The Ukraine War

Day

For all the condemnation there's also a lot of companies and politicians making noise but when you look at what some of them are actually doing it's a lot of "suspended for now" and you've got 3 months to move your money. We'll take a yacht off you. For now. We want to help Ukranian people.... but only until its really inconvenient. 

I understand why. Just an observation. 

On 04/03/2022 at 14:40, Stive Pesley said:

Yes - seen some commentators pondering whether this is actually the first of the climate change wars, as Russia may be motivated to annex Ukraine in order to control wheat supplies when US crops start to fail due to global warming

Looks like this angle is gaining more traction

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60623941

18 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Tell you what else - I'm more convinced as each day passes that Nigel Farage is a Russian asset

And that's not a dig at anyone who voted Brexit by the way

Nigel Farage 2014 if you keep poking the Russian bear with a stick it will respond.

Stop playing war games with Putin

He has warned the EU about Russia on a few occasions so not sure how you have worked out he is a Russian asset.

Edited by cstand

20 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Phew, for a moment and even though this has been building for years, I thought we had no plan.

image.thumb.png.3d69d614a3107c67d2e653b71b0cb57b.png

Ah, thank god we finally have some slogans in place along with a nice picture of Boris.

We've also granted 50 of the 1.5+ million displaced Ukrainians refugee status, so there's that too ?

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ah, thank god we finally have some slogans in place along with a nice picture of Boris.

We've also granted 50 of the 1.5+ million displaced Ukrainians refugee status, so there's that too ?

5,535 have applied for visas. Most refugees seek asylum to a country close to the country where they have been displaced from.

Edited by cstand

2 hours ago, cstand said:

5,535 have applied for visas. Most refugees seek asylum to a country close to the country where they have been displaced from.

Moldova is on track to take about a third of its current population in refugees and they are already a severely impoverished country with a struggling economy.

Poland is on track for a million and their citizens are literally welcoming the refugees with open arms.

We have the same responsibilities as the Moldovans and Poles, we should be meeting them at the border too (as should every European nation not names Russia or Belarus) not expecting them to cope with everything because they're the nearest country.

Boris suggested we are doing that, but gave no details, no commitments and no numbers. 

50 is utterly pathetic no matter how you dice it and those 5k should be fast tracked and another 100k visa (minimum) put up.

4 hours ago, cstand said:

Nigel Farage 2014 if you keep poking the Russian bear with a stick it will respond.

Stop playing war games with Putin

He has warned the EU about Russia on a few occasions so not sure how you have worked out he is a Russian asset.

Mate - just listen to him in that clip

He is essentially passing on Putin's warning to the EU. This is what I mean - in retrospect it's so blatant.

If he's not an asset, he's been Putin's useful idiot all along

20 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Not buying that sorry find that quite amazing but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. 

He absolutely is entitled to express his opinion. Meanwhile, in Moscow and other Russian cities that is not quite the case.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Looks like a rather weak propaganda stunt worthy of the western media.

It seems they have rounded up a handful of locals in an pro-Russian area saying nice things about the Russians (they're hardly likely to say bad things and if they did, they wouldn't be recorded).

A bit of a pointless clip in my opinion. Now if it had been a mass demonstration in favour of the Russians somewhere like Odessa or even Mariupol that would be a different matter. 

https://fair.org/home/what-you-should-really-know-about-ukraine/

I stumbled across this interesting article by Bryce Green. It offers some insight into the conflict in Ukraine that you won't find in the mainstream media. I primarily wanted to share it because he reminds us about the time US officials were literally caught selecting the new power players in the Ukrainian government after they had waged a successful campaign of destabilisation against Yanukovych. The following recorded phone call is a discussion between US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and US ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt.

At this point we might as well just assume that any world conflict is the result of American deep state spooks meddling in the politics of other nations.

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

At this point we might as well just assume that any world conflict is the result of American deep state spooks meddling in the politics of other nations.

I doubt that's a surprise to anyone who hasn't been ignoring global politics for the past 70 years

I imagine the people of Ukraine are ever so pleased that we've identified the root cause and they can expect to stop getting shelled immediately 

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Looks like a rather weak propaganda stunt worthy of the western media.

It seems they have rounded up a handful of locals in an pro-Russian area saying nice things about the Russians (they're hardly likely to say bad things and if they did, they wouldn't be recorded).

A bit of a pointless clip in my opinion. Now if it had been a mass demonstration in favour of the Russians somewhere like Odessa or even Mariupol that would be a different matter. 

Mass gatherings in favour of Russia in Ukrainian controlled territory would not go down well with Azov or Aidar.

This fellow does in person reports in the eastern zone, i find them informative, but opinion varies of course.

11 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I doubt that's a surprise to anyone who hasn't been ignoring global politics for the past 70 years

I imagine the people of Ukraine are ever so pleased that we've identified the root cause and they can expect to stop getting shelled immediately 

I agree about it not being a surprise, but is it not at least interesting that US meddling in Ukraine has been memory holed by the mainstream media. You can't deny that the majority of the population are gobbling down the current narrative.

I didn't post this to help the people in Ukraine. I don't particularly care about the people in Ukraine, at least no more so than I care about Yemenis/Palestinians/Israelis or anyone else who gets shelled fairly regularly.