The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

He is, because he's looking to pay a Lg1 price, hoping to gain a Championship club....

Admins have 3 bids, Ashley, Binnies & Appleby, so if one walks away due to the delays, they will still sell...

I could be wrong, but, I very much doubt you are going to see a PB until at least the middle of April, unless we start faltering badly....

Think it will be before then….

55 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But for me the sooner they take over is done the better and they will get there money back through ticket sales. 

I think rooney will stay he turned them down already and plus Lampard has taken over there.

Could never see Rooney leaving mid season however once the season is over whether we are still in the championship or League One Rooney may think he has done his job.What he has achieved this season will not have gone unnoticed by other owners.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

How does the value of the club actually change when the £28m is there to pay off debt? That £28m bill is there regardless of the division we are in.

Can anyone explain this in a way I've not understood it?

If a bidder comes to an agreement regarding a payment plan it gets even harder if we are relegated due to less TV money,less TV coverage leads to less sponsorship money as the adverts are not reaching the figures they do in the championship. Out of contract players less likely to renew contracts so the administrators say the club is not viable going forward due to the large amount of debt to be serviced.

31 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Could never see Rooney leaving mid season however once the season is over whether we are still in the championship or League One Rooney may think he has done his job.What he has achieved this season will not have gone unnoticed by other owners.

Not for me

I think he will consider job done once he wins a league title with us and besides I think once take over is done he should get quite a bit of backing.

23 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If a bidder comes to an agreement regarding a payment plan it gets even harder if we are relegated due to less TV money,less TV coverage leads to less sponsorship money as the adverts are not reaching the figures they do in the championship. Out of contract players less likely to renew contracts so the administrators say the club is not viable going forward due to the large amount of debt to be serviced.

I think you will find actually will be on sky more than not.

11 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Yeah by the EFL Sky only mean the championship. Outside of the play-offs or the EFL trophy final they don’t give a duck. 

Might be a fair amount of league one games on during the World Cup - at least four weeks worth! 

7 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I see a situation where Lampard takes Everton down gets sacked and Rooney keeps us up. The pressure Everton will exert on him to take him off is will be extreme. They’ll offer him a fortune and the cash the build the squad he wants. That will be a very difficult job to turn down.

7 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

It still wont change the valuation. In your scenario the bids remain the same, but they are all just going to pull out if we get relegated.

I would hope that the 3 groups of successful businessman are not all morons and have based their bids on us being in league 1 anyway.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think you will find actually will be on sky more than not.

If we're in League 1 we won't be on tv at all. Sky has to select a minimum amount of games for league 1 and 2 but its a small amount. They aren't televising a single league 1 or league 2 game in the entirety of March

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

How does the value of the club actually change when the £28m is there to pay off debt? That £28m bill is there regardless of the division we are in.

Can anyone explain this in a way I've not understood it?

What I want to know is, where is the £28m to settle the debts coming from?

As far as I am aware that just about covers HMRC, who do not have to accept 25p in the £

https://www.quantuma.com/insights/rescuing-football-clubs-thing-past

9 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Club is worth a lot more in the Championship, at the moment the potential buyers have based their buds on a Lg1 team

The Admin have enough money now till the end of the season, theres still a chance we may survive, so they are going to wait until the know whether they are selling a Championship or Lg1 club......

The added bonus of course is Admin are racking up their bill tooooo!

Yes but they risk the buyers walking by stalling.big risk

Edited by CBRammette

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but they risk the buyers walking by stalling.big risk

I don't think it's the administrators who are stalling,i think the bidders are expecting the administrators selling the club now as a league 1 club and have put in derisory offers to match which doesn't go anywhere near enough to settle the bills, that wouldn't be acceptable to the administrators who have managed to arrange funds to see the season out. If we go down i can see the potential bidders walking away especially Ashley who won't get the television coverage a championship club gets.

38 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

What I want to know is, where is the £28m to settle the debts coming from?

As far as I am aware that just about covers HMRC, who do not have to accept 25p in the £

https://www.quantuma.com/insights/rescuing-football-clubs-thing-past

That might make some think again who keep saying HMRC will accept 25% of what is owed. If they are entitled to the full amount that is what they will want.