The Administration Thread

Boycie

33 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Who is the money man ?

I don't think Appleby will have problem finding a "money man" seeing as they had wealthy backers last time (albeit they didn't wanna spend). 

Steve Morgan and another backer seem to be the money. It'll all be legit and Appleby will very likely be honest about it, rather than Kirchner beating around the bush on who his backer was.

48 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Looks like Appleby/Rush think they have a good chance of being the imminent preferred bidders. We cannot afford to be too choosy. However they may have to take out a big mortgage to buy DCFC. Burnley are in the same position now , and find themselves short of money because any income has to pay the mortgage. At this late stage I still have my fingers crossed a billionaire could come along and treat himself to a late Xmas present.

We had one of those and somehow he was frightened off

My guess is that the bids still don't meet what the administrators think the creditors will accept, even after the improved offers came back.

Leaving the administrators going between creditors trying to sell them on a deal that isn't enough then presumably at some point going back to AA and saying "we think we can do it for X but no less"

If nothing comes together from the buyer side and creditors side on £££££ then it'll end up going to the creditors to say "you taking it, or we liquidating the business?"

Obviously, there's the risk to the buyer posed by Boro and Wycombe and the stadium ownership that are complications as well.

We're not a straightforward purchase/rescue and obviously, the bidders want to buy it for as little as possible.

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My guess is that the bids still don't meet what the administrators think the creditors will accept, even after the improved offers came back.

Leaving the administrators going between creditors trying to sell them on a deal that isn't enough then presumably at some point going back to AA and saying "we think we can do it for X but no less"

If nothing comes together from the buyer side and creditors side on £££££ then it'll end up going to the creditors to say "you taking it, or we liquidating the business?"

Obviously, there's the risk to the buyer posed by Boro and Wycombe and the stadium ownership that are complications as well.

We're not a straightforward purchase/rescue and obviously, the bidders want to buy it for as little as possible.

I think you're spot on. It wouldn't surprise me if the initial offer is well below what the admins / creditors would hope for, so now it's a case of trying to come to a point which is mutually acceptable. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a little longer than we'd hope, but it is the nature of the beast, and it sounds like a really messy situation. 

1 minute ago, Maharan said:

I think you're spot on. It wouldn't surprise me if the initial offer is well below what the admins / creditors would hope for, so now it's a case of trying to come to a point which is mutually acceptable. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a little longer than we'd hope, but it is the nature of the beast, and it sounds like a really messy situation. 

They really really really shouldn't have used the word imminently.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

They really really really shouldn't have used the word imminently.

Yeah, it does look to be a poor choice of word! If I recall correctly, someone mentioned a bid of around 30 million a few dozen pages back? If that's the case, then it appears there is a long way to go to find some middle ground if an agreement is to be made. (If i got that wrong, i apologise, but I can't be bothered going through pages of puns to find the earlier comment sorry!)

I can't imagine that'll be a quick process. I genuinely don't think it's a case of the administrators dragging their heels, all the negotiations with both sides is going to take time. 

Worth noting Quantuma we’re imminently announcing a preferred bidder not a deal being completed. If Appleby is named this week then with the holidays that just about falls within imminent timeframe (only just).

Reasons it hasn’t been announced yet, clearly we’re not at a point where any offers meet what the creditors want, potentially Quantuma could be giving more time to see what the other bidders (we think it’s only Gadsby at this point) can offer to try and stimulate further bids to increase the offers.

Obviously there is only so long they can play this game for. If they manage to secure more funding (from MSD for example) they might want to drag the process out further, but more likely the preferred bidder will be named at some point in January and they will then enter a process of further negotiations with the creditors to strike a deal, which will probably take the remainder of the season.

Where will we end up, who knows. The positive is whoever the preferred bidder ends up being (likely Appleby) will be credible unlike what happened with the Wigan takeover where they got quite far along and it all fell apart. So once preferred bidder is confirmed we should take confidence we won’t be liquidated.

The key then is will they be able to agree a CVA? It would seem if reports on offers are to be believed and the fact it’s taking so long to announce a preferred bidder that there is still a gap between what they’re willing to accept and what has been offered. Unless that can be closed in the coming weeks/months we would have to agree a restructuring plan which would mean we start next season on minus points whatever division we’re in.

But we’re still speculating. We unfortunately have to trust the administrators to do their job and the outcome will be the outcome. Those comparing this to BZI and Alonso are not right to do so. This is completely different as Chancers are not involved and nor are Club owners with unreasonable demands. IMO a deal will be done before the end of the season and we will have clarity on the future, will know what division we’re in and where we will be starting from (zero or minus points). Not the best scenario but certainly not the worst scenario.

36 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's also that we don't know what £30m covered and to who, and CK claimed his bid was "up to £60m over two years" and the administrators said AAs was higher.

We're all grasping in the darkness to make sense of it.

Didn’t they say it was 7 figures higher. That’s only a Million which is nothing in football these days.