The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Was it printed in Wellington Street just behind Midland Road back then or have I imagined that?

It was printed at Northcliffe House on Albert Street.

As several others have previously mentioned, it came out between 5.30 pm and 6.00 pm, which was about the time I arrived back in Derby after the match to pick up the 'Green 'Un', then boarding the No.59 from Tenant Street up to Breadsall Hill Top Estate.

If the paper wasn't out, then I'd wait and then catch the Scarborough Rise bus, which I think went from the Bus Station(?).

I remember the day Derby gained promotion in 1969 and a woman on the bus asked how had they got on, and I just showed the front page to her, which said - PROMOTION, which had took 16 years from to get back to the top division.

I really miss the Green Un. I was in photos printed in it about 4 times a year for about 10 years, and at least every other week for scoring.

I wish I'd kept them all. It was also great for finding which teams your ex team-mates were playing in.

Most of is was pre-printed during the afternoon and then the latest scores added as a rush at 4:50pm, they were sometimes still warm and damp when bundled and out.

25 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

What was that big building on Wellington Street? For some reason I thought that was a printworks?

You tinker, Are you trying to get me to put up an old picture of the building?...lol

Wellington Street and Junction of Midland Place was Bemrose and Sons Printers.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Plus: Admin fees, MSD loan, Stadium rent
Minus: Transfer instalments paid

The maximum including everything but excluding change to transfer fees due will be £75m.

£20m for the stadium can be pushed down the road if the PB is willing to rent the stadium (I assume at a rate equal to the interest on the loan c£2.3m iirc). Therefore...

Assuming HMRC and Football creditors will be paid in full: £50m
Assuming HMRC are willing to go as low as 25%: £30m

It's this £30m figure which needs to be met to avoid the 15 point deduction next season.

To get everything, you're looking at something like the following breakdown:
MSD - £25m
Transfers - £8.4m (minus what has been paid)
HMRC - £7m
Admins - £5m
Other Football creditors - £2.3m
Other unsecured creditors: £1.6m

MSD interest has been rolling up at maybe 12%, could even be more. Unlikely to stop ticking before May. Also the admins’ legal bills will have blown any estimates to bits and MSD will be chiming in with all sorts of add ons. Expenses could get to £5m by the time this is done with Q fees on top.  (We were told that 202 had waived the stadium rental though.) 

we’re a good deal more expensive now than we were when Gibbo was up to his tricks in December. And other clubs will be on the market and are cheaper by the day. 

don’t think this means liquidation but I think it’s likely MM will have to subsidise the sale. Ashley will not be shy to ask 

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You tinker, Are you trying to get me to put up an old picture of the building?...lol

Haha, no mate. For some reason I used to think the Green Un was printed there, Of course it was Bemrose, I remember it well now.

I walked through there t'other week and was reminiscing about that area and the Robert Peel pub, etc.

21 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I really miss the Green Un. I was in photos printed in it about 4 times a year for about 10 years, and at least every other week for scoring.

I wish I'd kept them all. It was also great for finding which teams your ex team-mates were playing in.

Most of is was pre-printed during the afternoon and then the latest scores added as a rush at 4:50pm, they were sometimes still warm and damp when bundled and out.

I used to work at the DET and we did indeed used to have most of the pages for the Green Un ready by about 3pm on a Saturday. It was just the football scores that we waited for, before starting up.

Remember the pressure if the web of paper broke on start-up, everyone running around to re-web the press as the window for the paper was pretty small.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Haha, no mate. For some reason I used to think the Green Un was printed there, Of course it was Bemrose, I remember it well now.

I walked through there t'other week and was reminiscing about that area and the Robert Peel pub, etc.

Yep the whole place has changed over the years, Small industrial units, Car parks, Buildings going up, Buildings coming down, The alternative mile for drinkers including the Robert Peel, The Sitwell , The George, Nottinham Arms, Crown and Cushion all gone ?

Just now, Fullspizz said:

I used to work at the DET and we did indeed used to have most of the pages for the Green Un ready by about 3pm on a Saturday. It was just the football scores that we waited for, before starting up.

Remember the pressure if the web of paper broke on start-up, everyone running around to re-web the press as the window for the paper was pretty small.

How did you get the rams match report ready in time? It was in the  front and back page if remember correctly

49 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

It was printed at Northcliffe House on Albert Street.

As several others have previously mentioned, it came out between 5.30 pm and 6.00 pm, which was about the time I arrived back in Derby after the match to pick up the 'Green 'Un', then boarding the No.59 from Tenant Street up to Breadsall Hill Top Estate.

If the paper wasn't out, then I'd wait and then catch the Scarborough Rise bus, which I think went from the Bus Station(?).

I remember the day Derby gained promotion in 1969 and a woman on the bus asked how had they got on, and I just showed the front page to her, which said - PROMOTION, which had took 16 years from to get back to the top division.

Yea, scarborough rise 27 used to go from the bus station.

24 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

? yes it was bemrose, before it moved to wazygoose drive. Dont know wether i should be replying to you though.??