The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Indy said:

This is the encouraging. Nicko twigging that there’s something not right about the Wycombe/Boro positions and willing to argue that point. 

In so far as he'll ever close down a line of potential tweets, and then it's clear he's a football man.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, the EFL has to sort this. But they're running scared. Of course 'the EFL' are the 72 clubs representatives, so why are they scared, surely all football clubs want their success to be on the field of play?

They all need money though Roy - short-termism is the curse of English football.

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

No. But they may influence politicians who only on Tuesday, having been informed what’s been happening on Monday, were pressuring the sports minister to bring forward legislation to abolish the EFL asap and replace with an independent regulator. The more noise there is out there to rubbish the narrative of Derby cheating and EFL/Boro bravely fighting for the integrity of the game, the better, I think. 

True enough!

14 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I thought by highlighting the concept of 'independence' you were disagreeing with my suggestion in the previous sentence that they would be ideal (instead of a Derbyshire MP who would naturally sway towards DCFC). No worries ?

I was joking about Beckett.

Tracey Crouch has led/is leading an investigation into the governance of football in this country. That's why she is an excellent choice.

Just now, Ramos said:

I just saw them all in the Winchester, they are waiting for this all to blow over. 

Simon Pegg Wink GIF by Working Title

That’s a good plan actually (well it was one I was considering ?

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I was joking about Beckett.

Tracey Crouch has led/is leading an investigation into the governance of football in this country. That's why she is an excellent choice.

Rick Parry thinks she is very good so might be a poor choice.

Said as much on Podcast

Just now, Curtains said:

Rick Parry thinks she is very good so might be a poor choice.

Said as much on Podcast

He's covering his back (again) for when the report comes out/gets implemented (shamefully, I've not followed closely enough)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fan-led-review-of-football-governance

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/378/digital-culture-media-and-sport-committee/news/159163/chair-comments-on-fan-led-review-of-football-governance/

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/1607/sport-governance/