The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not keen on a three year business plan under CKs plans either. ?

Was there something particular about the plan or just the fact it was 3 years? A 3 year plan is very standard practice in the world of business.

Just now, Yani P said:

He might want that but all I was saying was it's owned by someone else so he will only get it if they want to sell it.

If you're on about the local consortium, they don't own it yet. An agreement is in place, but that was dependent on CK buying the club.

As it stands, the stadium is still legally owned by Mel.

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I don't get the love for Mike Ashley

I don't think Quantuma have covered themselves in glory, but it's a reasonable question to ask here:

If MA's bid was the best for the club, why was he not the preferred bidder ?

The obvious answer is that his bid was no good

I've said all along that he's a vulture waiting to pick the bones off our corpse

Yes - MA buying the club is better than the club being liquidated, but I still think it will be a(nother) disaster if he takes over

Agree never wanted him anywhere near our club..he would be better than liquidation and we would have a club and could count down the days until he flogged it for a profit as hopefully he wouldn't stay long.

1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

Was there something particular about the plan or just the fact it was 3 years? A 3 year plan is very standard practice in the world of business.

This is the EFL football world on leaving Admin without paying the creditors 25%.

11 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You couldn't give a flying fish about how it's run because we're talking about Newcastle. You'd soon change your tuna if PPS was left in a state of disrepair and all the top of the range training facilities we're used to having were reduced to bare bones equipment, with players choosing to sign elsewhere because the facilities aren't up to scratch...

Like happens at Luton or Blackpool or Burnley you mean?

11 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

I want the club to survive but I cannot accept how some fans are just willing to accept someone who thinks a 15 point deduction is okay.

Personally am just happy with anything that enables me to have a club to support now! Minus 15 is better than nothing. And it’s not like it’s confirmed either. Total guesswork about Ashley. 

Like Percy says, two weeks to pre season and five players. Not sure any of them will stay and manager be likely to leave too. Not sure we can be turning our noses up at any buyer currently.

3 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Clownes has an agreement to purchase the stadium if CK buys the club. No such agreement made for any other party.

Ed Dawes was really pushing the idea there that Mel doesn’t want to deal with Ashley as he could be more successful than him.

This is what I thought too. The deal is for CK to lease it off the purchaser. What if the a new stadium owner doesn’t want to do business with MA or refuses to purchase stadium altogether? 

As much as I would like it too be, having MA and Appleby waiting in the wings may not be the easy solution the radio people seem to present. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Am I right in thinking this is the same thing that happened at Preston?

They said that. But it was just sour grapes? (suggested by others)

Edited by RoyMac5

I'm not entirely wedded to the idea of CK taking over BUT I wish we could let any other bidders know that a) starting on -15 points works be very disappointing and b) the academy and it's status is hugely important. IMO of course.

13 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

I want the club to survive but I cannot accept how some fans are just willing to accept someone who thinks a 15 point deduction is okay.

Will we even incur that? 28m on the table for the club should be enough not to? We know the stadium isn’t included anymore. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t understand what is in it for Chris Kirchner to attempt to buy the club if he doesn’t have the funds. Why go through all this? If he has funds tied up and can’t budge then that’s another matter. 

Isn't the point/suggestion that his funds have failed/will fail/might fail the money-laundering test?