The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or given the nature of the subject, felt it was best left to the administrators (and their lawyers) to write up something suitable for the public

3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I am *hoping* that it is more RamsTrust trying to get Quantuma to improve their communication to fans, rather than letting speculation run wild.

Hope you two are right, though the: “we’ve got some information, but we’re going to let someone else tell you it” option perhaps wasn’t the wisest given the current state of things

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not sure that’s quite right. The October 2020 claim was ‘Boro trying to either latch into the EFL’s appeal, or start their own appeal. They were denied both times on the grounds they had no jurisdiction or standing.  The 14 days thing only applies to appeals. They are free to file a general notice of arbitration against any club, at any time, for any reason.  Which is what they’ve apparently done in January 2021.

The way I see it, any argument over the stadium should be shot down straightaway. The rules are clear that only the league can initiate disciplinary cases. By trying to rerun the charge that we have already been completely cleared of, they are trying to start a disciplinary case, and have no jurisdiction. That also applies to any brand new claims they make.  They need to raise their case with the EFL and get them to prosecute it.

For the amortisation issue, they maybe have some grounds, but there is ample precedent in existing EFL disciplinary cases that you can’t correlate overspending with specific sporting outcomes, to suggest they have no case.  I’m sure there’s also a reference (in DC2, I think) that states that points deductions are deterrents, they are not meant to be corrective actions to level things up again. So there’s no argument there. You can also argue that if DC2 had felt that ‘Boro had been sufficiently harmed, then they had the power to award them compensation, but actively chose not to.

Think you’re right on the 14 days, my mistake, alcohol required this evening!!

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Jack's a family friend and I've watched him in the DCFC Academy since he was nine years old. He's now 15 and a first year Academy scholar but still at school. He's the current England U16 goalkeeper and I'm really hoping that in the not too distant future I'm watching him in the first team goal at Pride Park. On top of that he's just a smashing lad who loves the Rams. He's desperate that our club survives.

"There's only one Jack Thompson..........................."

Come On You Rams

Come On You Rams

Believe it or not I was talking to Eric Steele about him earlier, trying to get him on the FA's radar (not that I have any clout tbf)

I've watched him from afar and he's a good lad and keeper so far.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but that decision by RamsTrust comes across to me as them really not wanting to be the bearers of bad (possibly very bad) news…

In context, I agree. It could be more or less the update Toby Perkins gave on twitter, which wasn't great. I don't really expect much more than that until something moves.

It's something of a mexican stand off between Quantuma, the EFL, WW+Boro with Mike Ashley watching and waiting to see at what point he should step in to his maximum benefit, or walk away. And given the general bastadry of Mike Ashley as a businessman, it would be foolish to think he wouldn't if the price wasn't right.

WW+Boro are least likely to move because they risk nothing by maintaining their current position. Won't move because they don't have to. Gibson is a fanatic on this. His mouthpieces utting around he'd take a lot less than £45m is hardly the generous good guy of the piece he thinks it makes him. No one compelled Gibson to take this action, BTW, and his stated grievence was the EFL did not enforce their rules, which they now have.

The EFL may feel they can't move becuase of the way they've interpreted their regs, but also under pressure to not see DCFC go under. Won't move because they don't think they can, but possibley might under external pressure.

Quantuma, don't think they can move becuase bidders won't take on WW+Boro risk. Would like to move but can't.

In all honesty, the best likely outcome is DCFC are rescued at the last minute, probably by Ashley but the club in a terrible state and creditors getting absolutly rinsed. Other plausible scenarios include variations on "new"" DCFC being technically a contiunation of Derby County but in effect went bust and was restructured. Worst case, we all know.

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but that decision by RamsTrust comes across to me as them really not wanting to be the bearers of bad (possibly very bad) news…

They are probably fed up of being fed BS by the administrators like the rest of us. So want them to put it on record, and low and behold, tumbleweed!!

1 minute ago, Gritstone Tup said:

They are probably fed up of being fed BS by the administrators like the rest of us. So want them to put it on record, and low and behold, tumbleweed!!

When have the administrators fed up BS? They've missed deadlines, but never lied as far as we're aware? 

Edited by Andicis

Just now, Andicis said:

When have the administrators fed up BS? They've missed deadlines, but never lied as far as we're aware? 

The deadlines imminent, 24hours etc etc etc are BS enough for me. But we’ve also had “good to go” when no one was ever in a position to be named preferred bidder at anytime!!

Given the state of play as we speak, no one is buying our club yet the administrators have said on several occasions they have xyz lined up. Ashley has said tonight he’s not only waiting for Boro to be sorted, he’s waiting for creditors and hmrc to throw the towel in as well. 

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

The deadlines imminent, 24hours etc etc etc are BS enough for me. But we’ve also had “good to go” when no one was ever in a position to be named preferred bidder at anytime!!

Given the state of play as we speak, no one is buying our club yet the administrators have said on several occasions they have xyz lined up. Ashley has said tonight he’s not only waiting for Boro to be sorted, he’s waiting for creditors and hmrc to throw the towel in as well. 

I'm assuming it's an ever changing position and therefore when they say it, it probably is ready but something changes. Ashley hasn't said anything tonight. Journalists are claiming what Ashley is doing. The admins are acting properly in accordance to their job for the creditors, let's not turn on them. 

Edited by Andicis

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In context, I agree. It could be more or less the update Toby Perkins gave on twitter, which wasn't great. I don't really expect much more than that until something moves.

It's something of a mexican stand off between Quantuma, the EFL, WW+Boro with Mike Ashley watching and waiting to see at what point he should step in to his maximum benefit, or walk away. And given the general bastadry of Mike Ashley as a businessman, it would be foolish to think he wouldn't if the price wasn't right.

WW+Boro are least likely to move because they risk nothing by maintaining their current position. Won't move because they don't have to. Gibson is a fanatic on this. His mouthpieces utting around he'd take a lot less than £45m is hardly the generous good guy of the piece he thinks it makes him. No one compelled Gibson to take this action, BTW, and his stated grievence was the EFL did not enforce their rules, which they now have.

The EFL may feel they can't move becuase of the way they've interpreted their regs, but also under pressure to not see DCFC go under. Won't move because they don't think they can, but possibley might under external pressure.

Quantuma, don't think they can move becuase bidders won't take on WW+Boro risk. Would like to move but can't.

In all honesty, the best likely outcome is DCFC are rescued at the last minute, probably by Ashley but the club in a terrible state and creditors getting absolutly rinsed. Other plausible scenarios include variations on "new"" DCFC being technically a contiunation of Derby County but in effect went bust and was restructured. Worst case, we all know.

I'm not an insolvency or administration legal expert, but i'd thought no legal proceedings can be brought or continued against a company in administration unless the admins agree or the court allows it. So if MFCs claim has not been upheld in court prior to admin and if the courts have not said it can continue, how can MFC or WW continue to press for it? Or is DCFC not in true administration in the eyes of the law?

https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexispsl/restructuringandinsolvency/document/393781/55KG-P041-F18C-C0S4-00000-00/Claims_against_insolvent_companies_and_individuals_overview

I know I’m not going to make any friends here but I feel obliged to say it anyway.

Can the MPs, Ramstrust, County council etc etc stop poking their noses in, regurgitating the same questions and taking up the administrators time please!!

We are on a quickly reducing timescale for all this nonsense to be sorted out and the administrators haven’t got time to waste.

4 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

I'm not an insolvency or administration legal expert, but i'd thought no legal proceedings can be brought or continued against a company in administration unless the admins agree or the court allows it. So if MFCs claim has not been upheld in court prior to admin and if the courts have not said it can continue, how can MFC or WW continue to press for it? Or is DCFC not in true administration in the eyes of the law?

https://www.lexisnexis.com/uk/lexispsl/restructuringandinsolvency/document/393781/55KG-P041-F18C-C0S4-00000-00/Claims_against_insolvent_companies_and_individuals_overview

No idea on the insolvency laws or the *exact* legal status of the claims made by WW and Boro.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm assuming it's an ever changing position and therefore when they say it, it probably is ready but something changes. Ashley hasn't said anything tonight. Journalists are claiming what Ashley is doing. The admins are acting properly in accordance to their job for the creditors, let's not turn on them. 

I’ve posted Ashley’s conversation with Derbyshire live.

No nothing has changed with regard to Boro claims, this has been on the table for over 12 months.