The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t mind other people’s opinions at all but you can’t tell me there isn’t some agendas and narratives in play. 

How do you define the difference between “narrative” and “opinions”?

There are certain folk on this forum, that don’t think the money has been sent (like me but would love to be proved wrong) and others that do. In the absence of knowing the fact, both opinions/narratives (call it what you will) are valid.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Must be raining in Derby, but it’s lovely and sunny down here on the south coast. Catch-up again tomorrow on the speculation and counter-speculation, and made up Twatter that is mostly currently filling these pages.

@B4ev6is it will all be ok. Chill. It will all be resolved in the next week or two.

Look I really really really want it to be but at the moment in Time I am deeply concerned now.

But I have seen on det that andy appley and steve morgan on a about teaming up.

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think this is right I’d say at least 6 weeks for a new deal to go through  if CK loses out .

Someone said we could start the season in administration which I would think is a likely scenario 

The Club can start the season in Administration under EFL rules. However to get to that point, funding needs to be in place, or at least a funding stream proven, and a squad of players. 

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Derby County will never be self-sufficient until the financial gap between the Premier League and the EFL is closed, or we actually get promoted to the Premier League. 

Football is broken and it is beyond the scope of a single club to fix it. 

Derby County could easily become self sufficient and i'm not sure why you think it has anything to do with the premier league?

20 blokes from the pub can be our first team if we wanted to. It would be very easy for us to have a wage bill within our means and it doesnt mean we have to be totally unsuccesful either as Luton have shown.

I really don't understand why so many on here are stuck in the Mel Morris mindset which dictates piddling money away to be the only viable business model

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

How do you define the difference between “narrative” and “opinions”?

There are certain folk on this forum, that don’t think the money has been sent (like me but would love to be proved wrong) and others that do. In the absence of knowing the fact, both opinions/narratives (call it what you will) are valid.

I’m not necessarily talking fan narratives and agendas .

I will let yo draw (not a pun )your own conclusions 

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

This could be done in hours if the buyer has instant access to funds and his lawyers are happy with the figures accepted by CK AND is temporarily prepared to lease the stadium. 

Lawyers don’t work that fast .

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Lawyers don’t work that fast .

I think if a billionaire tells them to work to those timescales and probably employs them anyway and if lots of legwork has already been done by the admins re the creditors it can be done. It won’t take 6 weeks once a deal is agreed quite simply because it can’t. 

Just now, Eatonram said:

I think if a billionaire tells them to work to those timescales and probably employs them anyway and if lots of legwork has already been done by the admins re the creditors it can be done. It won’t take 6 weeks once a deal is agreed quite simply because it can’t. 

Another point.

Has MM sold the Stadium or was there provisos that the sale would only go through if certain conditions ie buyers were met.

I really am not sure the Stadium is sold yet and I suspect Mel still owns it if the club sale is still in abeyance 

34 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Percy chose to condemn Q for dismissing alleged attempts last week for others to liaise with them, which was inflammatory and sensational claptrap - Q would surely have been enforcing CK's exclusivity and adhering to NDA's?

But surely Q could have responded to the parties trying to contact them to say that to them? Rather than blanking them! All it takes is a bit of communication to resolve a lot of these misunderstandings and minimise the sensational claptrap.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Another point.

Has MM sold the Stadium or was there provisos that the sale would only go through if certain conditions ie buyers were met.

I really am not sure the Stadium is sold yet and I suspect Mel still owns it if the club sale is still in abeyance 

I can't see anyone putting up £20m for a Football Stadium with no guarantee of a tenant.

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think this is right I’d say at least 6 weeks for a new deal to go through  if CK loses out .

Someone said we could start the season in administration which I would think is a likely scenario 

Not necessarily true. It depends on whether they go with what’s already been agreed or want to change everything. 
If they pay the same, have the same agreements over costs etc then all they need to do is change the names in the document’s, so the fit and proper persons test and transfer the money. Could be done in a couple days. 
On the other hand, if they restructure everything and change cost payments, purchase price etc then it could be weeks to seek agreement. 
That there’s no PB anymore means it’s a straight race. Get the money in the bank and it’s all yours. The fact CKs money is just in holding means any other potential bidder knows they can’t mess about changing the whole structure or they will almost certainly lose out, so I expect it to be done quickly. 
All just my personal opinion of course. 

29 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The simple answer is Vanity,  look how many Rams followed Kirchner's twitter thread, some people just like the attention, until things go wrong.

I unable think of any real business\profit making opportunities as a "Soccer Owner in England" the only people to make money out of football are the players and their agents. 

Liverpool,Manchester Utd ,Arsenal,Aston Villa and ,now,Chelsea are all American owned.Don’t think the owners are short of a bob or two !