The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, alram said:

we are not getting £4m in compensation for rooney, sorry mckram. never going to happen

I’d disagree. If a new owner came in and gave him a new contract for 3 years, then 6 months down the line Everton come back I think it would be closer to £4m than £0.

Do you really think there’s more value for the buyer to pay £5m less for the club and lose Rooney/fans/players and start with -15 points?

14 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Yes but not what different MM companies were involved,trying to unravel a spiders web.MM knew about Boro before administration yet Quantuma seemed surprised by it,did he tell them,i wonder.

We don't honestly know if other appointed administrators would have been any better.

You don’t think the first thing they looked at was a group structure chart ? it’s where you start. And on that topic, fundamental error, not advising MSD that 202 should file 

We all knew about Boro. But despite that it was written about extensively on here, q chose to ignore the animus between MM and Gibbo and treat the dispute as one that would be resolved on commercially rational lines. Naive

Not to mention the football creditors’ rule. Or the snail’s pace appointment of PBs  

We should have been sold in January 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

’d disagree. If a new owner came in and gave him a new contract for 3 years, then 6 months down the line Everton come back I think it would be closer to £4m than £0.

Sad to say that with CK’s departure, WR may be a liability and not an asset. Would love to be wrong on that one because if he goes, next season is ghastly 

1 minute ago, Phuket Ram said:

No. Nixon was the "source" of that story. But as we know, Nixon doesn't know sh!t. 

Have any other sources stated otherwise? Somebody paid the wage bill, I don't believe the club would have been able to fund it. So if not Kirchner, who? 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I received this email today, I don’t mind asking her to pay Julys wages and we can divi the rest over the forum?

D57FFF3D-94A9-43FC-B1FB-E3B0FA2ADE80.thumb.jpeg.c511cc14e2f744910515fc390c51d411.jpeg

I didn’t realise laura GV was splitting the money between us two and 6.5m others !!   Now i feel stupid having given her my washington mutual bank details 

Just now, Andicis said:

Have any other sources stated otherwise? Somebody paid the wage bill, I don't believe the club would have been able to fund it. So if not Kirchner, who? 

Well (again) Dawes said someone close to the club. Or Nixon said CK topped up the amount left in Qs account.

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No bidder wants to go first. They want to leave it to a minute to midnight so they can sweep in for the very best deal they can get. @CBX1985 made a very good point in pushing for a time limit. It's the only thing that is going to drag people to the table to discover whether they're serious or not. 

The people who have been running to the front have been the two joke candidates in Erik Alonso and Bin Zayed, and Kirchner who came across as fairly naieve in the end. I think the more serious candidates would need something to bring them to actually make a decision.

suspect efl more likely to set deadline than Q.

57 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I agree it matters to supporters and it is a value to you,that is your personal POV but i will say again it doesn't matter as a business,i didn't see anyone queueing up to buy the club when we entered administration because of our history.All we would be remembered as is a founding member of the football league. 

I don't matter.  You don't matter.  But the collective of us all put good money down.  The brand has huge value because we don't "shop" anywhere else.  We have a story.  All of us see the club as part of "us".  That is a marketeers dream.  Brands are all about stories and that is what keeps us going. 

Our issue is not value; our issue is debt.  Barcelona have huge debt, and could theoretically go the same way.  Not because they lack value, because I'm sure you'd agree they have a fair bit of that, but because they are over leveraged. 

What we need is debt relief, which is wholly unrelated to value.  Creditors will get less than they are rightfully owed, but they (except HMRC) took the risk.  

Edited by CBX1985

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Where is this about Ashley being in pole position and having multiple interested parties?

“Mike Ashley, the former Newcastle owner, is now in pole position to complete a deal and is seeking exclusivity from Quantuma with the fixtures for the 2022/23 season to be announced next week.

Steve Morgan, the former Wolves chairman, is also back in the frame after registering his interest in the last 24 hours.”

24 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Grace Slick, Woodstock 1969, alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music, believe me, yeah, it's the new dawn.

The serious players have waited for the price to drop and will now pounce, yeah...

Chip Monk, Woodstock 1969

The brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He would want thr best chance at making a return on his investment. If saving £20m now at the expense of -15 points and an extra season of £7m losses, he'll do it

Exactly right. He knows the club’s potential, he’ll accept -15 because he understands how profitable this trade could be if he waits it out (at our expense). He paid too much for Newcastle and won’t do that again