Do the prospective new owners want us to go down?

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

There is no benefit at all in us being relegated to any prospective new owners, in fact it’s significantly impactful as the turnover is down £7m and more than likely closer to £10-12m per annum when you take out sponsorship deals, TV money, drop off in attendance. They still have to cover the debts and creditors.

Not to mention we have four(?) players contracted to next season, with more than likely no coaching staff in place. 

I’d love to hear the honest answer from the administrators to whether they expect anything to transpire from this ‘interest’ or whether we will have to liquidate at the end of the season. 

If we are going to liquidate at all, I’d rather it be now than at the end of the season. No point in waiting  is there?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry mate, the founder league status, trophies and memories go with the title Derby County for me.  AFC makes the difference.  Others have a different opinion.  No doubt my nephew etc will go along still as he's 14 but footballs dead to me when or if this team disappears.

I get you but you know what, I have never seen DCFC win a trophy. Nothing in fact. So it’s a chance to start again. It’s nice having history etc but I’ve seen none of it. 

I think the administrators are still in negotiations.

Potential new owners have accepted relegation and a -15 point deduction for next season in order to reduce the debt.

Creditors have two choices in the summer, liquidate the club and get almost zero return.

Hmrc will not want to take a lower amount, but will know they can get something and will accept that even if they don't want to.

So there will be a derby next season.

I don't think the club will be promoted next season, it needs a huge rebuild.

Next season will be about rebuilding.

Not sure if derby will play at pride Park again, more likely to ground share with another club.

I think that the efl will allow derby to sign players next season but might select to only permit a given level of allowed transfer budge, making derby uncompetitive.

The binnie brothers supposedly offered circa 30 million for Derby, I think thats maximum sort of money that Derby can hope to achieve if relegated?!

At least the msd debt will not be on derby, as I don't think derby will take on pride Park, so that debt remains with MM.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

The club is the fans. Who cares about a new corporate entity and a slight name change.

Surely it’s absolutely not the FANS it’s all about who puts the money in (the owner) and by the look of it,in the future,where the money comes from too. The fans have been treated as an irrelevance by Morris.

Edited by Turnstile

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Potential new owners have accepted relegation and a -15 point deduction for next season in order to reduce the debt.

Creditors have two choices in the summer, liquidate the club and get almost zero return.

Hmrc will not want to take a lower amount, but will know they can get something and will accept that even if they don't want to.

Not sure if derby will play at pride Park again, more likely to ground share with another club.

I think that the efl will allow derby to sign players next season but might select to only permit a given level of allowed transfer budge, making derby uncompetitive.

The binnie brothers supposedly offered circa 30 million for Derby, I think thats maximum sort of money that Derby can hope to achieve if relegated?!

At least the msd debt will not be on derby, as I don't think derby will take on pride Park, so that debt remains with MM.

Very good post and pretty much agree with all you say.

I did post a few days ago mentioning what i think is the main reason the take over as not happened yet is the fact the the potential buyers do not want to overpay for a club that in turns gets relegated at the end of the day these buyers are business men

If relegation is confirmed in the coming weeks i think we will see positive movement in the buyout which should stop us taking more points penalty for next season and given us chance to build the team from the bottom once again 

11 hours ago, REDCAR said:

AfC/DC…. Highway to Hell or Back to Black… ???

Why not just AC Derby County? Like that team in Milan that has a former Ram in their defence at the moment.

All the songs we could sing as we rise through the leagues again.

It's a Long Way to the Top

Shoot to Thrill

Sink the Pink...

4 hours ago, Oldben said:

I agree with pretty much everything you have said except the Pride Park point. I don’t know why, certainly not based on any knowledge of the costs of leasing the stadium and playing there or Mel’s intentions regarding the ground but, I have this feeling (and hope - I don’t subscribe to this desire to refuse to play there just to punish Mel) that we will still be at PP next season and for the foreseeable future. 

Pride park - not just on the basis of not wanting to pay off extra cost based on top of the debt aside from the club but also on the basis that the ground is a liability in league one.

Liability for me because i dont think a ground of pride parks size would be packed out in league one, so that in itself is extra cost.

Liability for me because the its cheaper to ground share than it is to try and repurchase pride park from mm.

It's a shame but there it is!

A league one club is not even with Derby's history and fan size, worth paying 50 million for, without the ground its going to mean less debt for new owners to repay.

The administrators are tasked with saving the club, not the ground as that belongs to MM.

For MM it's a massive liability as hes left with he the debt repayment to MSD and wondering what can he do with club as i cant see him pulling down the ground to make room for flats or a new shopping mall because that will see a return on the 30 million he now owes MSD.

If he rented the ground out an entertainment venue, i also doubt he would see a return.

He cant rent the ground to another club as who would pay the likely amount of rent that would require.

Derby could potentially rent ground space at Burton, Notts County or Chesterfield and still survice in some format as a club.

I believe that's why the Binnie offer for the club without the ground, was a sensible move.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

My understanding is that the £20m MSD debt is on the books of the Club, it's just secured against the Stadium which is owned by MM.

Now, if I am correct, that means the Club is liable for the debt  but should the Club default (liquidation for example) then MM takes responsibility.

MM is in effect The Guarantor.

15 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

My understanding is that the £20m MSD debt is on the books of the Club, it's just secured against the Stadium which is owned by MM.

Now, if I am correct, that means the Club is liable for the debt  but should the Club default (liquidation for example) then MM takes responsibility.

MM is in effect The Guarantor.

Agree with this.

And this in itself is the reason MM will ensure we're not liquidated when it comes to the crunch.

Ashley has him by the balls in terms of negotiating down the supposed £20m+ asking price, as company liquidation leaves MM with an empty stadium and a £20m+ debt to pay.

48 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Pride park - not just on the basis of not wanting to pay off extra cost based on top of the debt aside from the club but also on the basis that the ground is a liability in league one.

Liability for me because i dont think a ground of pride parks size would be packed out in league one, so that in itself is extra cost.

Liability for me because the its cheaper to ground share than it is to try and repurchase pride park from mm.

It's a shame but there it is!

A league one club is not even with Derby's history and fan size, worth paying 50 million for, without the ground its going to mean less debt for new owners to repay.

The administrators are tasked with saving the club, not the ground as that belongs to MM.

For MM it's a massive liability as hes left with he the debt repayment to MSD and wondering what can he do with club as i cant see him pulling down the ground to make room for flats or a new shopping mall because that will see a return on the 30 million he now owes MSD.

If he rented the ground out an entertainment venue, i also doubt he would see a return.

He cant rent the ground to another club as who would pay the likely amount of rent that would require.

Derby could potentially rent ground space at Burton, Notts County or Chesterfield and still survice in some format as a club.

I believe that's why the Binnie offer for the club without the ground, was a sensible move.

Unsure about this, even in league 1, Derby would get gates of around 20,000 and sometimes more. The cash generated elsewhere and logistical and other issues wouldnt be advantageous.