Mr and Mrs Ince in at Reading.

hintonsboots

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Knowing what they’re like for dodgy deals, I wonder if this was part of the deal they struck for Tom. 

Paul Ince hasn’t managed a club since 2014, a totally bizarre appointment. Why didn’t they go for Alan Curbishley ?

Edited by hintonsboots

I was a tiny bit deflated when I saw they'd won, thinking they might have turned a corner. This throws it all up in the air. Could be they only need a new manager bounce and a 3 game winning streak and it's all over bar the shouting...but this could go horribly wrong for them too. Players' dad in charge? Been out the game a while? Big ego? Hmm...hope for our sake it's the latter.

I know Paul has been trying to get back in the game for a while, but in my opinion this is a real dick move by him with regards to his son's career. You can't win as a player if your dad is the manager, unless they're larger than life characters like Clough or Fergie.

4 hours ago, Anon said:

I know Paul has been trying to get back in the game for a while, but in my opinion this is a real dick move by him with regards to his son's career. You can't win as a player if your dad is the manager, unless they're larger than life characters like Clough or Fergie.

Wasn't Paul Ince the manager of Blackpool whilst Tom Ince was playing there 

Edited by Tyler Durden

20 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

They’re a joke. But not funny, it’s extremely dodgy 

Well thank goodness we have those beacons of probity and integrity at the EFL standing ready to root out all wrong doing and skulduggery (fantastic word BTW). 

Just as soon as the Accounting Division Special Forces have completed their victory parade over the Amortisation Wars...... ?

7 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Not saying that Ince will be a great appointment but his managerial win% isn’t that shabby at 41% and he averages 1.46 pts per game. If he gets anything close to that we’re going to need an minimum 8/9 wins from the last 14

But that’s like saying Alan Kurbishley could take over there and definitely recreate his form with Cardiff. 

And Ince’s half decent spells have only been at League 1 or below. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

But that’s like saying Alan Kurbishley could take over there and definitely recreate his form with Cardiff. 

And Ince’s half decent spells have only been at League 1 or below. 

Totally agree, I was just sharing that from a cold statistical view point. I don’t think it’s a bad thing if we work to trying to achieve 7-9 wins with a couple of draws - very difficult I know. 

• 2 weeks later...