The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Out of income.

No reason at all the club couldn't be run sustainably, with no real legacy wage bill being inherited.

Set budgets and stick to them like a normal business which turns over £15-20m per year.

What income? Reduced gates? Expensive academy? Very little in consolidation payments, our income would be fairly pitiful in all reality and we would need an owner who can absorb losses year on year because football just isn’t sustainable 

8 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Todays result coupled with Reading’s win seals our fate in my opinion, it’s been a valiant effort but there have been too many obstacles thrown at them.

I’m assuming our impending relegation has maybe made the prospective owners really tighten up their offers?

I'm not certain you can have an opinion on fate being sealed, can you?  It is either sealed, or not!  And right now, the table shows that it's not.
I hear no singing as yet, nor see any female vocalist of unquantified weight/dimensions.

It's not looking great, granted.  We may well be "up against it".  We may be losing hope and/or belief.  There may be no light at the end of the tunnel.
But our fate remains far from sealed.

The players and staff still have a job to do, a target to aim for, and an outcome to achieve.  Avoiding relegation is still a possibility, and something worth striving for (or not... but that's a different matter!). 
I say we stand by them, and try to help, however foolish/gullible we may look in a few weeks time.

?

I must be missing something here. Dont know if its just the same posters wallowing in misery but why is liquidation imminent?

No-one gains from Derby being liquidated, it is in all parties' interests (Morris, MSD, creditors incld HMRC & the EFL) to reach a deal but not unsurprisingly, the key protagonists (Morris & prospective buyers) are trying to eke out every last penny from a deal. Hence the lack of progress, hence the silence.

If we were going to the wall, why did admins allow the Binnies to walk away? If we were going to the wall, why have MSD continued to loan the club money? If we were going to the wall, why aren't Quantuma casting out for new buyers/interest? This is not a Bury scenario.

There is a grim irony that Morris is still trying to drive a good deal for himself personally in view of how incompetent & reckless DCFC business was conducted under his control but he will have to fold eventually. The bidders know this & little incentive for them to fund a relegated club until June in any case when contracts expire...they will very likely want Morris to pick up MSD loans also. This will be sorted at that point & whilst we will be looking at kids & frees again in the next window, Im confident we would survive in League One even with a 15 point penalty. Not exactly sexy but it gives us a base to build from.

Keep the faith ?

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What income? Reduced gates? Expensive academy? Very little in consolidation payments, our income would be fairly pitiful in all reality and we would need an owner who can absorb losses year on year because football just isn’t sustainable 

Luton Town have managed multiple promotions and are now 3rd in the championship whilst running a break even model. It's possible. And far more rewarding than the benefactor model.

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What I want to know is why Ashley is holding on to get a better deal .

The deal will be worse with a depreciating asset 

8 hours ago, Sheff Ram said:

Why don't we all chip in and buy the club?

Say £40m/20,000 loyal fans

= £2,000

I'd find that money to save my beloved club.

OK you're now one of the proud owners of DCFC, £40m spent on a football club, We have 4 /5 players in contract, The Manager needs another 15/20m in transfer fees and wages, Our fanbase has dropped to circa 18000 in league 1.

A committee is formed, A Chairman is elected to run the club, Shares are given to those who paid £2k, Those who paid more get more shares, The committee try to get a shirt deal and settle on the local brewery Derby Brewery for £250k for 3 years.

Money is being stretched so the committee goes to the shareholders for more loot, Those fans decide to sell their share as money is tight, Rich committee members buy the shares but still money is tight, Fans screaming as our 1st season in League isn't going to well, The committee make a statement, DCFC are for sale as we can't afford to keep pumping money into a club where as soon as it's banked it goes down the plug hole.

image.png.e372a602e86cd217fcdb1ac383ccfeec.png

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Just now, Curtains said:

Why would he want to pay our multi million wage bill until June when we're going down anyway? 

Why would he want to pay the asking price when he knows he is the best option in town & Morris has to choose between that and folding?

Its grim for us from a playing perspective but its a sensible business decision from a long term rebuild & return on investment perspective

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Imagine derby is liquidated, that's bad.

Yet it gives the opportunity to totally rebuild under a new name.

It gives the opportunity to buy a club in League Two and rebrand that club as say Derby AFC.

Still keeping a version of Derby as  a club.

It removes the hmrc debt, msd debt, arsenal debt etc

I'm not sure Derby if there would be the money to buy Chesterfield or Burton  and rebrand them.

That could leave a club like Mansfield vulnerable.

A mansfield rebrand wouldn't give Derby much, there grounds not great, there players are not great and how do you move the ground to Derby.

Recall Wimbledon afc plays in Milton Keynes a very long way from Wimbledon, that club was rebranded.

It might be an extreme solution.

It might appear strange to buy a club in League Two for about 10 million and rebrand, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that says that cant be done.

Under that scheme finding new owners seems more probable.

I think under the plan that you have suggested there would be a fanbase of about 1.

MK Dons was different because they hadn't previously had a club there.

If you honestly think proper football fans would be on board with this idea you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

11 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

On the long drive home post match with @South east ram today, after discussing the current situation ad infinitum as standard, he came up with the following theory that made me even more depressed.

What if liquidation has actually been decided on and we are just playing out the end of the season to finish it off to its natural conclusion and bring in the most money for the creditors? With no stadium, huge outstanding debts, almost certain relegation, a -15 points deduction to start next season with in L1 with a squad of 5 players, no-one is going to pay over the odds for this.

The remaining players we have who can be released are being sold, such as Plange and Festy. The club plays the remaining games of this season to bring in match day income that can eventually go to the creditors. And that is it. 

There will be the usual statements to say they tried hard to sell the club but with all the complicating factors it could not attract bids that would satisfy the various creditors, and we will be left shell shocked wondering how it all came to this.

I desperately hope he is wrong, but unless Mel decides to gift the stadium or personally settle the debts, or a buyer pays these off and spends a lot more buying Derby than they could get another Championship club for, I do fear that perhaps we are already in the end game without realising it.

Unless we are running at break even or a profit, surely the administrators would be breaking the law by continuing to trade knowing they were going to liquidate us in a few months time?

This is speculation by the way, I'm not up on insolvency law.

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Isn’t it a total steal of a buy from liquidation rather than from administration? Why pay £50-70 million when about £5 million gets you started - sure you have no ground or players but currently for £30 million (which is said to not be enough from the administrators) you get no ground and five players under contract plus a lot of employees - it’s just economics 

58 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Luton Town have managed multiple promotions and are now 3rd in the championship whilst running a break even model. It's possible. And far more rewarding than the benefactor model.

Exactly but how you dare you try and support something positive. The usual "thank god I'm not stuck in a lift with them" "we only come out of the woodwork to spread doom and gloom" merchants are out in force since yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Isn’t it a total steal of a buy from liquidation rather than from administration? Why pay £50-70 million when about £5 million gets you started - sure you have no ground or players but currently for £30 million (which is said to not be enough from the administrators) you get no ground and five players under contract plus a lot of employees - it’s just economics 

In this scenario though you've attributed zero value to the goodwill (the name Derby County and the fanbase).

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Unless we are running at break even or a profit, surely the administrators would be breaking the law by continuing to trade knowing they were going to liquidate us in a few months time?

This is speculation by the way, I'm not up on insolvency law.

I suspect we are running at break even ish with the sales of players and match takings and with four more matches at home we will be fine until the last game of the season as from then there is no money what so ever - which will be fine from the viewpoint of the EFL 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

In this scenario though you've attributed zero value to the goodwill (the name Derby County and the fanbase).

Not so - the goodwill and the fan base is why he or someone else would take us on because there is no other reason