The Administration Thread

Boycie

I don’t think Kirchner said personally that they upped the price, but they had prices in for things he didn’t want (Preston fans believe that to be some land they’d bought to create an academy). 
So when he tried to take those items off the overall price because he didn’t want them they refused.

So in effect they’re both right.

35 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ridsdale surely has to stand aside on this issue from EFL side, he has a clear conflict of interest gven Kirchner's spat with Preston.

I agree Pete 100%. I expect that he may be excluded from any meeting the EFL have with Q and/or CK over the proposed takeover, but then again maybe not but I hope CK would be listened to on any concerns he may have about that. However, even if Ridsdale is excluded, it is a members' club and off course Ridsdale is free to associate with other members outside those meetings and free to express his views to them. Smoke and mirrors come to mind.

Before our conflicts with the EFL this past couple of years or so, I had steadfastly avoided becoming a conspiracy theorist. But now I keep hearing in my head that old song - 'My Resistance Is Low.'

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If CK wants the Club will he pay enough so we don't get -15 points?

That will depend on if we get enough points to climb out of the relegation zone. 

If we don’t get enough pints to climb out of the bottom 3 then to me there is no point paying more to avoid the points deduction. The saving can then be used to help fund players for next season.

the only time I think he will pay enough to avoid the points deduction would be if we manage to get out the bottom 3, as it would mean we stay in the championship with no points deduction.

8 minutes ago, davenportram said:

That will depend on if we get enough points to climb out of the relegation zone. 

If we don’t get enough pints to climb out of the bottom 3 then to me there is no point paying more to avoid the points deduction. The saving can then be used to help fund players for next season.

the only time I think he will pay enough to avoid the points deduction would be if we manage to get out the bottom 3, as it would mean we stay in the championship with no points deduction.

The points deduction would be next season, surely?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"When we were approached in February 2022 regarding the potential sale of the Club a number of valuations were put to us by one party culminating in an offer which was confirmed as acceptable.

"This was just the start of a process that could have led to a successful takeover. Various other elements that would have been required were not completed by the bidder within the agreed timescale.

"The most important point to make absolutely clear is that contrary to suggestions in the public domain we at no time increased the asking price from the price and terms included in the originally agreed offer."

Wonder if finding out 12 players are out if contract at the end of this season had anything to do with him withdrawing. Could cost a lot to resign or replace

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The points deduction would be next season, surely?

Yes it will be next season. It seems likely now that as thinks stand at the moment we will be relegated. But should we survive as it stands now and we get a 15 point penalty due to the CVA then that will be applied this season and we will be relegated - there could be a debate maybe if the takeover does not happen until the close season and then the penalty comes but I have copied the relevant section below.

But in any event it seems to me as things stand and we go down with the 21 point deduction, any further penalty will fall next season and not this. The fourth Thursday in March was a relevant date which has passed of course.

12.3 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.2: 12.3.1 during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

12.3.2 during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.4 shall apply; and

12.3.3 outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 12 points (including in the National League if appropriate).

12.4 Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.2 apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

12.4.1 the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the National League if appropriate); or

12.4.2 the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction.

41 minutes ago, davenportram said:

The automatic assumption is that the money saved by not meeting the EFL creditors rules will then be used to enhance the transfer kitty but on what basis is this assumption being made and how much of the cash saved will be diverted to buying new players?

Kirchner must be aware that he's potentially buying a League 1 club with a 15 points handicap he doesn't seem the sort of person to then piss more money up the wall. 

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Well - is he wight; or is he wong? 
(Danny Dyer esq)  

This!

I said yesterday, he hasn't even bought us yet and here he is arguing against fans. Now this!

I feel sorry for fans who see Chris as being our saviour and the person to rescue the club. As much as I really hope you are right, I think naming Chris as PB will ultimately see our club liquidated and the administrators, who have pulled a blinder in naming Kirchner as PB, can blame him, deflecting any heat from them.

Book mark me, @ me, tw@ me...

Just how i see it panning out and I've never wanted to be more wrong.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I agree Pete 100%. I expect that he may be excluded from any meeting the EFL have with Q and/or CK over the proposed takeover, but then again maybe not but I hope CK would be listened to on any concerns he may have about that. However, even if Ridsdale is excluded, it is a members' club and off course Ridsdale is free to associate with other members outside those meetings and free to express his views to them. Smoke and mirrors come to mind.

Before our conflicts with the EFL this past couple of years or so, I had steadfastly avoided becoming a conspiracy theorist. But now I keep hearing in my head that old song - 'My Resistance Is Low.'

It is a members club .. where everyone's interests conflict with ours. So the sense of them having a vendetta agaisnt us is because they really are all against us. But did Wigan have all these problems with EFL when they went into admin? 

37 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This!

I said yesterday, he hasn't even bought us yet and here he is arguing against fans. Now this!

I feel sorry for fans who see Chris as being our saviour and the person to rescue the club. As much as I really hope you are right, I think naming Chris as PB will ultimately see our club liquidated and the administrators, who have pulled a blinder in naming Kirchner as PB, can blame him, deflecting any heat from them.

Book mark me, @ me, tw@ me...

Just how i see it panning out and I've never wanted to be more wrong.

If this was Alonso I would agree. But there are several things about Kirchner that are very different...

He does have a legitimate business.

He has a CEO lined up. One with a good football pedigree.

He has already been seen at PP watching games and seems like a genuine fan of football.

I do think he is genuine in his interest, not a chancer or tyre kicker.

There isnof course that possibility he could pull out for whatever reason. But I think he is genuine if naïve.

37 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I hope that CK can put in as much money as he can to avoid 15 points next season.

It must be in his best interest to start next season in league one with a strong team and no points deduction.

This is what I don't understand about the whole process....so Kirchener knows if he offers x amount of money then this will satisfy the EFLs creditors rules so we avoid another points deduction....but he's not going to offer x minus 1 pound to save a quid but then condemn us to a 15 point deduction....so what's the minimum anyone has to offer to buy us? 

Edited by Tyler Durden