The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Having buyers bidding for the club is not pertinent to our situation if all they are offering is a Mars bar and a packet of Wotsits and definitely not enough to satisfy the creditors demands plus HMRC etc etc. 

Maybe the ITK guru whose spouted this story knows that the bidders will never be likely to offer enough to satisfy the creditors or maybe they're just talking BS. 

I agree (see later post) no bidder will likely offer enough to satisfy all creditors and that will likely mean -15 points but calling out liquidation when there are still parties involved is extremely presumptious and premature. The fact buyers are involved still despite our dire situation is positive and leads me to think (again personal opinion) a deal will be struck and we won’t be liquidated.

The article also creates hysteria around where the Jozwiak money as gone. Most people on this forum and those connected with the club and likely the bidders knew what would happen to the Jozwiak money so there is no “additional blow”.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You may well be right but what makes you say that? I don’t think any of us know do we? If 90% (or whatever the threshold is) voted for a Phoenix club to join L2 then there wouldn’t be any need for an extra team to be promoted from the Conference.

For the record, I’m not saying I think we would be allowed to join L2.

I haven't seen many teams rallying to our support in the present situation,by teams i mean owners.

37 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Sorry but i don't think MM has any intention of "doing his bit" he could have done it months ago if that was the case.

the fact that he could allow any deal to go through more easily regarding the stadium was the only thing that stopped me totally piling in on him as optimistically I still had a vague belief that he would do the right thing as an alleged fan of the club. However you have it spot on. Agreeing to an accord with Gibson was done in his usual grandstanding way with no hint of remorse. It also made everything seem worse because as you say if he could do it, he could have done it at the beginning. suspect he is waiting to do a second grand gesture expecting us all to fall at his feet in gratitude as the great messiah. Its too late. Anyone who could put the fans, staff, coaches and players through this if he didnt have to is absolute ?and narcissist.  If for some reason he cant help why wouldnt he just apologise and explain?

Edited by CBRammette

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Btw to those who say the club has no assets of value I would say any new owner would see the almost guaranteed income streams as the main asset. Yes this will go down for a period when we regroup in L1 but a long term view is that we will always generate good income flows in the Champ and at some stage we will return to the prem

Thank you!

£15m-£20m turnover and a cleared down (basically a clean slate) wage bill with the chance to set appropriate wage budgets going forward.

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

I haven't seen many teams rallying to our support in the present situation,by teams i mean owners.

Have you seen many owners (not fans on social media), (apart from Wycombe and Boro obviously) saying we should be kicked out the league completely?

We simply don’t know how they would vote (maybe the teams in L1 and L2 feel we’ve been punished enough and, for financial reasons, the owners of L2 teams would rather have a Phoenix club from Derby in their league than the likes of Borehamwood - no offence intended).

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you seen many owners (not fans on social media), (apart from Wycombe and Boro obviously) saying we should be kicked out the league completely?

We simply don’t know how they would vote (maybe the teams in L1 and L2 feel we’ve been punished enough and, for financial reasons, the owners of L2 teams would rather have a Phoenix club from Derby in their league than the likes of Borehamwood - no offence intended).

You could be right but then again they might think a team like Borehamwood have more of a right to be in League 2 than a phoenix club who should be starting further down the pyramid. I don't think that getting a possible full ground for 1 match per season is going to put the club at an advantage for League 2 status.

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Thank you!

£15m-£20m turnover and a cleared down (basically a clean slate) wage bill with the chance to set appropriate wage budgets going forward.

But if we take a hit with a -15 point deduction we aren't allowed to set the appropriate wage budgets,we still remain under severe constraints with the EFL.

18 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

the fact that he could allow any deal to go through more easily regarding the stadium was the only thing that stopped me totally piling in on him as optimistically I still had a vague belief that he would do the right thing as an alleged fan of the club. However you have it spot on. Agreeing to an accord with Gibson was done in his usual grandstanding way with no hint of remorse. It also made everything seem worse because as you say if he could do it, he could have done it at the beginning. suspect he is waiting to do a second grand gesture expecting us all to fall at his feet in gratitude as the great messiah. Its too late. Anyone who could put the fans, staff, coaches and players through this if he didnt have to is absolute ?and narcissist.  If for some reason he cant help why wouldnt he just apologise and explain?

Because a narcissist thinks it is everyone elses fault and can't see what they have done wrong.

God there has been so much doom and gloom on this thread over the last week. Just flicked through 30 to 40 pages, and almost everyone posting seems to think we are dead and buried. It’s like reading a Russian State Newspaper.

Yet if you go to the daily updates thread, the last 3 posts all seem to be pretty positive and realistic to me. Rooney and Owen suggesting that a PB might be announced around Wednesday this week, the Binnie’s binned for a time wasting bid of £30m, and Q advising that negotiations are continuing with prospective purchasers (note the plural) to present a deal that will satisfy the EFL and ensure the future sustainability of the Club.

Enjoy your doom and gloom, whoever wants to spread it, I will pop back into here next weekend to see if you are still around, or if Quantuma have bombed out all the conspiracy theories. Up the Rams!

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You could be right but then again they might think a team like Borehamwood have more of a right to be in League 2 than a phoenix club who should be starting further down the pyramid. I don't think that getting a possible full ground for 1 match per season is going to put the club at an advantage for League 2 status.

Borehamwood may have more of a right (but possibly not if they fail to earn promotion through the normal route. It has echoes of the Wycombe only got promoted because of the PPG calculation blah blah blah) but we're talking about voting preferences not rights. 

As I said before, we simply don't know.

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If his other business ventures are in the same state as he has left DCFC in,  then he’s in bigger trouble than we thought.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Borehamwood may have more of a right (but possibly not if they fail to earn promotion through the normal route. It has echoes of the Wycombe only got promoted because of the PPG calculation blah blah blah) but we're talking about voting preferences not rights. 

As I said before, we simply don't know.

I only used Borehamwood as a follow on to your post,substitute them with Chesterfield, Notts County etc. take your pick who gets promoted. Hopefully it doesn't come to that in any case.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

God there has been so much doom and gloom on this thread over the last week. Just flicked through 30 to 40 pages, and almost everyone posting seems to think we are dead and buried. It’s like reading a Russian State Newspaper.

Yet if you go to the daily updates thread, the last 3 posts all seem to be pretty positive and realistic to me. Rooney and Owen suggesting that a PB might be announced around Wednesday this week, the Binnie’s binned for a time wasting bid of £30m, and Q advising that negotiations are continuing with prospective purchasers (note the plural) to present a deal that will satisfy the EFL and ensure the future sustainability of the Club.

Enjoy your doom and gloom, whoever wants to spread it, I will pop back into here next weekend to see if you are still around, or if Quantuma have bombed out all the conspiracy theories. Up the Rams!

If it gives you any comfort, just remember some of us are just speculating what might happen in the event of liquidation as part of an interesting debate. It doesn't necessarily mean we think we're doomed.

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But if we take a hit with a -15 point deduction we aren't allowed to set the appropriate wage budgets,we still remain under severe constraints with the EFL.

I've just realised that there's potentially another loophole here - or maybe I've just missed something.

The -15 is for exiting administration in a way that does not comply with EFL policy. Obviously there's the 25/35% creditor part, but another section of that policy is agreeing to the two year business plan.

Logically then, if we exit contrary to EFL policy, we won't have agreed a business plan, but will have tacitly agreed to take the 15 point hit. I've not read of any additional sanctions, so we would have avoided the business plan.

In the unlikely event that I'm right, it could easily make taking points penalty a more attractive option, assuming that the new owner is wealthy enough to deliver a competitive League 1 squad - and saving a few million could only help with that.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If it gives you any comfort, just remember some of us are just speculating what might happen in the event of liquidation as part of an interesting debate. It doesn't necessarily mean we think we're doomed.

There is as much chance DCFC being liquidated as me spending this afternoon in bed with Michelle Keegan. Happy for you to continue with your doom and gloom speculation. 

For the record, Michelle is filming for a new series at the mo., but we are hoping to hook up early in April.

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well they tell us buy tickets many of us just want renew out season tickets extra income for the club.

The trouble i think  B4 is if they sell us season tickets and the worst does happen then we would be classed as creditors i think, making any money they have being spread around more creditors .

2 hours ago, Kuskus said:

Whilst I suspect he is right about Jozwiak fee being outstanding otherwise it’s the usual baalocks from Nixon. 

quantuma has told Efl we have funding to end of season. So there’s no question of us running out before then. 

Just now, glyn1957 said:

The trouble i think  B4 is if they sell us season tickets and the worst does happen then we would be classed as creditors i think, making any money they have being spread around more creditors .

I am happy to take the credit  risk. If I lose £500 it’s bad news. If I lose the football club it’s worse than bad news.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

There is as much chance DCFC being liquidated as me spending this afternoon in bed with Michelle Keegan. Happy for you to continue with your doom and gloom speculation. 

For the record, Michelle is filming for a new series at the mo., but we are hoping to hook up early in April.

Good luck with that ?

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I've just realised that there's potentially another loophole here - or maybe I've just missed something.

The -15 is for exiting administration in a way that does not comply with EFL policy. Obviously there's the 25/35% creditor part, but another section of that policy is agreeing to the two year business plan.

Logically then, if we exit contrary to EFL policy, we won't have agreed a business plan, but will have tacitly agreed to take the 15 point hit. I've not read of any additional sanctions, so we would have avoided the business plan.

In the unlikely event that I'm right, it could easily make taking points penalty a more attractive option, assuming that the new owner is wealthy enough to deliver a competitive League 1 squad - and saving a few million could only help with that.

If it does not comply with EFL policy they could simply expel us from the EFL.