The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

1) Why would I know the answer?

2) Presumably he doesn't trust Mel Morris as a potential landlord. Would you?

Any more questions Chief Inspector or am I free to go?

Why did you ask if I wanted to buy it? ?

It seems an interesting point. Yes I'd trust Morris if a lease was drawn up.

Edited by RoyMac5

Next week for me is the pivatol time for us. A couple of days on from 7th May and I really really hope CK puts his money where his mouth is. Any mention about 'delays' will ring alarm bells with me. Mel has to prove once and for all he really has some heart and walk away giving the stadium back to us. Squeaky bum time approaching! Please CK and MM do the right thing for all our sakes!

He spoke very well. Considering his age, and by his own admission,  a rather meteoric rise in his bank balance, he seems still very grounded and is buying DCFC for the right reasons. Gets what the club means to its people - I really enjoyed the comparison to a church.

We've had a 'fan' owner. It didn't work. We need someone who gets it, but is emotionally detached, and surrounds themselves with the right people. Sounds like this is what's happening.

I will obviously temper this with, 'talk is cheap'. Ultimately, we won't find out until actions are taken, but for now, I'm reassured. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why did you ask if I wanted to buy it? ?

It seems an interesting point. Yes I'd trust Morris if a lease was drawn up.

If the council can borrow the money to buy it at preferential rates (2.8% I think I read somewhere?) then charges an equivalent rent to the football club to cover their outgoings, then I don't really see the issue.

From a buyer perspective it's probably a more attractive option at this stage than buying outright, when there's other initial outlays that'll need to take place to bring the football club out of administration, and to build up the playing squad and club staff.

Who's to say what the final agreement will be, it may be a lease to buy arrangement where for example we pay an annual rent around 750k along with a capital repayment of 1m per year.

It's really not a massive issue, many sports teams rent their stadium, both in the UK and the US.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He spoke very well. Considering his age, and by his own admission,  a rather meteoric rise in his bank balance, he seems still very grounded and is buying DCFC for the right reasons. Gets what the club means to its people - I really enjoyed the comparison to a church.

We've had a 'fan' owner. It didn't work. We need someone who gets it, but is emotionally detached, and surrounds themselves with the right people. Sounds like this is what's happening.

I will obviously temper this with, 'talk is cheap'. Ultimately, we won't find out until actions are taken, but for now, I'm reassured. 

Totally agree with this. I liked him and he seemed really genuine. 
I’ll add that, having heard him speak about the club and the deal now, I don’t think he would have tweeted what he’s tweeted over the last couple of days or would have just done that FB live thing if he didn’t believe/know that the stadium was getting sorted. He totally gets what the club means to people.*

*disclaimer - I totally get that MM could still scupper any deal

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If the council can borrow the money to buy it at preferential rates (2.8% I think I read somewhere?) then charges an equivalent rent to the football club to cover their outgoings, then I don't really see the issue.

From a buyer perspective it's probably a more attractive option at this stage than buying outright, when there's other initial outlays that'll need to take place to bring the football club out of administration, and to build up the playing squad and club staff...

So CK can't afford both and MM has to 'give' him the stadium? I can see why things might grind to a halt.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So CK can't afford both and MM has to 'give' him the stadium? I can see why things might grind to a halt.

Lol. Just because you have the cash doesn’t necessarily mean you should pay for something up front. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Can't afford" is an assumption on your part I'm afraid Roy.

Perhaps he (and, by the way, EVERY other potential buyer thats looked into buying us!) feels that the football club, with or without the stadium, isn't worth the £50m+ that it would have cost to buy the full package.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Nor if you are MM, give it away. 

All I care about is that CK has the money to do the deal. That's why I'm asking what the potential problems around his 'conditions' might be. #COYR

MM isn't giving anything away, do keep up - the council are looking at buying it from him.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

"Can't afford" is an assumption on your part I'm afraid Roy.

Perhaps he (and, by the way, EVERY other potential buyer thats looked into buying us!) feels that the football club, with or without the stadium, isn't worth the £50m+ that it would have cost to buy the full package.

OK.

Won't buy. The result is a haggling match. Are you so confident that CK has the funds?

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

MM isn't giving anything away, do keep up - the council are looking at buying it from him.

Do you think the Council will pay 'full price' and then sell cheaply to CK? Or just buy it at the 'going rate' that currently CK won't afford? 

Do keep up.

5 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

The only condition I’ve seen CK mention is that the stadium isn’t still in the hands of MM.

Again, why? Who exactly is holding who to ransom there?

Edited by RoyMac5

33 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Never heard you.

(Who is he?)

Naughty James, known by the authorities as Craig Cowling.

Photographer who has worked with some of Britain's biggest stars.  You'll have seen my work in @VICE, Dazed & Confused, Harper's Bazaar, Vogue Japan and i-D.

Just now, Carnero said:

It's like pulling frigging teeth conversing with you @RoyMac5, I don't know why I'm wasting my time giving you proper answers.

Enjoy your evening, I'm jumping off your little hamster wheel ?

Lol.

You aren't giving any answers. ?

Why does CK want MM out the equation? That is a simple question. It isn't necessarily going to have the same answer that us fans might give. #fryingpanfire?