Do the prospective new owners want us to go down?

Boycie

12 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I get you but you know what, I have never seen DCFC win a trophy. Nothing in fact. So it’s a chance to start again. It’s nice having history etc but I’ve seen none of it. 

I've seen DCFC win 2 League Championships.

Reach European Semis by thrashing Benfica.

Win Texaco and Watney Cups.

Wait until us old uns have died off before killing our history stone dead...

I thought the same about wanting us down, but I'm even more nervous about intent. I don't know why but why let millions of pounds worth of players leave for nothing in the summer in order to save a few quid on a L1 purchase? Ebosele, Buchanan, Lawrence must surely make up the shortfall for relegation, if sold whilst under contract. Something doesn't sit right, but yeah I get the feeling that League 1, -15, and a blank slate in regards to playing and managerial team is a possible aim. 

But.

The depressing thing is, if it ends in pheonix in L2 (even cheaper option, so dont discount it) then those us who transfer to this new club: We've won no titles, Stimac, MacFarland, Stamps, Pereplotkins,  Bloomer, none of these played for us. The new owners would buy the ground as selling that white elephant for the owner, would be prudent at that point, but: There is a statue of two people outside the football ground who have absolutely nothing to do with us, just two randoms, might as well be Burt and Ernie. Gordon Guthrie stand? Nothing to do with this club, and why that old clock in the west stand salvaged from a club that existed back in olden times? 

If the League choose to let us pheonix in the next available space created from a liquidated club (not including the defunct DCFC) then it may even be Conf North with Alfreton.

I'm sorry to be so negative, and this is 24 hours after the match!

The only crumb of consolation is it would be the most F@rest thing ever, for their fans in 2050, to be chanting about a club that hasn't existed in nearly 30 years.

19 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I thought the same about wanting us down, but I'm even more nervous about intent. I don't know why but why let millions of pounds worth of players leave for nothing in the summer in order to save a few quid on a L1 purchase? Ebosele, Buchanan, Lawrence must surely make up the shortfall for relegation, if sold whilst under contract. Something doesn't sit right, but yeah I get the feeling that League 1, -15, and a blank slate in regards to playing and managerial team is a possible aim. 

But.

The depressing thing is, if it ends in pheonix in L2 (even cheaper option, so dont discount it) then those us who transfer to this new club: We've won no titles, Stimac, MacFarland, Stamps, Pereplotkins,  Bloomer, none of these played for us. The new owners would buy the ground as selling that white elephant for the owner, would be prudent at that point, but: There is a statue of two people outside the football ground who have absolutely nothing to do with us, just two randoms, might as well be Burt and Ernie. Gordon Guthrie stand? Nothing to do with this club, and why that old clock in the west stand salvaged from a club that existed back in olden times? 

If the League choose to let us pheonix in the next available space created from a liquidated club (not including the defunct DCFC) then it may even be Conf North with Alfreton.

The only crumb of consolation is it would be the most F@rest thing ever, for their fans in 2050, to be chanting about a club that hasn't existed in nearly 30 years.

I really hope it doesn't come to this. Surley we could raise the funds needed to help finance the club next season?

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

But.

Would still be Derby County. AFC Wimbledon is Wimbledon. Rangers is still Rangers. Rolls Royce went bust, still Rolls Royce.