Player Ratings #25: vs Reading (a)

Rampant

Allsop - 7.5     Solid and dependable.

Byrne - 6        Got in some good positions but crossing was terrible all game apart from that one at the end

Forsyth - 6     Got in some good positions but crossing was terrible

Jagielka - 7    Did well against considering up against Andy Carroll

Davies - 8      Legend.

Thompson - 6  Not up to his usual high standards. Not suited to CDM in my opinion.

Bird - 6.5       Decent 

Knight - 6.5    Did ok being played out of position again

Jozwiak - 7    Made a lot of good runs but was rarely passed to. Tried to make things happen

Lawrence - 6.5   Ok.

Plange - 6     Worked hard. Difficult for him up front on his own though

Kazim - 6.5    Gave us more of a presence up front. Severely lacks movement though.

Ebosele - 6    Looks so promising but had absolutely zero end product. 

Ravel - 7.5     Quality on the ball and can see a pass. Made a difference when he came on.

Allsop- 6, Should've saved their second goal, but other than that he was fine. Made a great save which balances out the error. 

Byrne- 8, Echoed how he played last year. Got forward into great positions and consistently whipped in great crosses and corners, and got a deserved assist. 

Forysth- 5, Eh. Didn't do much overall. Forgot he was on the pitch in all honesty. Why he kicked their fullback when there was no chance he was getting anywhere near the ball I have no idea. 

Jagielka- 7, Yet again, solid at the back. Couple of nervy moments but overall he didn't do much wrong against a pretty poor Reading side. 

Davies- 8, What a header you absolute legend. 

Thompson- 9, Thought he was class once again. He just looks so composed and comfortable on the ball. Sometimes I think he can be a bit more positive but honestly he was brilliant today. 

Bird- 9, His best game in a while. Shouldn't have been so hesitant in playing Jozwiak through but he was such a presence in midfield today. He broke up Reading's play, got stuck in and kept the attacks ticking. 

Knight- 5, Rightfully subbed off in my opinion. Worked hard again but sometimes I think he just lacks the technical ability to play as far forward as he was today. 

Jozwiak- 6, At the start he was good, but got a bit quieter as the game went on. Still far and away our best attacker today. Felt for him when Bird didn't pass to him quick enough. 

Lawrence- 6, He was ok. Didn't see too much of him in the game but it would be harsh to say he wasn't good. 

Plange- 5, Should've scored. I think he's better than Stretts, he gets much more involved in the build-up and doesn't go missing but he didn't convert his golden chance today unlike against Stoke. 

Ebosele- 5, Made a couple of his trademark driving runs but his ball control and final touch/pass were absolutely awful. He seems to give and then take away sometimes. 

Kazim- 7, Really good. Whenever he's on the pitch you always fancy this man to score a goal and he did just that. 

Morrison- 6, Did what he was sent out to do, couple of unnecessary long shots, however.  

Edited by JarodyDCFC

3 hours ago, Rampant said:

Average effort is 6.0

Half marks accepted

Add subs as you see appropriate

Deadline is 8pm Tuesday

Allsop 7.5

Byrne 7

Forsyth 8

Jagielka 7.5

Davies 8.5

Thompson 7

Bird 7

Knight 6.5

Jozwiak 6

Lawrence 6

Plange 6

CKR 7.5

Ebosele 6

38 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

This entire thread is redundant because of the number of people rating Byrne less than an a 9 today, I'm actually baffled. He was immense. 

Thought he was quite poor tbh, at fault for the first and kept making the wrong decisions when crossing. 1/12 crosses completed but it doesn't matter as that was the one we scored from.