Can us fans do anything to help right now

Curtains

How early do the players normally arrive for home games? Perhaps we need a bigger crowd to welcome and encourage them (I’m not normally there so I don’t know what it’s normally like). It now feels like all of our five home games (including Fulham) feel like the proverbial “must win” games but we still need to pick some points up away.

In other words, maybe not the full march again but a mass of supporters outside the main entrance nice and early.

Edited by Tamworthram

Just now, Tamworthram said:

How early do the players normally arrive for home games? Perhaps we need a bigger crowd to welcome and encourage them (I’m not normally there so I don’t know what it’s normally like). It now feels like all of our five home games (including Fulham) feel like the proverbial “must win” games but we still need to pick some points up away.

From going on marches to sort of acceptance of what the EFL have done to us seems like the biggest defeat to me .

I don’t think we have any answers as fans  and it now seems the EFL have beaten us .

The manager and players can do no more than they are IMO .

It seems over simplistic but my answer would be to continue supporting the club at every opportunity. I understand people having frustrations after a bad loss, ideally if we can then move on from those frustrations and focus on the next game maybe we can build some positive momentum. Last night is gone, onto Saturday and go again. 

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

From going on marches to sort of acceptance of what the EFL have done to us seems like the biggest defeat to me .

I don’t think we have any answers as fans  and it now seems the EFL have beaten us .

The manager and players can do no more than they are IMO .

Other than supporting on match days there's little to nothing else we can do, Supporters groups are treated as mushrooms, Fans are seen as cash cows, MPs release twitter feeds of no concequence.

The EFL haven't beaten us, They've certainly written our death throws, The nails in the Coffin were all lined up, Jagielka unable to re-sign, Shinnie moved on were 2 huge nails that were knocked into our Coffin.

I'm a realist with a little optimism thrown in, Until mathmatically impossible that we can't stay in the Championship then there's hope, I believe the EFL will have a party if we are relegated, It was their plan from the start, Parry, Birch et al have gone above and beyond in their efforts to put road blocks in our way, Once we were looking to make a fist of it things they seemed to have changed, Boro/Wycombe dragged on, Referees conspiracy I don't believe, EFL encouraging the Cheating Mantra imo has had the biggest effect on all in the Championship, We're the boogey man who lives under the bed, We're seen as a club that will get what they believe we deserve.

It rankles with me and has most of my adult life that oragisations will, Can and do have a very negative impact on peoples lives, Football for many 100s of 1000s of people is an escape from the humdrum of ordinary life...for what ever ordinary life is, There's no tub thumping from me, It's all been down to one person, That one person who gave Hope, Enjoyment, Excitement, Sadness and eventually Despair as this great club of ours is being lead away to the scaffold, Our only escape...24 points to be played for, Untill it's impossible to stay up...then there's hope.

COYR

Edited by Unlucky Alf

50 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Other than supporting on match days there's little to nothing else we can do, Supporters groups are treated as mushrooms, Fans are seen as cash cows, MPs release twitter feeds of no concequence.

The EFL haven't beaten us, They've certainly written our death throws, The nails in the Coffin were all lined up, Jagielka unable to re-sign, Shinnie moved on were 2 huge nails that were knocked into our Coffin.

I'm a realist with a little optimism thrown in, Until mathmatically impossible that we can't stay in the Championship then there's hope, I believe the EFL will have a party if we are relegated, It was their plan from the start, Parry, Birch et al have gone above and beyond in their efforts to put road blocks in our way, Once we were looking to make a fist of it things they seemed to have changed, Boro/Wycombe dragged on, Referees conspiracy I don't believe, EFL encouraging the Cheating Mantra imo has had the biggest effect on all in the Championship, We're the boogey man who lives under the bed, We're seen as a club that will get what they believe we deserve.

It rankles with me and has most of my adult life that oragisations will, Can and do have a very negative impact on peoples lives, Football for many 100s of 1000s of people is an escape from the humdrum of ordinary life...for what ever ordinary life is, There's no tub thumping from me, It's all been down to one person, That one person who gave Hope, Enjoyment, Excitement, Sadness and eventually Despair as this great club of ours is being lead away to the scaffold, Our only escape...24 points to be played for, Untill it's impossible to stay up...then there's hope.

COYR

So it’s all Mels fault according to you .

Thats too simplistic 

Win our home games and we have a chance.

This is where supporters can make a difference - we don't need to fill out Pride Park but we need to make sure there's a good attendance and a positive atmosphere. 

We can quite easily be only 3 points from safety after Saturday and that could be massive going into the break - and the break is something these players require asap. 

I also think we need a back 4 of Byrne, Davis, Stearman and Forsyth for Saturday. As good as Cashin has been, we need experience with Bieliek in front of them. 

Edited by Bald Eagle's Barmy Army

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Thats too simplistic 

As MM wasn't metioned that's a conclusion you can take young master.

On the other hand, It aint my fault, It aint your fault, It aint the fault of any other poster on here, Lets try the players who performed over the years, Well fingers can be pointed, Penalties missed, Silly goals conceded, Players being sent off, Players getting injured, Players being sold, But then that's part of football, It could be the opposition who have beaten us over the years, Let me see now, Yep quite a few have beaten us over the years, But then again that's part of football, Lets put a gun to the officials head, Lousy decisions, Penalties not awarded, Our players sent off when opposition players do worse but are seen to be genuine efforts to play the game, But then again that's part of football, How about opposition fans, Sing songs about the death and a party when we're done for, But then that's part of football, Managers picking the team, Wrong decisions made about tactics, But we're all critical when things don't go to how we like it, But that's part of football

Journalists, Percy, Maquire and Nixon, Maguire kicked it all off, The EFL wouldn't listen, Maguire still moaned until we were looked into, Percy and Nixon they believe they have a job to do, Not a very good one in my humble opinion but a job never the less, It could be the hated EFL, who eventually listened to Maguire, Parry, Birch et al looked into our affairs, It could be Gibson who with the help of the EFL held a gun to our head, It could be Couhig who jumped on the bandwagon, Yes certainly they helped push us along.

Who told what and when to supporters, Who had this message board monitered, Who offered a breakfast club and who fell for the sausages,  Who over spent, Who sold the ground, Who never paid HMRC, Who signed off cheques for 2nd rate players for transfers, Who paid stupid wages for said players, Who tried to sell DCFC to not 1 not 2 but 3 charletons.

Is it too Simplistic?

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Win our home games and we have a chance.

This is where supporters can make a difference - we don't need to fill out Pride Park but we need to make sure there's a good attendance and a positive atmosphere. 

We can quite easily be only 3 points from safety after Saturday and that could be massive going into the break - and the break is something these players require asap. 

I also think we need a back 4 of Byrne, Davis, Stearman and Forsyth for Saturday. As good as Cashin has been, we need experience with Bieliek in front of them. 

We are generally winning home games. It’s the away record that will ultimately relegate us- one of our worse in living memory I think in this division. 7 defeats in a row, 8 including the cup.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Thats too simplistic 

Simply ALL Morris’s fault 100%.Claims to be a supporter /lover of the club but put us into this debacle.It has all taken so long because he is trying to get the best deal for himself not dcfc or the creditors.When Bolton were in a similar mess Phil Davies  who had lost £166 million paid all the local Bolton creditors out of his own pocket.He said he couldn’t live with the shame of destroying local people’s lives.A far cry from Mr Morris who should hang his head in shame.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

As MM wasn't metioned that's a conclusion you can take young master.

On the other hand, It aint my fault, It aint your fault, It aint the fault of any other poster on here, Lets try the players who performed over the years, Well fingers can be pointed, Penalties missed, Silly goals conceded, Players being sent off, Players getting injured, Players being sold, But then that's part of football, It could be the opposition who have beaten us over the years, Let me see now, Yep quite a few have beaten us over the years, But then again that's part of football, Lets put a gun to the officials head, Lousy decisions, Penalties not awarded, Our players sent off when opposition players do worse but are seen to be genuine efforts to play the game, But then again that's part of football, How about opposition fans, Sing songs about the death and a party when we're done for, But then that's part of football, Managers picking the team, Wrong decisions made about tactics, But we're all critical when things don't go to how we like it, But that's part of football

Journalists, Percy, Maquire and Nixon, Maguire kicked it all off, The EFL wouldn't listen, Maguire still moaned until we were looked into, Percy and Nixon they believe they have a job to do, Not a very good one in my humble opinion but a job never the less, It could be the hated EFL, who eventually listened to Maguire, Parry, Birch et al looked into our affairs, It could be Gibson who with the help of the EFL held a gun to our head, It could be Couhig who jumped on the bandwagon, Yes certainly they helped push us along.

Who told what and when to supporters, Who had this message board monitered, Who offered a breakfast club and who fell for the sausages,  Who over spent, Who sold the ground, Who never paid HMRC, Who signed off cheques for 2nd rate players for transfers, Who paid stupid wages for said players, Who tried to sell DCFC to not 1 not 2 but 3 charletons.

Is it too Simplistic?

Crikey! If you can elaborate on this lot Alf, you'll have more pages than War and Peace!