The Administration Thread

Boycie

28 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Omg!

Thank you for your input Mel Morris 

I’m not an apologist for MM but you have to look at the facts. 
Mel wanted out after being stuffed by the EFL charges and the unfortunate effects of the horrendous Covid 19 etc    If you like he lost after upsetting them allegedly over TV rights.  They never forgave  him. 

He still made mistakes of course he did but to suggest the EFL are innocent in all of this debacle is to distort the truth.

The EFL have treated Derby IMO unfairly compared to other clubs and have been vindictive 

15 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

So why didn’t he carry on with the purchase?

if he got it for £23 million then he’d probably make a profit out of flattening it and building on it, so no risk!

it’s all lies and damn lies, MM wanted to raise us to the ground and he’s succeeded.

Why? I don’t know!

He didn't carry on because the purchase is inextricably tied into Derby exiting admin.  It's all going to be done in one single group of transactions.  And there's always the chance that one of the alternate bidders wants the stadium themselves, in which case it's just made everything even more complicated if it's already been sold.

And as for the second bit, just give over.  I know Morris has made a complete mess of things, but there's no way he's deliberately trying to destroy the club. He's spent a crazy amount of his own money over the last few years, it makes no sense.  As far as I'm concerned he probably bought us with fairly reasonable intentions, made a lot of bad decisions, got in over his head, and ran away.  That's it. No evil genius trying to destroy the club. No mastermind trying to rob the club of it's millions.  Just a load of stupid decisions in a row.

9 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

I'd be surprised if there's that much left in assets Gee Screamer. Not arguing with you. Players can't be forced to be sold. If we liquidate they're free agents, ergo any interested club won't have to pay a transfer fee. Their agents would factor in the absence of a transfer fee to bump up their remuneration package with any prospective new club. Surely?

They don’t become free agents, their registration passes to the EFL who will sell them to pay football debts. 

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He didn't carry on because the purchase is inextricably tied into Derby exiting admin.  It's all going to be done in one single group of transactions.  And there's always the chance that one of the alternate bidders wants the stadium themselves, in which case it's just made everything even more complicated if it's already been sold.

And as for the second bit, just give over.  I know Morris has made a complete mess of things, but there's no way he's deliberately trying to destroy the club. He's spent a crazy amount of his own money over the last few years, it makes no sense.  As far as I'm concerned he probably bought us with fairly reasonable intentions, made a lot of bad decisions, got in over his head, and ran away.  That's it. No evil genius trying to destroy the club. No mastermind trying to rob the club of it's millions.  Just a load of stupid decisions in a row.

Of course at the start and up until a year ago he was totally on our side but as soon as he transferred the stadium to himself his game plan changed dramatically, open your eyes for crying out loud.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They say there's no fool like an old fool, And if it works for you then fare play, I've only borrowed once...a mortgage, 1st house £11.5k sold it for £37k around 1987, Bought and sold 7 property's since...made money on them all, Divorced split the proceeds 60/40 in her favour and I kept my RR shares ?

I'm one of those that don't like institutions knowing my business...is that good or bad? who knows, My life has worked for me, Comfortable without being extravagant, My Barclays Premium Debit Card takes care of my needs and wants ?

What’s the PIN number on that one by the way?

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Exactly.

"Evil Mel" is no more than a mixture of "ran out of will, money and his past decisions catching up with him" and a pivot to "protect MM".

Dishonourable, cowardly, irresponsible, foolish... there's a million and one valid things to throw at Mel Morris who has brought the club to this unhappy point.

But I don't buy it being his intention, just the consequences of a disastrous ownership and very bad decisions. And at the crunch point, tried to protect himself by throwing DCFC to the wolves.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They say there's no fool like an old fool, And if it works for you then fare play, I've only borrowed once...a mortgage, 1st house £11.5k sold it for £37k around 1987, Bought and sold 7 property's since...made money on them all, Divorced split the proceeds 60/40 in her favour and I kept my RR shares ?

I'm one of those that don't like institutions knowing my business...is that good or bad? who knows, My life has worked for me, Comfortable without being extravagant, My Barclays Premium Debit Card takes care of my needs and wants ?

You sound like a genuinely interesting and fascinating man. I’d like to find out a little more about you; What was your mothers maiden name? Your first school? And first pets name. And, I’d really love to see a pic of a real Barclays premium debit card- any chance you could just take a pic please and DM it. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Just to add to the above, I spoke to a West Ham fan yesterday and he said when Upton Park was sold they sold every seat for £400. That’s £12 million right there for Clowes or MM to dip their snouts into. On top of that, all they did to UP and Highbury is make the pitch into gardens and turn the stands into luxury flats, so no expensive clearance costs either.

In short, it’s a very good investment for a redeveloper and where the money is in this whole saga, I’m afraid.

This would make sense if we were still in the Baseball Ground, but who's seriously going to live in a middle of a business park? The two things that made Upton Park and Highbury desirable places to live are that they were stadiums in established, fashionable neighbourhoods and they had brilliant architecture with storied histories.

No one will care about living on the site of old Pride Park.

3 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

You sound like a genuinely interesting and fascinating man. I’d like to find out a little more about you; What was your mothers maiden name? Your first school? And first pets name. And, I’d really love to see a pic of a real Barclays premium debit card- any chance you could just take a pic please and DM it. Thanks!

Both sides of the card of course 

46 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

So why didn’t he carry on with the purchase?

if he got it for £23 million then he’d probably make a profit out of flattening it and building on it, so no risk!

it’s all lies and damn lies, MM wanted to raise us to the ground and he’s succeeded.

Why? I don’t know!

Perhaps MM is a closet Nottingham Forest supporter who was working undercover?

I have just read the administrators latest letter 

They basically said we are getting paid no matter what ( the administrators) 

They also stated that there are two categories of bids they will accept - ok - yet they also said there is a third category of bid which they have not engaged with the EFL about ( basically bids that don’t meet category one and two ) why not is my question - they have been here since September and they have not discussed all the options ! That’s ridiculous and the supporters should have that knowledge because it’s something that can be negotiated over with the EFL if that situation arises and there may be a bidder for that very situation. 

The fact that they have not explored all the options makes me very uneasy in regards to working to the conclusion.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

They also stated that there are two categories of bids they will accept - ok - yet they also said there is a third category of bid which they have not engaged with the EFL about ( basically bids that don’t meet category one and two ) why not is my question - they have been here since September and they have not discussed all the options ! That’s ridiculous and the supporters should have that knowledge because it’s something that can be negotiated over with the EFL if that situation arises and there may be a bidder for that very situation. 

The fact that they have not explored all the options makes me very uneasy in regards to working to the conclusion.

No they said if Option 1 and 2 couldn’t be achieved it was unclear what the EFL would do .

I assume that would be a nuclear option 

Edited by Curtains
Added

Is anyone buying the Q statement? Serious question.

I know we are all frustrated, all the various parties have used the media to get their position out there, but what if Qs statement is true? What if no bid other than CK would result in the golden share being transferred? Why would Q really seriously be dragging this out any longer than necessary, those saying to maximise fees there are laws and regulations they have to adhere to as court appointed administrators so surely no one believes they are deliberately stringing this along? 

I genuinely don’t what or who to believe now, although I like others took from their statement is that the administrators fees are the most important issue and maybe that’s really at the heart of why the bids aren’t good enough, but we’re only speculating.

Looks like we start this season in admin (various sources talking about local businessmen funding the club short term), and hopefully something can be done this side of Christmas but worse case before March. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Because if we don’t meet option 1 or 2 then we’re done.

29 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Just to add to the above, I spoke to a West Ham fan yesterday and he said when Upton Park was sold they sold every seat for £400. That’s £12 million right there for Clowes or MM to dip their snouts into. On top of that, all they did to UP and Highbury is make the pitch into gardens and turn the stands into luxury flats, so no expensive clearance costs either.

In short, it’s a very good investment for a redeveloper and where the money is in this whole saga, I’m afraid.

Firstly, what makes you think that the City Council would easily wave through the redevelopment of PP, even for residential development (which is questionable anyway, given what it's built on)? They've always said they wouldn't, and what seasoned developer is going to take a punt on that changing? The land alone isn't worth £21m without planning consent. 

Secondly, fans were willing to pay £400 for seats from Upton Park because it was WHam's traditional home. I doubt you'd find many that would pay a tenner for a seat from the London Stadium. 

Thirdly, only the East and West stands at Highbury were retained, and the redevelopment costs were substantial, but it was financially worthwhile because it was inner-city London right next to a tube station, not remediated industrial land at Wilmorton. 

Without a tenant able to pay a rent, Pride Park makes no sense as a purchase - and what Derby fan (as David Clowes is reputed to be) would buy it in the knowledge that he might have to knock it down to get his money back? 

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Is anyone buying the Q statement? Serious question.

I know we are all frustrated, all the various parties have used the media to get their position out there, but what if Qs statement is true? What if no bid other than CK would result in the golden share being transferred? Why would Q really seriously be dragging this out any longer than necessary, those saying to maximise fees there are laws and regulations they have to adhere to as court appointed administrators so surely no one believes they are deliberately stringing this along? 

I genuinely don’t what or who to believe now, although I like others took from their statement is that the administrators fees are the most important issue and maybe that’s really at the heart of why the bids aren’t good enough, but we’re only speculating.

Looks like we start this season in admin (various sources talking about local businessmen funding the club short term), and hopefully something can be done this side of Christmas but worse case before March. 

What a terrible outcome .

Who's going to fund player and manager contracts and wages and transfers.  etc