The Administration Thread

Boycie

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You didn't read the article, the headline is clickbait. ? Shame you don't do Twitter you'd be able to ask the source:

Oh and because you don't look for info on Twitter here's more ?

Which I guess is why you didn't even know the value of the bid ?

Anyway, I'll leave you to post stuff we've all already read on our Twitter feeds.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

57 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

' You greedy kit '  Paul Kitsons transfer to Newcastle on the brink as he makes demand to be the highest paid player at £250,000 per year'.  Sod all now and that was maybe 26 years ago.

Headline when he left us us. 

Every things gone mad since then.  Think Scott Parker was getting 3 million a year at Chelsea whilst Veron was on 8.  I can't remember them even playing.

and I still haven't got over Paul Kitson missing a sitter at Wembley in the Play Off final game against Leicester or am I confusing him with somebody else? The following day as I awaited a train back up to Aberdeen as I moaned about the chances we missed, some Cockney dweeb whilst I was playing my mate on some arcade game in the station pub, told me to get over it, well I never have and never will, blooming over paid, frustrating footbal players!

5 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

? loose change for a footballer today then.?

There was a story in the national press at the time, Micheal Owen when on England duty, Playing cards with other England players on the coach and losing £50k.

When asked about the story... he told then to mind their own business as it's his money.

I normally have 1 bet a year, 1st game of the season Derby County to win, £50 on the nose, Not much luck i'm afraid, Hence the name ?

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

and I still haven't got over Paul Kitson missing a sitter at Wembley in the Play Off final game against Leicester or am I confusing him with somebody else? The following day as I awaited a train back up to Aberdeen as I moaned about the chances we missed, some Cockney dweeb whilst I was playing my mate on some arcade game in the station pub, told me to get over it, well I never have and never will, blooming over paid, frustrating footbal players!

John Harkes.

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

John Harkes perhaps, though I have blanked most of that day

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am not defending Rush either. There was always something a little ‘shifty looking about him ? and I think his treatment of Clough at the end was despicable. I do wonder though if Rush and Pearce for that matter were simply pawns (and ultimately fall guys), and the Candy King was the one making most, if not all, of the important decisions. 

The decent signings under Rush were all Clough's and you are right he did look shifty and he treated Clough badly. That was the best year though when maclaren added a bit of flair to Clough's team. 

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There was a story in the national press at the time, Micheal Owen when on England duty, Playing cards with other England players on the coach and losing £50k.

When asked about the story... he told then to mind their own business as it's his money.

I normally have 1 bet a year, 1st game of the season Derby County to win, £50 on the nose, Not much luck i'm afraid, Hence the name ?

I have 1 bet a year, grand national.?

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I left school in 1971, My 1st wage packet was £6.50, After insurence I came out with the huge some of £5.93, Gave my Mum £1.50 for board and the rest was mine.

Then life dawned on me, I had to buy my own clothes ?

I believe that Liverpool paid one of the highest win bonuses in the 70s, Just as much as their weekly wage ?, Jimmy Hill broke the professional footballer wage cap when threatening to strike.

Read this...wow

In January 2018, Mesut Özil signed a new contract with Arsenal Football Club. The German midfielder would enter a three-year extension with the Gunners worth approximately £55.9 million including an annual average salary of £13.975 million, equating to £350,000 per week.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

In my view he had just got us on the turn. Yes, McClaren might have done a few tweaks that elevated us a bit quicker, but after 3 or 4 years of rebuilding a club in (another) financial hole, with very little real money to spend, he had assembled a squad playing some good football, with players fully behind him. He deserved at least another year. To also sack him immediately after the Forest game was brutal. There is another matter I think that was spoken of a time, something personal in Clough’s life, but it escapes me Nick. Perhaps someone else can add their twopenneth, although we would be going remarkably off tangent if we turn this thread into a Nigel Clough debate. Going to enjoy my beer now. Will try to catch up again on Zoom soon ?

His Mother had died after a short illness two months previously. Hence the feeling at the time (from some) that it was harsh and badly timed.

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Wasn't Toddy a record too ?

No. It was the highest paid for a defender at the time - £170k -but the overall record then stood with Martin Peters from West Ham to Spurs at £200k.

33 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

That's the worst I've ever felt after losing a game- even worse than against QPR 

44 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

and I still haven't got over Paul Kitson missing a sitter at Wembley in the Play Off final game against Leicester or am I confusing him with somebody else?

It was John Harkes who missed the sitter. My apologies. I see you have just amended that to the same.

Edited by Guest