The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think those two paragraphs are related. Q went CK because he was the only person willing to pay the 'Buy it Now' price.

Currently we have an Ebay auction on with no end date. Although the EFL could have set the fixtures date as the end date they haven't, but surely Q could choose that date. They must have realised by now that the 'Buy it Now' price is too much and no-one will pay it and they need to force bids?

Or, sod it, if Appleby has really bid £50m take it and run! ?

It would be good to just run with the Appleby but other parties might call foul because their bid, post CK, wasn't  even considered. All Q can do now is get ALL the bids in and select the best from those that have been submitted,  that way every party has had a fair opportunity to buy the club. The process needs to be completed ASAP.   

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

If they take another loan out all it is doing is adding debt on to debt therefore the bidders will have to pay more to get the club out of administration, it seems like the debt is already too high.

If for example they took 10m out to cover the running costs of the season then that 10m is only what any new owner would have to pay if they took over now so yes it would be 'debt' but would be costs they would have to cover anway....other than any interest on top

These people can release as many waffling statements as they like; the fact of the matter is that we remain unsold months after administration. 
When are all these useless organisations actually going to deliver, come up with the real answers and prove that genuine progress has been made - or otherwise. 
The speed with which these events are progressing at is beyond a joke. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

If for example they took 10m out to cover the running costs of the season then that 10m is only what any new owner would have to pay if they took over now so yes it would be 'debt' but would be costs they would have to cover anway....other than any interest on top

The interest on top  @ 8% ?

9 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Says the solicitors have refused consent in the body of the text. The solicitors who represent the various bidders do not want to speak to the EFL, more than likely under instruction from their clients, the bidders themselves. 
It’s good that Birch has taken time to respond to the supporters groups, something Quantuma have failed to do so far following the collective letter of concern that was sent. He’s clarified a couple of useful points around dates for admin and, as Roymac pointed out, there is one “unofficial” deadline as this week Q need to evidence that we can find funding to finish the season (which we kind of knew), other than that it’s just a sort of courteous reply that doesn't offer much.

The EFL want to be more involved in the process, but unless the prospective bidders consent they cannot be, and the line about solicitors not consenting makes it very clear, until someone is ready to show their hand fully the EFL, and the fans, have to wait. 
I’m sat here hoping the reason for Quantuma’s silence once again is because they’re too busy fielding calls from the interested parties and also planning/budgeting for us to be able to see out the season and that we will hear some sort of progress this week. Naively optimistic of me I know, I’m just not ready to lose all hope just yet. Keep the faith folks ? 

This is getting forgotten about.  The EFL’s response goes on about how administration works, options, what Quantuma have or haven’t done, etc and then there’s this throw away bit at the end.  No doubt when asked by the EFL, Quantuma probably pointed out that they can’t due to NDAs, etc.  They probably advised the EFL to seek express permission from the bidders legal teams.  This has been done - for all we know it could have been done 10mins before the reply to Ramstrust was sent.  Quantuma have dealt with the request correctly, despite the message the EFL are trying to send.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Quantuma has said that Morris position hasn't changed. He wants the sale of PPS to cover the MSD charge, no more no less. I agree what you  say about CK deal being a sign of desperation, but the one good thing about that was that it did flush out an offer for tthe stadium and that at least was agreed.  Ashley may want to buy the club as well as the stadium but if his  offer requires some messy business with Morris is there really time for any of that? Wouldn't the "well heeled local business men" be a cleaner option especially if one of them has already agreed the purchase of the stadium?       

But that's entirely the problem. Mel Morris won't budge from wanting the MSD loan paid off, but this clearly makes the whole deal unworkable.

Meanwhile Quantuma are constantly adding to that debt, making the deal even more unworkable! 

Quantuma wanted to sell us early and keep hold of our assets to make us an attractive purchase, but they failed to get that early deal over the line.

Meanwhile we get relegated, lose a lot of our assets (players) and yet Morris still wants someone to pay the MSD debt off in full. 

I feel our only hope now is a 'sentiment' purchase - someone or several someones who care enough about the club to buy us even though it makes no economic sense to do so.

7 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The interest on top  @ 8% ?

Like i said in my original message, any 'interested' party deserve to pay that interest rate if they continue to posture & not make an actual bid meaning we HAVE to take the loan out. Not like we have any other choice.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

But that's entirely the problem. Mel Morris won't budge from wanting the MSD loan paid off, but this clearly makes the whole deal unworkable.

Meanwhile Quantuma are constantly adding to that debt, making the deal even more unworkable! 

Quantuma wanted to sell us early and keep hold of our assets to make us an attractive purchase, but they failed to get that early deal over the line.

Meanwhile we get relegated, lose a lot of our assets (players) and yet Morris still wants someone to pay the MSD debt off in full. 

I feel our only hope now is a 'sentiment' purchase - someone or several someones who care enough about the club to buy us even though it makes no economic sense to do so.

Why have Q not accepted Appleby bid !

Edited by Curtains
Predictive text

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

This is getting forgotten about.  The EFL’s response goes on about how administration works, options, what Quantuma have or haven’t done, etc and then there’s this throw away bit at the end.  No doubt when asked by the EFL, Quantuma probably pointed out that they can’t due to NDAs, etc.  They probably advised the EFL to seek express permission from the bidders legal teams.  This has been done - for all we know it could have been done 10mins before the reply to Ramstrust was sent.  Quantuma have dealt with the request correctly, despite the message the EFL are trying to send.

I agree Q have acted correctly in respect to not the sharing of information with the EFL, they have an NDA and should honour its contents.

The sharing of information could easily be dealt with by a Tri-Party NDA, with EFL, Q and The Bidder all signing the agreement. However, if you were advising the Bidder why on earth would you want to share information with the EFL what benefit is there to the bidder !!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Trevor birch statement has made me the most worried I’ve been about liquidation, it’s like they know we are going bust and trying to cover their arses and make out like they tried but couldn’t, absolute horrible feeling

The EFL are so awful in all this it’s ridiculous.

They have pontificated for so long and now they are trying to say they haven’t done anything wrong.  

I think Birch is a total .@&£

1 minute ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Radio Derby saying this morning that Quantuma have said that they intend to take s further lian out to pay June's wages.

If true that means that there will be no immediate resolution.

Radio Derby the font of all knowledge on this 

15 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Yep, lots of people on here and social media using it as another stick with which to beat Quantuma. They certainly appear to have been useless on a number of things throughout this process; communication, timely decisions and deadlines being the biggest issues, along with the questions being raised about their impartiality but we cannot prove any of that at this point. 
However they cannot legally share data around the process without consent from parties involved, and if the bidders do not consent to their data being shared then that’s that, no amount of speculating or keyboard bashing into the void will change it. 

21 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

These people can release as many waffling statements as they like; the fact of the matter is that we remain unsold months after administration. 
When are all these useless organisations actually going to deliver, come up with the real answers and prove that genuine progress has been made - or otherwise. 
The speed with which these events are progressing at is beyond a joke. 

it's extremely worrying

we dont even know who is buying us yet, and we have what? a few weeks to do a deal?

the minute CK did a runner we should have had the next man ready to go. its just another week completely wasted.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

And Mel Morris did threaten to call his "loans" to the club in when there was talk of him paying for part of the MSD debt, so I think they are comparable.

'His' loans (meaning his other companies) loans to the club are included within the £70m.

The £123m that people keep going on about IS NOT, I repeat IS NOT a creditor of The Derby County Football Club, so I am sorry but you are factually incorrect and the amounts are not comparable at all.

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Like i said in my original message, any 'interested' party deserve to pay that interest rate if they continue to posture & not make an actual bid meaning we HAVE to take the loan out. Not like we have any other choice.

Simply pointing out that the passage of time increases the burden of selling the club, if we can move quickly and carefully it may be possible for a new owner to be in place and avoid having to obtain a costly loan @8%.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd