The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Big shame they knocked that down - typical of the Borough/City Council failing to protect the things worth protecting.

Never drank there, but had my first pint in a town pub at its 'replacement' in the Eagle Centre development - The Trident on Albion Street, now also gone. 

I worked the doors on the Trident back in the 80s, The younger women caused more grief than the men in there..."Chaddettes"

Yes the City Council certainly re developed Derby City Centre?

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Big shame they knocked that down - typical of the Borough/City Council failing to protect the things worth protecting.

Never drank there, but had my first pint in a town pub at its 'replacement' in the Eagle Centre development - The Trident on Albion Street, now also gone. 

The building is still there i think, but turned into a shop or something at the bottom, the alley can still be seen that led onto the land behind cockpit hill. All the houses had been demolished except for one pub but cant remember its name.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Hey, believe whatever clear and obvious ******** you want, I can't stop you.

Don’t think I said anything about believing it. It’s more about not discarding information because you don’t like the source. Barry could be right, could be wrong, I mean he’s literally given it roughly 10 days since the radio derby interview said ‘10 days’, but let’s just see if it happens or not. As I said earlier, problem is with Nixon or a lot of ITKers is that they legit hear something from someone, but unless the story is near completion anything can go wrong. It’s why Nixon can trip himself up sometimes because he won’t have the full story before writing an article. 

Thing is with Barry, he’s literally putting his rep on the line again, maybe just see what happens? Can always ignore him if he gets it wrong, plus it’s slightly more interesting than pages of puns and ‘remembering places’. Not quite sure when the thread became The Peter Kay thread.

17 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

The building is still there i think, but turned into a shop or something at the bottom, the alley can still be seen that led onto the land behind cockpit hill. All the houses had been demolished except for one pub but cant remember its name.

image.png.816c60d8e4234748693cbb3b47bc4016.png

24 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

My dad was a regular in there.  Has some pictures from the night it closed.  Yes, the buildings still there.  I've a feeling it may be a shelter charity shop at the bottom.  

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Any news of a preferred bidder yet?

One was expected to appear between the  Jurassic and Cretaceous period but there was a slight delay.  Admin update expected after the second coming of Christ though, so probably another 48 hrs at a guess.  Imminent anyway.

6 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Where was the canal turn, my husband said the one i'm thinking of was the Reindeer, his auntie used to keep it.

Thats the Canal Tavern on Cockpit Hill where the market used to be, Just up the road from the Castle and Falcon, That's an old picture tho so could have been re named ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Thats the Canal Tavern on Cockpit Hill where the market used to be, Just up the road from the Castle and Falcon, That's an old picture tho so could have been re named ?‍♂️

Yea remember now, think there was a fish and chip shop next to it. Didnt mad harry have a stall there, before he moved into the open market.