The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Have I missed something with these Parry emails? Has he been in touch with some of you?

Apparently so.

The replays haven't been especially enlightening, the EFL has done nothing wrang, of course they want dcfc to survive, everything EFL does is in line with policy. So just EFL party line with occasional changes in wording.

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure that any Championship club can run without external funding and our infrastructure is too big for League 1. We'd need either quick promotion or ongoing funding. 

I think our revenue will hold up in League One.. the fans aren't going anywhere. There's 15 players out of contract in the summer so wages will be well down.  

2 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

According to the Mail, six clubs are preparing a legal bid against the EFL over their refusal to significantly change P&S restrictions after the impact of covid. What a mess.

Let me guess. Just a wild guess. One of those clubs couldnt possibly be Boro could it?

I for one am shocked and appalled. 

Maybe it will make the EFL help us now they are in the same firing line, but i doubt it.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Apparently so.

The replays haven't been especially enlightening, the EFL has done nothing wrang, of course they want dcfc to survive, everything EFL does is in line with policy. So just EFL party line with occasional changes in wording.

It's all Quantuma's fault. They have misled  us all and they are trying to cover their own failings.. that's according to Parry of course. Do we believe him? 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

I think our revenue will hold up in League One.. the fans aren't going anywhere. There's 15 players out of contract in the summer so wages will be well down.  

Revenue wont hold up, as we'll lose virtually all of the tv money. Our costs will hopefully decrease to suit our new level, but there will definitely be a big impact on our income.

7 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

According to the Mail, six clubs are preparing a legal bid against the EFL over their refusal to significantly change P&S restrictions after the impact of covid. What a mess.

Has EFL fed lines to John Percy of the Telegraph that they are "shocked" that clubs are using COVID as an excuse for their financial troubles? And deducted them 12 points anyway? 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Revenue wont hold up, as we'll lose virtually all of the tv money. Our costs will hopefully decrease to suit our new level, but there will definitely be a big impact on our income.

Oh yes from pre COVID days (and this years revenue and cash flow is still massively impacted by COVID) our revenue was £30 million but still less than our player wage bill. Now our wage bill is heading towards £10m and will drop sharply again in the summer if not before. SO even if revenue is say £15 m we should still make a profit.  

Edited by PistoldPete

16 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

Seems a bit odd and probably not true. How can you legally force an organisation to change it’s membership rules (provided the rules are not illegal in the first place of course)?

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It's all Quantuma's fault. They have misled  us all and they are trying to cover their own failings.. that's according to Parry of course. Do we believe him? 

Actually, to a certain extent I do.I don’t think it’s 100% their fault, but if they’ve chosen to ignore the claims, then they have missed a trick. Yes the claims may be nonsense to anyone who can see, but surely they should have made some efforts to address or discuss with the EFL / boro / Wycombe. 

if they haven’t, and have just ignored them, then I do think some of the blame sits with them

8 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Actually, to a certain extent I do.I don’t think it’s 100% their fault, but if they’ve chosen to ignore the claims, then they have missed a trick. Yes the claims may be nonsense to anyone who can see, but surely they should have made some efforts to address or discuss with the EFL / boro / Wycombe. 

if they haven’t, and have just ignored them, then I do think some of the blame sits with them

If the Matt Slater take doing the rounds on Twitter is true then the EFL stance is as they say 'against statute' but they've not changed their own rules.

So perhaps more a case of not realising how 'inefficient' the EFL are than ignoring them?

Someone mentioned at some point the effect on the credibility of the championship as a competition if we are booted out on 1 February.  
The wonderful irony of this would be if Boro with their strengthened squad and new manager for the second half of the season ready for a promotion push somehow lose out on promotion because of the effect of it or,even better, claims are brought by other clubs because his actions derailing their promotion pushes. If someone misses play offs by a point or a goal even due to their results against us being removed how could he say they dont have a claim against Boro for £45m. This somehow needs to be stressed to the EFL/Boro fans. 

12 minutes ago, Maharan said:

If I was to come round to your house and complain your car has scratched my car while in a car park but there is no evidence it was you, But i'm demanding £1000 damages for the repair.

Would you pay me?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If the Matt Slater take doing the rounds on Twitter is true then the EFL stance is as they say 'against statute' but they've not changed their own rules.

So perhaps more a case of not realising how 'inefficient' the EFL are than ignoring them?

What is Matt's take, I've not anything on twitter yet.

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If I was to come round to your house and complain your car has scratched my car while in a car park but there is no evidence it was you, But i'm demanding £1000 damages for the repair.

Would you pay me?

No, but I’d certainly try and discuss it with you to find out why you thought I owed you, and in the event you kept insisting, I’d probably discuss with the authorities too.