Supporters Groups Meeting with Administrators

RamsfanJim

We may do, but when the preferred bidder is selected they will need to provide a significant non-refundable deposit which will increase available funds. The delays have been largely due to negotiations with the EFL and the legal challenges from other clubs.

How far have negotiations with HMRC progressed? Have you had direct discussions over the offer, or has it all been remote so far?

We hope to have agreement in the next 2 weeks, there have been sensible discussions – HMRC wants confirmation that nothing has been amiss in generating the debt and do understand the situation the club is in. We expect them to be sensible in negotiations as if the club was to be liquidated they would receive much less.

These bits are telling - we started this after complaints from another club and now we are offering no protection against a member club in admin- shysters.  Hope their wendy house of plastic regs gets blown over soon

HMRC will have had discussions about ongoing liability before and will be wanting to know why we agreed  transfer fees and loan fess whilst money was owed.  They could also choose to review any payment agreement going forward to see how we spend money going onwards if a plan for payment is arranged

So, once we have negotiated a settlement (read "skanked") with HMRC re the PAYE etc, we then plan to sell the (shares of the) PPS holding company instead of stadium itself, "to avoid paying excess stamp duty"!  

The HMRC must really love us... I mean them... nowt to do with me... I don't even like football, etc, etc!   ?

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

So you think threats to his family are acceptable then?

I heard plenty of chants about Morris and Pearson, but not one threatening his wife and kids. The only chant resembling a threat was when a few sang " we know where you live " but didn't last long and was only a handful singing it.

29 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I heard plenty of chants about Morris and Pearson, but not one threatening his wife and kids. The only chant resembling a threat was when a few sang " we know where you live " but didn't last long and was only a handful singing it.

Remember years gone by when songs were sung concerning away supporters.

When mooching in the Trent End with axes and razors.

When they were going home in an nice white ambulance

When a visit to the DRI was forthcoming

When you were getting your heads kicked in when having a stroll down Shaftsbury Street

When we asked their Women if they'd like to go to bed after a drink

Just glad they don't know where I live Vamos Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We expect to select a preferred bidder in the next 2 weeks and this will be made public, with the intention to introduce them to supporters.

I just did a little wee!  

Interesting wording... makes it sound like it could be a name we're not aware of at the minute... either way it's sounding promising that we: 1. Have a choice and 2. The timescale isn't too long ??

I'm still a little puzzled about Stephen Pearce being attach to club as the CFO of a business insolvency. I get that he probably has a unique knowledge of all the tricks he and Morris were using but we're surely well beyond handover duties now.

If it's because he has to be because he alone has the answers to a lot of the questions that is not a sign of well run business (apart from the whole being in administration sign of not being a well run business)

I honestly feared the discussions with HMRC were going to be the most difficult. I hope that the optimistic tone being used by the administrators is based in reality. If so, that could be the best news we could have wished for. Not that I'm saying the club should shirk its tax liability, more that HMRC aren't going in for the jugular. 

16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

If singing “Stephen Pearce, we know where you live” is not a threat to him and his family, what is it?

SP has shown people his new house

image.png.6f843479ca5ab57aa3423f96304e3b39.png

But this is his home really

image.png.802459a5451a33148280e08c987f2c3c.png

Edited by Unlucky Alf