The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, alram said:

for me there is something puzzling about the whole caps, i would like to see some clarity from the efl or the club. 

the signings dont really suggest we are working under tough restrictions does it? 

It might be nice to know but I’m not sure there is any need for the business plan and subsequent restrictions to be in the public domain. I therefore don’t really see the need for any clarity. As long as those responsible for running the club are aware of the restrictions and are complying with them then that’s good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, alram said:

for me there is something puzzling about the whole caps, i would like to see some clarity from the efl or the club. 

the signings dont really suggest we are working under tough restrictions does it? 

The EFL have to approve every single contract. That was made clear when signings were announced "subject to EFL approval". 

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

All payments wil be made to creditors by next month according to the Daily Telegraph. If player wages are capped at £8m, we can meet that with just gate receipts.. I mean 16k season tickets sold already plus about 10k match tickets sold for Saturday. And that's in League One.. what if we are promoted and playing in the Championship.. why would there need to be a wage cap? .

Lingaards wage is more than our entire wage cap…..crazy 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

The EFL have to approve every single contract. That was made clear when signings were announced "subject to EFL approval". 

i know and i understand that, i would just like to know the details of plan and whether they actually are protecting the club

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Also makes no sense that the cap is not dependent on turnover. 

I’d have thought projected turnover would have been a big factor in negotiating the cap. You need to know what the cap is at the beginning of the season not the end so would have to be based on projected not actual 

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’d have thought projected turnover would have been a big factor in negotiating the cap. You need to know what the cap is at the beginning of the season not the end so would have to be based on projected not actual 

Would Efl have expected us to sell 16k season tickets in three weeks with no Dd option yet?

36 minutes ago, alram said:

i know and i understand that, i would just like to know the details of plan and whether they actually are protecting the club

I'd say that if they're limiting us to £8m wage budget for players over 21 when we're looking at c. 25k average gates, with no transfer fees or hidden bonuses, we're on pretty safe ground. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I'd say that if they're limiting us to £8m wage budget for players over 21 when we're looking at c. 25k average gates, with no transfer fees or hidden bonuses, we're on pretty safe ground. 

If it is the case I would assume the £8m isn’t just the wage budget however but the entire playing budget for wages and transfers

Daily Telegraph today, some figures quoted

11 new players

16,000 season tickets sold

HMRC owed £35m, payment plan agreed for end Aug not the full amount

Spending must not exceed £8m a season for next 2 years, business plan imposed by efl

£52m takeover, Clowes, 1 July

efl allow only free agents/loan players cannot pay each more than £12,000 pw including bonuses and national insurance

Around £20m paid back to MSD

£5m owed to Arsenal, Bielik, 2 payments, shortly and next year, he's likely to leave

Palace offered £30,000 for Ebiowei, disputed, tribunal

Udinese paid training comp £290,000 for Ebosele

Sounds quite authoritative. Sorry if noted elsewhere and I missed

16 hours ago, derby8 said:

Daily Telegraph today, some figures quoted

11 new players

16,000 season tickets sold

HMRC owed £35m, payment plan agreed for end Aug not the full amount

Spending must not exceed £8m a season for next 2 years, business plan imposed by efl

£52m takeover, Clowes, 1 July

efl allow only free agents/loan players cannot pay each more than £12,000 pw including bonuses and national insurance

Around £20m paid back to MSD

£5m owed to Arsenal, Bielik, 2 payments, shortly and next year, he's likely to leave

Palace offered £30,000 for Ebiowei, disputed, tribunal

Udinese paid training comp £290,000 for Ebosele

Sounds quite authoritative. Sorry if noted elsewhere and I missed

Based on the standard of player available, I'm coming to the view of why you would ever actually pay transfer fees.  There seems a tidy little niche of picking up good freebies. Nice and sustainable.  

30 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Based on the standard of player available, I'm coming to the view of why you would ever actually pay transfer fees.  There seems a tidy little niche of picking up good freebies. Nice and sustainable.  

There are more free transfers now because every club is skint.*

*outside the Prem

44 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I agree to a certain degree, but there are always young Roy Mac's or Kevin Hector's out there in the lower leagues who will command a small fee.

On 30/07/2022 at 09:08, ram59 said:

I agree to a certain degree, but there are always young Roy Mac's or Kevin Hector's out there in the lower leagues who will command a small fee.

Agreed to a certain extent, but that is a hindsight/romantic version.  Reality is you get very few of them - and lots of dross.  The issue is you don't know which one is going to be a and which b.  The same is true of free transfers and loanees, but at least these don't break the bank.

Take them almost as a trial and keep those that work and dump the rest.

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

...Take them almost as a trial and keep those that work and dump the rest.

Trouble is most of them get hoovered up by the Prem clubs - what does it cost them? And when they dump them they've made money by loaning them out or in a transfer fee.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-financial-fair-play-7418273

So where was Mr Coates when we were taking on the EFL alone and suffering? others on this forum will understand the detail far better than me, but this smacks of hypocrisy now they are not getting parachute payments. Now DCFC has been punished they want to change the rules. 

Edited by Ramzabac

7 hours ago, Ramzabac said:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-financial-fair-play-7418273

So where was Mr Coates when we were taking on the EFL alone and suffering? others on this forum will understand the detail far better than me, but this smacks of hypocrisy now they are not getting parachute payments. Now DCFC has been punished they want to change the rules. 

His comments are very similar to Mel Morris', who pointed out that a team could spend one season in the PL and be hugely rewarded for being relegated. 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

His comments are very similar to Mel Morris', who pointed out that a team could spend one season in the PL and be hugely rewarded for being relegated. 

Also, I thought they produced figures that massively failed P&S rules but have tried to pass off the excessive losses with crazy covid concessions? 

Have they got away with it or am I talking rubbish? 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

42 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Also, I thought they produced figures that massively failed P&S rules but have tried to pass off the excessive losses with crazy covid concessions? 

Have they got away with it or am I talking rubbish? 

They do appear to have got off with writing off huge losses, yes.

Unless someone points it out to the EFL in three years time, and threatens to sue them.