The no.27

twelveincher

When I was younger I had a preconception that our best or most exciting players would don the no.27 shirt. All of the shirts I had growing up had 27 on the back.  Casting my mind back I’m not sure if there’s a great deal in it, but is it something anyone else noticed? Especially in the late 90’s early 00’s?

27 is a pretty random number for the back of a shirt for one of a teams better players so there must be something in it.

McGrath, Baiano, Idiakez, Reich, Bueno, and obviously… Gary Teale.

Chance, or not?

1 minute ago, twelveincher said:

When I was younger I had a preconception that our best or most exciting players would don the no.27 shirt. All of the shirts I had growing up had 27 on the back.  Casting my mind back I’m not sure if there’s a great deal in it, but is it something anyone else noticed? Especially in the late 90’s early 00’s?

27 is a pretty random number for the back of a shirt for one of a teams better players so there must be something in it.

Chance, or not?

Chico say no more 

12 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

Chance, or not?

Con Blatsis

Patrick Foletti

Danny Mills

Enough said 

21 minutes ago, twelveincher said:

Chance, or not?

The man. The myth. The legend... Francois Grenet.

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I Agree with you totally. 1 to 11 with 12 as the single sub (Frank Wignall of course)

I remember the days, just, but don't agree with me! Numbers are largely irrelevant over the years I've been watching.

I remember, this one time, I was walking along and thought “l wonder what time it is” and when I looked at my watch, it was exactly 27 minutes past. Pretty much every time I look at my watch now it seems to be 27 minutes past