The Administration Thread

Boycie

Really torn on the EFL statement & whether this is a positive step.

The EFL are clearly not expecting Kirchner's money to land - that must be the first assumption here. The second point (and one that I agree with them on) is that Quantuma need external oversight on both their actions & communications between bidders & interested parties. Whilst we all acknowledge that Quantuma as an insolvency practitioner have to follow insolvency law, there have been a number of allegations levied at them from well connected journalists that they have not concluded sales earlier this season despite apparent agreements being reached. There are also unsubstantiated theories abound that Quantuma are prioritising admin fees over anything else, something that can not be proven given the opaque nature of all the discussions to date.

In summary, it is clear that there is a total lack of confidence in Quantuma & given the timescales, I do agree the EFL should be concerned at how long this could drag on. The problem then comes with the role of the EFL, an organisation so hopelessly tainted by their incompetence, agenda driven petulance & fact that they are easily manipulated by parties without DCFC's best interest at heart. That may or may not include one or more of the current bidders.

Two things do strike me though. Firstly, this is Quantuma's last ever gig in football administration - they're finished after this. Secondly, there will be a conclusion to this in the coming days & I do believe it will result in the club being sold. I do hope that any brinkmanship tactics the EFL employ (specifically around threats of expulsion) are kept private with Quantuma for the benefit of fans' mental health.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

I think the EFL have been spooked by the rumours/speculation going around that Quantuma are not talking to Ashley, or being unresponsive to other bidders etc.

You have to read through the lines here.. EFL have already said they're going to start approved lists for administrators.. they are already very distrustful of Mel Morris.. Mel Morris has a huge grip on the club as probably it's largest creditor. I guess they want to know whether Quantuma are under his thumb.

I do think it is a bit weird that the EFLs rules can have so much influence on the insolvency process.

4 hours ago, maxjam said:

Alternatively, he could sell his plane in the UK and use the cash to buy Derby.  Fly back to the US with the plebs, then buy himself a new plane!

giphy.gif

I Don't believe he actually owns the plane, it is on lease i believe from Executive Jet management Inc.

Still not cheap.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The EFL are clearly not expecting Kirchner's money to land - that must be the first assumption here. The second point (and one that I agree with them on) is that Quantuma need external oversight on both their actions & communications between bidders & interested parties. Whilst we all acknowledge that Quantuma as an insolvency practitioner have to follow insolvency law, there have been a number of allegations levied at them from well connected journalists that they have not concluded sales earlier this season despite apparent agreements being reached. There are also unsubstantiated theories abound that Quantuma are prioritising admin fees over anything else, something that can not be proven given the opaque nature of all the discussions to date.

In summary, it is clear that there is a total lack of confidence in Quantuma & given the timescales, I do agree the EFL should be concerned at how long this could drag on. The problem then comes with the role of the EFL, an organisation so hopelessly tainted by their incompetence, agenda driven petulance & fact that they are easily manipulated by parties without DCFC's best interest at heart. That may or may not include one or more of the current bidders.

Two things do strike me though. Firstly, this is Quantuma's last ever gig in football administration - they're finished after this. Secondly, there will be a conclusion to this in the coming days & I do believe it will be beneficial to the club going forward. I do hope that any brinkmanship tactics the EFL employ (specifically around threats of expulsion) are kept private with Quantuma/MSD/Morris for the benefit of fans' mental health.

So first assumption , yes it seems EFL do not have confidence either in CK or in Q. But how are they in a position to judge? If CK's money come through on Monday or Tuesday then both CK and Q would be vindicated. Even if it doesn't the hard yards have been done with the agreement reached for sale of PPS, and other parties interested.

All the talk of sales being turned down seem total nonsense. All offers prior to February relied on Boro claims being deal with by normal insolvency process which EFL didn't like, so nothing could proceed before then courtesy of the EFL.

Since February it's been slow and we do not know the reasons why. It sounded to me that buyers were not offering deals that could progress easily and even when Kirchner came in they had to sort out the sale of PPS (via Council or Clowes).

I cannot see how EFL statement today is anything but pure trouble making from EFL. They really are incompetent and I would far rather trust Q than EFL in charge of events. 

5 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I think the EFL have been spooked by the rumours/speculation going around that Quantuma are not talking to Ashley, or being unresponsive to other bidders etc.

You have to read through the lines here.. EFL have already said they're going to start approved lists for administrators.. they are already very distrustful of Mel Morris.. Mel Morris has a huge grip on the club as probably it's largest creditor. I guess they want to know whether Quantuma are under his thumb.

I do think it is a bit weird that the EFLs rules can have so much influence on the insolvency process.

I agree.. Creditors cannot be happy that EFL involvement could damage their interests. 

2 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

I Don't believe he actually owns the plane, it is on lease i believe from Executive Jet management Inc.

Still not cheap.

In that case he's fibbing as reports says he paid ex amount of millions...cash?‍♀️

3 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

It's what we need.  There needs to be a point creditors are put in the position of something small guaranteed today, or almost certainly not a penny tomorrow. 

No one will buy a season ticket, so there will be no revenue.  Ashley deal, if it happens will begin and end in a day.  The last day.  

I would but my season ticket tommrow if I could.

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Two things do strike me though. Firstly, this is Quantuma's last ever gig in football administration - they're finished after this. Secondly, there will be a conclusion to this in the coming days & I do believe it will result in the club being sold. I do hope that any brinkmanship tactics the EFL employ (specifically around threats of expulsion) are kept private with Quantuma for the benefit of fans' mental health.

On reflection the EFLs statement is probably a good thing there’s no one now, who has read the EFLs statement, who can say they don’t know what’s at stake and the associated time frame. 

3 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

Still not cheap.

He does, EJM are are a jet management company (the clue's in the name), they handle licensing, registration, maintenance, flight planning etc etc because people who aren't aviation professionals don't tend to know how to do that....

22 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It’s not external oversight as such.

What they’re saying is that the want to know who bids what over the next few days so they can decide whether they pull the plug or not.

If someone bids enough to satisfy the current deals with the creditors they’ll let it play out.

If nobody bids enough to satisfy the current deals then they take away the league membership.

We’re in the end game, we’ll know in the next few days whether we can go on or whether it’s start again in non league.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

A massive conflict of interest for EFL .. especially as Trevor Birch used to be at Derby.

He had to work with the poison dwarf whilst he was here as well until he fell out with him and we decided to part ways with each other. I'm sure he won't hold a grudge. Afterall he works for an organisation that is a byword for trust, integrity and competence. 

I'd just like to thank the EFL for taking such a prompt and decisive action now that they've decided to get more involved only 9 months into the administration process.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So first assumption , yes it seems EFL do not have confidence either in CK or in Q. But how are they in a position to judge? If CK's money come through on Monday or Tuesday then both CK and Q would be vindicated. Even if it doesn't the hard yards have been done with the agreement reached for sale of PPS, and other parties interested.

All the talk of sales being turned down seem total nonsense. All offers prior to February relied on Boro claims being deal with by normal insolvency process which EFL didn't like, so nothing could proceed before then courtesy of the EFL.

Since February it's been slow and we do not know the reasons why. It sounded to me that buyers were not offering deals that could progress easily and even when Kirchner came in they had to sort out the sale of PPS (via Council or Clowes).

I cannot see how EFL statement today is anything but pure trouble making from EFL. They really are incompetent and I would far rather trust Q than EFL in charge of events. 

Well, yes if Kirchner's money arrives its all moot but at this moment, there is still little confidence that will happen. With respect to the rumours, guess the point is we don't know Pete. Its all been so secretive that its either guesswork or journalists tweeting out details. Unfortunately it is now such a media storm that there needs to be oversight - my choice would actually be a very small cross party group of MPs (Tracey Crouch, Derby MPs & Sports Minister) but the EFL have stepped in instead.

I also do not trust the EFL & consider it a risk that they may be 'influenced' by other clubs or other bidders threatening legal action in reaching a decision on the golden share. However at this particular point in time, I trust them more than Quantuma. And that is about as damning an indictment as you're going to get.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

3 minutes ago, curb said:

It’s not external oversight as such.

What they’re saying is that the want to know who bids what over the next few days so they can decide whether they pull the plug or not.

If someone bids enough to satisfy the current deals with the creditors they’ll let it play out.

If nobody bids enough to satisfy the current deals then they take away the league membership.

We’re in the end game, we’ll know in the next few days whether we can go on or whether it’s start again in non league.

I don't think the EFL would pull the plug. Even if football creditors aren't paid back in full. The other clubs wouldn't get see a penny.