The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Flying Fokker said:

You may be right.  See what happens in the next couple of months.  Your points sort of validate my point.  You are too big a club to even talk about fans starting another one. 

I'm confident this will not happen but:   Assuming your suggestion comes to fruition, how are the grounds going to cope with the away support?   Derby to play the likes o Ilkeston or Buxton? 

Excellent point.  I saw earlier someone say about security at that level and I couldn't work the problem out - because for home games you could buy security, of course.

It would be a total farce, thinking about it.    

1 minute ago, Flying Fokker said:

You may be right.  See what happens in the next couple of months.  Your points sort of validate my point.  You are too big a club to even talk about fans starting another one. 

I'm confident this will not happen but:   Assuming your suggestion comes to fruition, how are the grounds going to cope with the away support?   Derby to play the likes o Ilkeston or Buxton? 

We're not too big to do anything. If we're liquidated we start at the bottom as a phoenix. Simple as that. However i also do not believe it will happen.

I'm sure some clubs lower down people will just be able to turn up, but you need a ticket to get in to watch teams like ilkeston town - they'll just sell the max amount of tickets - wont be a problem. For other teams somebody will have to find a solution, but we have no right to be in a higher tier just because we might have more fans attending certain games. We have to apply like everyone else and have no guarantee of being accepted.

28 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ramos...Ramos are you there..."Derby's takeover is behind th" behind the what Ramos, God man is the Mafia actually involved ?‍♀️ 

It’s Derby we’re talking about, it’ll be the illumisharty.

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

It's the first time I've commented in a while but I can't lie, this whole situation is beyond a joke.

I can imagine how you lot feel about it but to me football is derby and derby is football. I don't care for England, I don't care for any other team and right now there's absolutely nothing positive going on. 

Every noon and night I'm checking for the hopeful "Take over complete" - because the prospect of playing forest green away is bad enough, but losing Rooney (which will happen if this carries on) will be the biggest loss yet. That man and his pulling power will be the difference in us bouncing back as players will want to play for him. Anyone interested in buying the club will know this, and if we are to get out the doo doo, I fell this has to be sorted and finalised this week or else we're screwed.

In the 30+ years I've been a Derby Fan, this is by far the worst period I've ever experienced. It's like all the people involved in ruining what Derby County is and a lack of amends being made from people who are "interested in buying us" have zero understanding of what this club means to the fans. Its disgusting tbh. From the EFL, Gibson, Mel Morris, Admin, CK, and the people diddle daddling around the idea of if we're a worthy enough assett to take on, there's no one who cares as much as us and I think we deserve better. Obviously.

I pray this gets sorted this week ?

absolutely right SK i feel exactly the same

my worry is this is going to be the roughest week yet. pre season starting, players will walk out, there appears to be no progress from the clown admins and the fixtures are bound to have some contraversy around them.

i really hope it is sorted pronto because i am so sick of everything. 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We're not too big to do anything. If we're liquidated we start at the bottom as a phoenix. Simple as that. However i also do not believe it will happen.

I'm sure some clubs lower down people will just be able to turn up, but you need a ticket to get in to watch teams like ilkeston town - they'll just sell the max amount of tickets - wont be a problem. For other teams somebody will have to find a solution, but we have no right to be in a higher tier just because we might have more fans attending certain games. We have to apply like everyone else and have no guarantee of being accepted.

The purchase idea would work, but I think it would be too farcical to start at the bottom.  A bit like when Australia used to play nations like American Samoa every international, and protested by stopping swapping shirts.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa

Lg 2 is too high, but they would give some dispensation for a proper recognised phoenix club.  Level 7 is certainly a possibility.

6 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

The purchase idea would work, but I think it would be too farcical to start at the bottom.  A bit like when Australia used to play nations like American Samoa every international, and protested by stopping swapping shirts.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_31–0_American_Samoa

Lg 2 is too high, but they would give some dispensation for a proper recognised phoenix club.  Level 7 is certainly a possibility.

Yes but for the third time we have no right to play at any level. Its all well and good saying it would be farcical, but you still need one of those higher leagues to accept your application to join. If they reject your application you aren't playing in that league. We can agree we won't be playing in the football league though - that would be impossible for a phoenix club - there would be zero chance they would be accepted at that level.

1 minute ago, alram said:

i seriously hope the relevant people have a pheonix club planning in mind, because the cut off date to join the league will be around soon and then it'll mean a year out with no football at all.

It is not simply a case of joining a league, a club has to submit an application to the FA to register as a football club, if approved the FA then decide which league you enter.  

Just now, GenBr said:

Yes but for the third time we have no right to play at any level. Its all well and good saying it would be farcical, but you still need one of those higher leagues to accept your application to join. If they reject your application you aren't playing in that league. We can agree we won't be playing in the football league though - that would be impossible for a phoenix club - there would be zero chance they would be accepted at that level.

Agreed, there is no rights - but practicality demands sometime.  The gate levels available would give you the capacity to go to owners of higher teams and buy them. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I admire someone who uses the word dichotomy more than once in their post.

But you've let yourself down unfortunately by not being able to spell lobster thermidor.

And CBX1985  using “affects” instead of “effects “ in a previous post an hour ago. Nothing escapes us orthographists and grammatologists ?

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It is not simply a case of joining a league, a club has to submit an application to the FA to register as a football club, if approved the FA then decide which league you enter.  

Yes but if the worst does happen we would need to be quick, so they should be organising it now.  thats more my point.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

But that's precisely why I think they would vote to allow us into L2 - because their only consideration is for themselves and their own finances

A club with a huge following like Derby means more income for them. It's nothing to do with the name, or how big we think we are. It's bums on seats

It's just typical Derby negativity and victim complex to assume we'd get thrown into Sunday League because "everyone hates us"

Just be objective about it for a second and you'll see

This isn’t typical Derby negativity because I’m not negative. There were reports saying Derby starting again in League 2 is not an option because clubs won’t vote for it. The fact there is already anger at how much assistance we’ve been getting and time to resolve this administration. When 64/71 clubs is an extremely high threshold anyway, throw into the mix that a number of clubs will improve their promotion or survival chances by us being out the picture, plus those clubs who are angry that they play by the rules and pay their debts, why should Derby get propped up only to immediately go and have one of the biggest budgets in the league due to the size of club we are. Throw in those viewpoints and I think you will find more than enough clubs that will vote against Derby starting again in League 2. 

The whole thing is just sad, sad, sad. No real positive anyone just which awful situation is less awful than the next. False hope shows up after every slightest positive.  I want to take my grandkids to follow the rams just as all my grandfathers did not sit there and say " when I was your age we supported the local team - Derby County. We went to Wembley a few times and won a bit you know. Google them if you dont believe me!" Dear god give us some hope soon. We dont deserve this death by a thousand cuts. Just get it done or over with soon and let us all breathe again.

6 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

Let’s face it, we are entering the new season in administration ?

That's the best we can hope for. Fixtures are out the end of this week I think and as it stands how can we expect to even be on there? From what I'm reading we need to prove we can see out the season but the Quantuma Bamfords are seemingly struggling to get funds to pay the bills for just one month. I'd happily renew my season tickets right now as long as we know we're playing next season, as would others. Surely that cash injection will go some way to staving off extinction for now.