The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Oh yes third sentence. So why did it take so long to tell binnies to duck off?

£30m is probably a better offer than what we'd get if the club is liquidated, so no sense in cutting them off until they think they definitely have another better offer in place.  And it sounds like that £30m was an improved offer anyway, so again, no sense in cutting them off until it becomes clear that they've reached the limit of what they're willing to offer. 

“It was felt the sum accurately reflected the reduced status of Derby following the sale of players during the January transfer window”.

Even though some players left during the window, KB is back and has just been recalled to the Poland team. If he stays fit and keeps building towards his previous form, he will be a large asset and more than offset the value of players leaving. After all he could have ended up in the George Thorne bracket and be worth 3/6 d .

Edited by hintonsboots

Just now, alram said:

So them bidding 30m and not coming close all but confirms that there is no deal to be done with hmrc

i am sorry but we are doomed. nobody is going to pay 50m for a club with no assets 

Don’t be silly.  We are going to be fine. 

I'm just here to be part of the 1000 page club.

I'm taking the Binnie news as a positive move forward. Clearly they wanted to get us as cheap as possible and were sure they were in a strong position, but if admins took just 24 hours (from a 72 hour deadline) to reject their latest offer I'm sure that means we have one or two better bids on the table.

Chelsea £3bn asking price, excludes stadium freehold and club name, ground needs re-developing. Debts w/o. Unlikely to get asking price.

Derby range £30m - £50m, includes freehold fairly modern stadium that could be expanded. End price maybe £40m/£50m.

Derby likely to be a good investment for someone...

I still think it will be Ashley, as he is probably the one who can see the most value in us and how we could turn things around over the next few seasons and climb back up the football ladder again. However, I'd be interested to know who else is left as their were reports that some bids had been made by groups not in the frame previously and there hasn't been much in the way of speculation on those.

(added gif to mark page 1000)

Captain Marvel GIF

Edited by roboto