CKR had got injured then whom would we have had as a striker which goes back to my original point...how did the club allow us to get into that situation....

It is not the club mate

But the owner mel but also efl and gibson that just like to us suffer.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

We didn't sign a striker from Germany for 1.3 million as we'd already signed a winger we quickly tried to replace with two home grown midfielders as he couldn't stay on his feet, beat a player, cross  or score goals for 4.5 that we still owe 2 million for.  Its the Derby way

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Martin left in summer 2020. We went into the 20/21 season with Waghorn, Marriott and Rooney as first team options, with Hector-Ingram, Stretton and Duncan in the U23s. We also signed Kazim a month into the season.

We were then unable to spend anything on getting anyone in Jan 21 (but managed to get Gregory on loan), followed by having a wage restriction of £4.5k pw in the summer (allowed to sign Baldock for 6 months due to Kazim's injury), before being banned from signing anyone at all ever since.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Martin left in summer 2020. We went into the 20/21 season with Waghorn, Marriott and Rooney as first team options, with Hector-Ingram, Stretton and Duncan in the U23s. We also signed Kazim a month into the season.

We were then unable to spend anything on getting anyone in Jan 21 (but managed to get Gregory on loan), followed by having a wage restriction of £4.5k pw in the summer (allowed to sign Baldock for 6 months due to Kazim's injury), before being banned from signing anyone at all ever since.

I think we offered waggy a new contract but he turned us down. From what I saw on Saturday I’m glad he did.