The Administration Thread

Boycie

36 minutes ago, Indy said:

But this isn’t about intermediate accounts, it’s about if the amortisation ruling went against us. In January 2019, any accounts would’ve used our amortisation process based on live player values - I don’t even know if we submitted these at that time as the method was in dispute. It was only after this point that they decided the notes were insufficient, and then only after accounts were restated that any FFP breach was charged. 

So in January 2019, we hadn’t been found to have done anything wrong. 

Happy to be corrected if my recollection of this is wrong. It was a while ago!!!

Correct. We weren't even charged of any wrongdoing until January 2020

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think there is any conflict of interest with him being on the Board of the EFL? Do you think any collusion has gone on? Is there any connection at all with the Gibbon's initial claim against the EFL and the fact now they are going after Derby instead? Do you want a situation where games are played out in the courts with clubs suing other clubs over and over again rather than on the pitch, is that good for the game? What would you think if we sued QPR and Villa? Is the Gibbon bitter mainly due to your poor record on the pitch? Be interested in your comments.....

Gibson isn't on the board of the EFL. No, I don't think any collusion has gone on. Of course there is a connection, Gibson threatened to sue the EFL if they didn't enforce their own rules properly, they then enforced their own rules properly. No, I don't want a situation where league tables are player out in court, I also don't want a situation where one clubs cheating potentially costs another club money/a shot at promotion. I'd think go for it.

7 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

The pdf was purely for RamsTrust as the questions came almost entirely from RamsTrust members, and we didn't know how the official minutes would take. Andrew Hosking said there was nothing confidential we couldn't share, but that is not the same as what they are happy to be put in writing as their official response. Naturally they do not want to potentially upset anyone during negotiations, so are more careful what is put in writing.

I'm not being facetious Jim but jeez how on earth can they upset anyone during negotiations, When it would "appear" negotiations have gone into infinity and beyond as Buzz Lightyear said

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-Derby-county

the one that says five times in one para that dcfc and their directors cheated. And the cheating causes Wycombe to be relegated. 

which has nothing to do with Boro as far as i know and isn’t true anyway.

and cheating even if true amounts to bad faith which they can’t claim for either. 

etc etc.

Sorry but nothing in this statement says the claim is against the directors as individuals, it just accuses the directors of facilitating cheating as directors of DCFC (i.e. within that role). It’s very hard to claim against an individual for something they did as a director, unless its criminal behaviour.

Edited by Chris_D

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-Derby-county

the one that says five times in one para that dcfc and their directors cheated. And the cheating causes Wycombe to be relegated. 

which has nothing to do with Boro as far as i know and isn’t true anyway.

and cheating even if true amounts to bad faith which they can’t claim for either. 

etc etc.

I'm not sure how this is relevant to what you asked? It was DCFC and their directors who did this. That doesn't mean Gibson could pursue an owner/director who has now stepped away from a limited company.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Incorrect. Our submissions for the period up to 2019 would have shown us complying with P&S. It was only when the administrators and the EFL agreed in November 2021 on which amortisation policy was to be used that confirmed P&S figures for the 2019 period onwards were known.

Under the original Derby amortisation policy, Derby wouldn't have been in breach of P&S until the 2021 period (thanks to the 2020 period being excluded from punishment due to Covid).

Your submissions up to that period could have been recalculated by an independent set of accountants using the standard amortisation policy used by other clubs in the league at that point though, which would have provided basis for a claim if the other party felt that these were not in line with the rules.

2 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Your submissions up to that period could have been recalculated by an independent set of accountants using the standard amortisation policy used by other clubs in the league at that point though, which would have provided basis for a claim if the other party felt that these were not in line with the rules.

We've been punished by the EFL.

Why do you think Boro should be able to make a claim against us?

2 minutes ago, Chris_D said:

Sorry but nothing in this statement says the claim is against the directors as individuals, it just accuses the directors of facilitating cheating as directors of DCFC (i.e. within that role). It’s very hard to claim against an individual for something they did as a director, unless its criminal behaviour.

It is making allegations against directors. It doesn't say "facilitate cheating", there are no qualifying words used at all. It doesn't say which directors so presumably all of them are implicated in Gibson's fantasy world.

It is pure scandalising nonsense.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

It is making allegations against directors. It doesn't say "facilitate cheating", there are no qualifying words used at all. It doesn't say which directors so presumably all of them are implicated in Gibson's fantasy world.

It is pure scandalising nonsense.

It also doesn’t say they have claimed against the directors - show me that wording 

4 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

There is no "standard amortisation poilcy " used by everyone.

23 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

The pdf was purely for RamsTrust as the questions came almost entirely from RamsTrust members, and we didn't know how the official minutes would take. Andrew Hosking said there was nothing confidential we couldn't share, but that is not the same as what they are happy to be put in writing as their official response. Naturally they do not want to potentially upset anyone during negotiations, so are more careful what is put in writing.

As has been posted many times on here we are all Derby fans wanting the club to escape this. It does no good whatsoever having a go at other fan groups - we need to be united to survive. And also as has been posted many times and also clearly states on their website it is very cheap and easy to join RamsTrust - its not on old boys club with a waiting list, huge joining fee and funny handshake. If everyone moaning wants to be more involved just join it or shut up having a go at people really just working as hard as they can to save our club. All the different ways make a difference. 

Edited by CBRammette
Didnt mean to reply to Jim just one of other posters moaning

1 minute ago, Ramrob said:

And right there is where Gibson's argument fails.

Genuinely appreciate you coming on though Will.

The only realistic claim we'd have any chance of winning is on the lost ticket and TV revenue from the playoff semi finals, however much that is. I'd guess that is much closer to the £5-6m number that I saw the Sunday Times claiming.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've been punished by the EFL.

Why do you think Boro should be able to make a claim against us?

And more importantly, do we get to randomly recalculate other clubs accounts to look for breaches?  If half of what Mel Morris claimed was true in his statement, there's millions to be made in there.

3 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I think we'll probably finish top 6, then it's pot luck from that point.

Remarkably that's what most sane people believe about the chances of a team getting through the playoffs - yet your owner pushes the idea that Boro would definately have been promoted if we hadn't signed Martyn Waghorn and that we therefore owe him many millions in compensation....perhaps you can see why the majority consider his claims to be speculative at best.....