The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I take your point about Ashley. He doesn’t seem a nice guy and has treated his workforce very badly. If we could have a better, more ethical owner takeover I would be all for it. However, when push comes to shove, if it’s Ashley or liquidation I will take Ashley I am afraid ?

You are afraid .

Blimey you are afraid of Rooney as well mate .

You thought he was useless 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

It’s your opinion but if Mike Ashley thinks he’s not wanted at Derby then that would be very sad for Derby County as the other bids will mean years of strife if we survive at all. 

That’s all and it may not happen anyway. 

I don’t want Ashley to get the impression he’s not wanted because I think he is .

Maybe one of you famous polls would be a good idea on the preferred bidder 

I don’t think he’ll be put off by one poster really. He isn’t going to be courting online for opinion. It’s a business opportunity for him to buy us and sell us on later. 

1 hour ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

The only way I see to make quick money in football is cash in on the leap from Champ to Prem. 

Run at break even (we did this once upon a time) and hope for a manager to put a team together that can do it (we did this once upon a time - 2014) At the same time on  a shoestring (our  academy is threatening to do this already), then cash in on the guarenteed Prem Riches before you have to start financing gold plated Bentelys. 

Walk off with a double your money investment.  

Which seasons did we run at breakeven? ?

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

It’s your opinion but if Mike Ashley thinks he’s not wanted at Derby then that would be very sad for Derby County as the other bids will mean years of strife if we survive at all. 

That’s all and it may not happen anyway. 

I don’t want Ashley to get the impression he’s not wanted because I think he is .

Maybe one of you famous polls would be a good idea on the preferred bidder 

I think my opinion has been drowned out by all those feverishly in favour. I also doubt that he would be perturbed by a single dissenting voice - nor should he be.

So, you need not worry.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I think my opinion has been drowned out by all those feverishly in favour. I also doubt that he would be perturbed by a single dissenting voice - nor should he be.

So, you need not worry.

I’m worried that the club I love may have years of strife and so should you be 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still asking for the highlights of what it is you are objecting to with Ashley?

The glass half empty is he offers millions of zero hour contracts and minimum wages to his staff.

The glass half full is he offer millions of jobs to people across the country.

Thing is working for Sports Direct is nobodies dream but it's a job at the end of the day and I think people will be hard pushed to find any owner / CEO of the any chain on the high street that is any different.

Does it make it right? Nope but being a chain on the high street is not what it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s, ironically same can be said about Derby haha ;)

2 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

The glass half empty is he offers millions of zero hour contracts and minimum wages to his staff.

Thing is working for Sports Direct is nobodies dream but it's a job at the end of the day and I think people will be hard pushed to find any owner / CEO of the any chain on the high street that is any different.

Does it make it right? Nope but being a chain on the high street is not what it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s, ironically same can be said about Derby haha ?

If that's it it's hardly Hitler-esque! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still asking for the highlights of what it is you are objecting to with Ashley?

Sorry, @RoyMac5, I'm sure you're just looking for another fight. I'm sure you are aware of Ashley's employment practices - and, if not, I'm sure you know how to conduct Internet searches.

It's all the stuff mentioned on here: zero hour contacts, use of low cost foreign workers as opposed to using the local workforce, thus driving wedges into the community (arguably fuelling xenophobia and the drive towards Brexit).

But, as you and others say, there will be very few, if any, successful business people with clean ethical records so.....

39 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

There's more to life than money.

You may be too short sighted to understand that there's even more to life than Derby County.

This is nothing to do with Newcastle United or the views of their entitled fans.

This is to do with Mike Ashley, the unpleasant person and terrible employer.

So swivel whatever you like.... And learn more about life, the world and everything in it.

Wow you’re really taking the high ground. Telling someone to get out more and learn about life, the world and everything in it. Well I agree totally with DCFC27. And you can’t accuse me of being short sighted. I worked for 30 years on British aid projects abroad mainly in developing countries, from the Caribbean, to Africa, the Middle East, India and Malaysia. Oh and Kazakhstan. I’ve experienced different customs, food, heat, ways of thinking. I’ve been arrested, I had to flee rebels in Sierra Leone, caught Malaria. So I’ve, to quote you, learnt more about life, the world and everything in it that I suspect you have. So try to not be so condescending to a fan who just wants the best for his team. OK, rant over, back to my beer.

2 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Does it make it right? Nope but being a chain on the high street is not what it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s, ironically same can be said about Derby haha ?

Also, nobody is forcing these people to work there. They would have known the contract & pay when they got the job, as you say, its better than no job at all.

18 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I wasn't comparing them.

I was merely comparing the reaction of our supporters in the two cases.

But hey ho, seems you cannot have a dissenting voice on here. I'm being accused of not wanting the club to survive simply because I'd rather us have a different owner than Ashley. How democratic is that?

Of course you can. That’s the point. I think in a few years time I may be aligned with you in your views on him but right now needs must. And I’d rather him than an owner linked to drug smuggling and blowing up bakeries put it that way

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

It's all the stuff mentioned on here: zero hour contacts, use of low cost foreign workers as opposed to using the local workforce, thus driving wedges into the community (arguably fuelling xenophobia and the drive towards Brexit).

Nope, not seen this. Where are the local workforce as opposed to the 'foreign workers' then? 

The xenophobia and drive towards Brexit? Hmmm.

No wonder you tell me to google and have no answer that you direct towards Ashley.

2 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Wow you’re really taking the high ground. Telling someone to get out more and learn about life, the world and everything in it. Well I agree totally with DCFC27. And you can’t accuse me of being short sighted. I worked for 30 years on British aid projects abroad mainly in developing countries, from the Caribbean, to Africa, the Middle East, India and Malaysia. Oh and Kazakhstan. I’ve experienced different customs, food, heat, ways of thinking. I’ve been arrested, I had to flee rebels in Sierra Leone, caught Malaria. So I’ve, to quote you, learnt more about life, the world and everything in it that I suspect you have. So try to not be so condescending to a fan who just wants the best for his team. OK, rant over, back to my beer.

Well it's a tad hypocritical of you when you know nothing about my life.

DCFC27 was telling me to "swivel my head" just because I would prefer a different owner to Ashley. You think that's alright, do you?