The Administration Thread

Boycie

41 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Basically he said he won't promise it to happen or give it a deadline. 

That's what they've been saying since 48th deadline, which IMO is correct approach and should've been used from the start.

Exactly. It's a target date, an objective. There may be consequences in missing it - players becoming frustrated and signing for others, a day's less preparation for the manager etc - but real deadlines are when all that you've worked for goes in the bin, or the loan shark nails you to a door, if you miss them. 

Chill, if you can folks. The takeover is going to be completed, if not today, then tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Clubs in League one have to abide by Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). League one, clubs can spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure.

This is 75 per cent in the year immediately following relegation from the Championship.

If Derby are restricted on transfers, with a severely depleted squad, the advantage is to the best clubs already in league one.

This reminds me of last summer, when Derby couldn't buy players or take loans, the club couldn't get the best free transfers as they were restricted on what salaries they could pay.

Because Derby couldn't trade, until after the sale has gone through, it's now a case that as well as many of derbys players leaving or already left the club, there's a huge team rebuild required.

Many of the best free agents are gone.

Our defense could be the oldest in League one, a physical league.

Out of contract players Curtis Davies (43), Craig Forsyth (33), and Richard Stearman (34) reported back to Derby for training. At present no other club in the country appears to have made these free agents an offer.

How Derby start the season, will play a big part in where they finish. 

Rooney is on record as saying he wanted at least 40 new players to join the club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17646712/rooney-demands-players-summer-transfer-derby/amp/

We have a new owner, is he restricted by the efl in what  invest? i think this restriction is for about two seasons?

Where as rooneys name might have encouraged loan signings to join Derby, our new temporary manager will not have the same ability.

Daft question, but not having been in League One for decades, and not having sold any season tickets for next year, how can we realistically know what our turnover will be for the coming year?

If we can only spend 60% of our turnover on player related expenditure, then somebody will have to agree to our forecasted turnover.

That'll be the efl then. Oh dear, another shafting on the way.

Come on Derby, the bad news tide as to turn sometime. I can't wait to be talking about new players/trialists/pre-season/ new away days and hopes for the season as it unfolds. With what we've been through as a fan base, just getting back to the football will be a freshener for our support, who i personally think will be great next season. Let's hope today is the day, we do love a good deadline at DCFC.

11 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Daft question, but not having been in League One for decades, and not having sold any season tickets for next year, how can we realistically know what our turnover will be for the coming year?

There will be a budget based on expected income I think, like a "normal" business would do. Based on that business plan we will be able to spend, I imagine in the first half of the season we will be more cautious and then if the income is ahead of expectation that would allow some extra spend in January. (I think)

Edited by WystonRam
Spelling.

13 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

If we can only spend 60% of our turnover on player related expenditure, then somebody will have to agree to our forecasted turnover.

Can we just get the deal done before start looking for yet more issues 

20 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Exactly. It's a target date, an objective. There may be consequences in missing it - players becoming frustrated and signing for others, a day's less preparation for the manager etc - but real deadlines are when all that you've worked for goes in the bin, or the loan shark nails you to a door, if you miss them. 

Chill, if you can folks. The takeover is going to be completed, if not today, then tomorrow. 

Isn't that what CK said? BTW, DC is not another CK I am sure about that. 

23 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

Special rules apply for teams who have just been relegated. I think its 75% in first year or something. Either way I don't think the wage cap is the issue.. having enough players is more of a problem. 

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think it’s a bit rich to pick me up on my “tone” considering your response to my original post, but there we go. 

If asking questions about how much a new owner is worth is “trolling” then fair enough. I’m only asking this question because Clowes has seemingly come out of nowhere and his wallet is considerably less public than Mike Ashley for example. (I would be asking the exact same question if this was Andy Appleby).

Does it really matter, he must have enough to keep us going for 2 years or he wouldnt have got exclusive bid. I for one am extremely grateful to him,MA wouldnt really care about the club, only the money side of it, and he has had months to come in with a bid that wouldnt give us minus 15 points.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Isn't that what CK said? BTW, DC is not another CK I am sure about that. 

Then why are you making an equivocation between the two?! ? 

DC's statements have been fewer and far more measured. There is no edginess or frustration showing from any of the parties involved, Companies House details are being updated in a timely way etc. I would never rule out the possibility of last minute hiccups, but this process seems infinitely calmer than the Kirchner bid, which gives me confidence it will go through.