Renewals 22/23.

Rev

I wonder if the administrators have considered opening up renewals slightly earlier than usual, to help with cashflow?

I know it's early, and given the state of the club possibly a risky move, but we did have around 8000 ST holders who left their money in the club during the behind closed door lockdown period.

I would renew tomorrow if I thought that money would see us through until the end of this season without having a January firesale, after all I've paid nothing for this season. 

I appreciate not everyone is in the same boat, but it seems to me like lowing hanging fruit that the admins should consider plucking, if it gives us a fighting chance of finishing this season still in the Championship.

If fans paid with a credit card, would it even be that risky with Section 75 protection?

Maybe it's a question @RamsfanJim@angieramor @ramswriter podcast could put forward to the admins via your respective groups?

Wouldn’t a new owner want to decide the costs of renewals ?

My nagging issue with season tickets is - Covid and it’s government impact - I have had to miss two games this season due to having covid and having to isolate - I know I don’t get my money back but it’s not my fault is it and it would be nice if the club gave you some kind of credit towards merchandise or similar.

yes I would pay up if asked as I will be going whatever league we will be in 

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I wonder if the administrators have considered opening up renewals slightly earlier than usual, to help with cashflow?

I know it's early, and given the state of the club possibly a risky move, but we did have around 8000 ST holders who left their money in the club during the behind closed door lockdown period.

I would renew tomorrow if I thought that money would see us through until the end of this season without having a January firesale, after all I've paid nothing for this season. 

I appreciate not everyone is in the same boat, but it seems to me like lowing hanging fruit that the admins should consider plucking, if it gives us a fighting chance of finishing this season still in the Championship.

If fans paid with a credit card, would it even be that risky with Section 75 protection?

Maybe it's a question @RamsfanJim@angieramor @ramswriter podcast could put forward to the admins via your respective groups?

Although I have used section 75 to get money back in the past and have worked in financial services for many years, section 75 isn’t my speciality. I wonder if you have the same protection when making a purchase from a business already in administration? I guess so but I wouldn’t be surprised if the rules were slightly different. 

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

I would like them to start utilising per game advertising more.  Cash in the bank to put someone's company/ business on shirts game by game whilst were constantly in the media and in the papers.  That drops of if our form waivers, so cash in now .  Could be 100k a game.  How much would they pay to stick there moniker on Rooney's jacket for a month.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Wouldn’t a new owner want to decide the costs of renewals ?

My nagging issue with season tickets is - Covid and it’s government impact - I have had to miss two games this season due to having covid and having to isolate - I know I don’t get my money back but it’s not my fault is it and it would be nice if the club gave you some kind of credit towards merchandise or similar.

yes I would pay up if asked as I will be going whatever league we will be in 

I get your point but you wouldn’t get a credit if you were unable to attend due to any other type of illness or if you had any other kind of infectious disease even if you weren’t personally feeling unwell. Generally speaking, I would say it’s often not your fault you got ill.

It's not something I would consider while the administrators are running the club.

It's all well and good giving money to the club to help them through, but there is no way they would turn down decent offers for players if it meant more money to the taxman and other creditors. 

If it came to the crunch where they needed the money to survive, I'd pay straight away. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I get your point but you wouldn’t get a credit if you were unable to attend due to any other type of illness or if you had any other kind of infectious disease even if you weren’t personally feeling unwell. Generally speaking, I would say it’s often not your fault you got ill.

Best to buy a ticket on the day then during covid times?

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Although I have used section 75 to get money back in the past and have worked in financial services for many years, section 75 isn’t my speciality. I wonder if you have the same protection when making a purchase from a business already in administration? I guess so but I wouldn’t be surprised if the rules were slightly different. 

I did wonder the same, but couldn't find any information to say so.

Just now, Rev said:

I did wonder the same, but couldn't find any information to say so.

Obviously there’s not of love lost on credit card companies but, in a way, it does seem a bit harsh for them to effectively guarantee refunds for purchases made from companies already in administration and therefore at increased risk of folding.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It's not something I would consider while the administrators are running the club.

It's all well and good giving money to the club to help them through, but there is no way they would turn down decent offers for players if it meant more money to the taxman and other creditors. 

If it came to the crunch where they needed the money to survive, I'd pay straight away. 

Tbh, I neglected to think of the creditors when posting.

As you say, any extra cash raised would probably not benefit the club on the pitch.

Stupid idea, really!

They could offer the season tickets with an interest free payment plan over 10 months, which would reduce the risk element and make it easier for supporters to fund.  If we could get 10,000 supporters to buy season tickets this way, it would bring in around £400k per month extra revenue.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Legally they can't. They cannot sell a product or service they cannot guarantee being able to provide. They are personally responsible for any money received if it needed to be refunded (if Derby cannot fulfil their fixtures).

Good idea though - which is why we already asked..

Cheers, Jim.